• 149 results
Edited 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: How many of you immediately switched to black theme (663 votes)

The white light was burning my eyes, It had to go. BLACK ALL THE WAY! 85%
White, is alright(rhymes) 11%
colour does not matter (for this option you have to be ok with accepting the proper spelling of colour, lulz) 4%

I got to the site and as soon as I saw the white backround, it was like I was possessed. I realized my reaction was pretty crazy so I wanted to know how others felt.

#1 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

The white was fucking killing me.

#2 Posted by DarkShaper (1320 posts) -

Most sites with a white background hurt my eyes after about 10-15 minutes, black all the way.

#3 Posted by Ezakael (911 posts) -

Yes I switched as soon as I saw the white. Not only does it hurt my eyes but I'm to used to the black theme from the old site.

#4 Posted by LiquidPrince (15842 posts) -

Yep.

#5 Posted by Pr1mus (3808 posts) -

I did but then switched back and forth a bunch between the two. I'm sure i'll settle for black though.

#6 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2195 posts) -

Black > white

#7 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

White power

#8 Edited by TheRealMoot (354 posts) -

The white hurt my eye's immediately. Didn't feel like turning down my brightness so I hit the black button... wonder how long till Google get's a black button?

#9 Edited by RPGee (759 posts) -

Black supremacy.

EDIT: Plus, a black background is more power efficient.

#10 Posted by sirdesmond (1234 posts) -

I don't mind the white all that much. I just think of GB as a black-themed site and wanted to keep it that way. It looks beautiful both ways.

#11 Posted by Trilogy (2645 posts) -

I didn't notice it until I saw this thread. I think it looks pretty snazzy in white so I'll stick with that color for now.

#12 Posted by SuliPatchouli (18 posts) -

Black was immediately back

#13 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

I don't open my blinds and I stay in my pjs all day so I always get to be in night-mode. So yeaaa, black.

#14 Posted by Lashe (1244 posts) -

Started browsing the new site at around 6am, white was killing me. Black feels like a friendly eye-hug.

#15 Posted by super2j (1653 posts) -

The white hurt my eye's immediately.Didn't feel like turning down my brightness so I hit the black button... wonder how long till Google get's a black button?

When youtube had the dimmer for earthday, and then turned it off after, I was like WHY!!! I would have used the shit out of that button. Ultimately I solved that problem with a custom google app thing for chrome, to bad I cant do that to the rest of the internet.

#16 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

I get mad every time I see the white site so I had to switch immediately.

#17 Posted by Fattony12000 (7040 posts) -

Black to back.

#18 Edited by Miketakon (513 posts) -

I like my VG sites like my shirts....black and sweaty.

#19 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

People who like the white should have their brains checked, as it goes against all this is good in the world.

#20 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7049 posts) -

Yep.

#21 Posted by Kinapuff (244 posts) -

Switched immediately after I got onto the site, but I'm going to give White another try. Let's see how long it lasts for.

#22 Edited by bellmont42 (317 posts) -

I was shocked when I saw white but then I saw the color switch! also the message layout if kind of lame here......

#23 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Black or gray whatever you say all the way.

#24 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1352 posts) -

its not the same Giantbomb for me if it isnt black

#25 Posted by SaFt (379 posts) -

Black on white aint alright.

#26 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Black Giant bomb is the only Giant bomb!

#27 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

The white theme isn't bad like the previous one was, but I still prefer black.

#28 Posted by Vaancor (247 posts) -

First click I made on the new site. White's a lil too eyeball melting for me.

#29 Edited by HarlechQuinn (444 posts) -

"This latter was a remarkably large and beautiful animal, entirely black, and sagacious to an astonishing degree."

Quoted from: "The Black Cat" by Edgar Allan Poe, August 19th 1943

#30 Posted by golguin (3842 posts) -

I had forgotten to change it until I saw this. I knew there was a reason why the site didn't look right.

#31 Posted by cclemon36 (180 posts) -

At first everything seemed ok on the main page, but then I scrolled down... Had me scrambling for the dark theme -button.

Ok, maybe a little exaggerated, but you get my point, dark all the way.

#32 Posted by Zleunamme (651 posts) -

Back to black, a white theme is too much for me. I liked the light switch button Game Informer uses on their site for that stuff. It would have been cool if GB added a dimmer switch. Then a picture of Vinny would pop up and ask, "Who turned off the lights?"

#33 Posted by nintendork666 (203 posts) -

i wear my sunglasses at night

#34 Posted by WolfHazard (461 posts) -

I prefer the black

#35 Posted by _Chad (963 posts) -

The fact that I had a headache when I first got on earlier made me notice how astoundingly bright white backgrounds are. I switched immediately.

#36 Edited by wwfundertaker (1396 posts) -

Im trying it right now but will probably change it back, the white site is too intense for my eyes.

#37 Posted by Morningstar (2139 posts) -

Well, duh. Black of course.

#38 Posted by Zapato (98 posts) -

Once you go black you never go back.

#39 Posted by TruthTellah (8532 posts) -

I can hardly believe it defaulted to the white theme. Once I switched back to the black theme, I felt so much better.

#40 Posted by HrMagni (94 posts) -

How do you switch to the black theme?

#41 Edited by DizzyMedal (399 posts) -
@hrmagni said:

How do you switch to the black theme?

At the top right of almost any page on Giant Bomb there is your icon, your name, your inbox status and two 'A's. One A is black on a white background. This A is not your friend. Accept no candy from him. Do not return his calls. For the love of all that is good and sacred on this earth, do not invite him into your home.

The other A is a white A on a black background. He will protect you from his evil Bizarro-world counterpart. Embrace him. (Or you know, click on him, same thing.)

#42 Posted by FinalDasa (1492 posts) -

When GB finally loaded for the first time, the first thing I clicked was the black version of the site.

My eyes, they can't take the brightness.

#43 Edited by HODGEY3000 (344 posts) -

i prefer the white theme

#44 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4929 posts) -

Going black like a true patriot!

#45 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Black is so much better when you sit in a dark room...Alone.

#46 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

It's weird. On the preious version, I loved the white theme. White theme all the way. But now I'm using the black theme. The new white theme is a little too blinding.

#47 Posted by Snail (8579 posts) -

To think that I'll either have to login or click that "black" button every time I access this website from a public computer is a bit annoying.

#48 Posted by Vexxan (4615 posts) -

The white theme is too bright for me so immediately back to black.

#49 Posted by Fearbeard (824 posts) -

Pretty much immediately. As soon as I loaded the page, I saw the theme button in the upper right corner, I scrolled down to see how the white looked, then switched it to dark and scrolled down to see how that looked. It's going to stay dark forever now.

#50 Posted by Flappy (2127 posts) -

If it ain't black, it ain't Giantbomb.