How many physical games do you own?

• 94 results
xXCrazyCostaXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just crossed the 150 mark. Had a bad trading habit in high school and a little after but I haven't in good while since I landed a really good job. Also what are some of your top gaming things you own (rare, collectors editions etc).

Avatar image for deathstrokergeist
deathstrokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As in exercise games?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm definitely over 100, maybe over 150.

And the best damn thing I own is the Valkyrie Profile 2 Artifact Box.

kick_assgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

20ish?

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#5  Edited By pyromagnestir

Ummm....

Let's see. I'll estimate:

• 20 Genesis games
  • 15 GB/GBA/3DS
  • 20 GC
  • 25 PS2
  • 20 XBOX
  • 35 N64
  • 25 360
  • 6 PS3
  • 15 Wii
  • 5 assorted other console games
  • 10 pc

So about 200. And I'm probably underestimating.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm guessing close to 100. I have way more digital nowadays. I tend to only buy physical copies of games I know I'll really treasure.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I'm bummed that my Atari and NES and Sega CD collections are gone. And most of my Genesis games.

Damn those childhood garage sales I had no say in :(

kasumi_geist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A metric sh*t-ton.

*ponders on whether to actually count*

Maybe later...

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

200 or so. I own a bunch of limited editions, the most prized probably being the deluxe edition of Demon's Souls. I paid like $200 for it, but it was totally worth it. I doubt there was many produced.

xXCrazyCostaXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan: I'm going digital with some stuff....but there is just something about looking at a shelf full if games that is awesome to me.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Wemibelle

I'd say around 100. I had a tendency to sell back any newer console games, but my PS2 collection kept growing over time. My PC games couldn't be sold back, obviously, so those never dwindled.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd say at least 100. It would be more but I gave away most of my 360 and ps2 games a few years ago.

xXCrazyCostaXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: Sweet! Some of my prized possessions are my two Pikachu 3ds xl's and my Bravely Default collectors edition.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life

Sorry

Yatzee

Trouble

monopol... wait... did you mean video...?

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan: I'm going digital with some stuff....but there is just something about looking at a shelf full if games that is awesome to me.

Well I can definitely understand that, but when spacial limitations become a factor that point of pride begins to have diminishing returns. Regardless, I still like having a cool collection of games and movies on my shelf, even if it's smaller than it used to be.

xXCrazyCostaXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan: very true. Luckily the girlfriend is still tolerating how much room my hobby takes up. She's a gamer also so I think I can keep this collecting thing going for a while. My collection was as low as 15 last year so I've made a lot of progress if you could call it that.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably close to 100-150. I'm not sure if it's rare or not, but I do have a complete-in-box copy of Frogger for the Atari 800XL that I'm fairly proud of.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Maybe 75ish?

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan: very true. Luckily the girlfriend is still tolerating how much room my hobby takes up. She's a gamer also so I think I can keep this collecting thing going for a while. My collection was as low as 15 last year so I've made a lot of progress if you could call it that.

Lucky you. I'm jealous.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By bigjeffrey
MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MEATBALL

I have no idea, too many to just casually count for a forum post. I have a bookshelf filled with 360, PS3, Wii, WiiU, Gamecube, Xbox, PS2, PSone, 3DS and Vita games, and that's not quite everything I own (a handful of DS/Gameboy games are in a drawer and I have a small box with some other assorted games).

I have a handful of Collector's Edition statues sitting on top of that bookshelf. My favourite is probably the ACIV statue that came with the Black Chest Edition.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Based on my slightly outdated list of my collection I know I've purchased/received 63 physical console games. Ten have since been stolen, some of which have been replaced digitally. I also think I've got an additional 11 physical PC games, and some Dreamcast games, which I acquired somehow despite not owning a Dreamcast. I also have doubles of some games which isn't accounted for in my list, like having a PS1 and PS2 copy of THPS3.

So probably 75ish, which is less than I would have guessed.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Looking at my shelf... 1, 2, 3, 4... 127 physical discs and carts. Oh, I forgot the snes and nes carts in the garage, let's say 150 something. I may have a problem... at any rate some cool things I own are: infamous 2 collectors edition with Cole statue and a pretty handy bag, a Video Games Live pamphlet with several of the contributors signatures (including Tommy Tallarico's), a couple Game and Watch games (add two more to the list), and an ocarina that by itself has nothing to do with video games but I did teach myself to play the majority of songs from the Zelda series on. Thank you Crazy Costa for making me evaluate my life like this. My assessment: eh, seems alright.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Seikenfreak

Based on my VGCollect.. About 414 physical games out of roughly 700 games total.

• Atari Jaguar - 4
  • Atari Lynx - 4
  • Game Boy - 5
  • Game Boy Color - 7
  • Super Nintendo - 16
  • Gamecube - 12
  • Nintendo DS - 4
  • Nintendo 3DS - 3
  • Nintendo 64 - 12
  • Wii - 11
  • PC/Windows - 144
  • PlayStation - 28
  • PlayStation 2 - 44
  • PlayStation 3 - 55
  • PlayStation 4 - 6
  • PSP - 5
  • PS Vita - 5
  • Dreamcast - 10
  • Saturn - 1
  • Xbox - 10
  • Xbox 360 - 28

Only recently was given the Saturn by a friend (temporarily IMO) so I want to start getting some stuff for that. And I'd like to find a complete (packaging and paperwork) Model 2 Genesis w/ some complete games for $75-100 maybe. Plan to pick up a Wii U and Xbox One at some point. Once I start getting money again of course.

No Caption Provided

< - - - - - VGCollect's signature thing. Shows your most recently added items. When I was counting the games I noticed it said I only had 2 Gamecube games which was weird. Went in and added the missing stuff which is why it shows a bunch of GC stuff.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#25  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I counted them about 5 years ago, but can't remember the number anymore. Somewhere around 500 I'd guess, about a hundred each of PS2 and PS3 games, and about 200 PC games, and then in total maybe 100 for other platforms such as PS1, Vita, Game Boy/GBA, Genesis and N64.

As for rare things, I generally don't care for limited edition stuff, though I've gotten some cheap, and sometimes opt for them if the price difference compared to a regular copy isn't all that big. I kinda prefer collecting those "mid tier" games, the shit few care about and that sometimes don't even get any entries on mobygames and such. They're certainly not worth a lot, but more than anything I hate it when stuff gets lost to time, something that is unlikely to ever happen to that Stadium Games thing for the NES, however rare that may be.

One of my favorites is probably No Respect, somewhat of an engine tech demo for the tech they later used in the more well remembered Outcast. Well, I've got a budget release of No Respect that so little effort had been spent on that most of the back cover text was the classic "lorem ipsum" latin placeholder text.

No Caption Provided

xXCrazyCostaXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By xXCrazyCostaXx

@rejizzle: nothing wrong with a little hobby lol, I have my signed GB nighthawks poster right above my collection.

xXCrazyCostaXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seikenfreak: I want to get my friend a Saturn with Virtua Cop for his birthday....he would shit himself

Avatar image for transformers1024
transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To lazy to have to do anything with physicall..

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

I have 867 physical games at the moment (don't worry, I have spreadsheets because I'm a crazy OCD person!) and counting. What can I say, I like collecting and playing games, and I almost always get a physical copy of a game when I can. It'll be 868 when my copy of Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime shows up from eBay in a day or two...

p.s. now I'm waiting for Jeff to show up and give me an intervention.

@evo said:

200 or so. I own a bunch of limited editions, the most prized probably being the deluxe edition of Demon's Souls. I paid like $200 for it, but it was totally worth it. I doubt there was many produced.

Huh, didn't realize that was so pricey at this point; I guess I shouldn't be surprised, that was back when no one knew what the hell that series really was all about, and it wasn't the juggernaut it is now (plus it was/is an exclusive on PS3). I just have my copy that I bought when the game came out; it's quite a nice little boxed set, and it think it originally sold for normal price ($60). I got a ton of use out of the little mini-guide that came with it.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

@csl316 said:

Now I'm bummed that my Atari and NES and Sega CD collections are gone. And most of my Genesis games.

Damn those childhood garage sales I had no say in :(

I feel your pain. My mom sold my Genesis and all my games in a garage sale back in the day without consulting me (as well as my complete collection of Goosebumps books, and a pretty good set of OG Transformers).

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

• 8 DS games (5 of which are pokemon)
  • 4 3DS games
  • 4 Wii games
  • 2 Wii U games
  • 2 ps3 games (I probably have 15 or so in the pawn shop which I'm sad about)
  • 1 360 game (sold my 360, but still have Child of Eden for some reason?)
  • 1 Xbox game (they wouldn't take my copy of Jade Empire, and I don't want to just throw it away)
  • 12 ps2 games
  • 4 ps1 games
  • 6 n64 games

I also have 164 games on steam, around 20 on GOG, maybe 10 PS one classics, some PS Plus stuff, and 2 or 3 downloadable games on my Wii.

I used to have a lot more, but I don't really make enough money to hang on to all the games that I'd like to. Lately I focus on buying older stuff, because I can't sell it for as much, and that stuff won't always be easy to get a copy of.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evo said:

Huh, didn't realize that was so pricey at this point; I guess I shouldn't be surprised, that was back when no one knew what the hell that series really was all about, and it wasn't the juggernaut it is now (plus it was/is an exclusive on PS3). I just have my copy that I bought when the game came out; it's quite a nice little boxed set, and it think it originally sold for normal price ($60). I got a ton of use out of the little mini-guide that came with it.

Sounds like you've got the deluxe edition. I think the original run was all deluxe.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Seikenfreak

@evo said:

Oh awesome. Had no idea that thing was worth any money. That might be my most valuable game then.

You mention you used the mini-guide a lot. Is the outside artwork/ink all rubbed the hell away where your fingers touch it? My book is horrible condition in terms of that. It's all crisp and sharp but the spine is almost all white as well as a chunk of the front cover and some on on the back. I imagine that kinda kills the value.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

328 physical games, approximately. Got a few loose games in CD binders and a bunch of duplicates I didn't add in.

I got a bunch of collectors edition games and stuff, but nothing that's actually rare or valuable. The most valuable collectible I have is probably the Killer Cuts soundtrack. ...I need to get something cool for my Game room that is actually rare...

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know anymore; too many to count on the top of my head. I used to keep track on GameSpot.

hunterob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36  Edited By hunterob

Over 50 N64 games, over 70 PS3 games, over 50 DS/3DS games, probably around 40 Wii games. The PS3 games were mostly bought by my brother, but I kind of own them for now. Somewhere under 30 games for my PS2/PSP/Gamecube/Gameboy~Advance/Xbox 360/Wii U, individually. Currently own exactly 1 game for PS4 and 1 game for Sega Genesis.

I only have one Sega Genesis because I got a Genesis "Model 4" for Christmas (which has godfucking awful sound emulation) and I figured hey, I can use this to play and justify ownership of the version of Revenge of Shinobi where Spiderman morphs into Batman. I'm just waiting for the miracle in which my childhood Genesis & collection somehow finds its way back to me.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna say somewhere in the neighborhood of 150. I have a few limited editions aswell, the first 2 Arkham games, Bioshock Infinite, Mass Effect 3 (unfortunately) and Soulcalibur 4 which i picked up at an EB games for 20$

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped updating Backloggery a year ago, closer to 450 by now I'd think. The rarest and shittiest game I own is the NES version of Turtles Tournament Fighters. Favorite limited edition would probably be the Famitsu DX pack of Dragon's Crown, I have the art prints framed.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zero.

Got rid of all my physical disks a while ago and I've never felt more free in my life.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Roughly 250 it seems, though I've lost so many games over the years (and had a few sold by my stepdad that POS, like my saturn & megadrive games) that it should probably amount somewhere closer to 300. Still isn't much in the face of serious collectors, but I do like seeing my stash of physical games stacked all around my room all the same. Unless there's a significant discount, I'm going to be sticking to physical for as long as I can.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About 15. I used to pirate games as a kid and only buy like one a year, and when that changed Steam became a thing so game purchases became digital.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Many. That's what I've decided to settle on. Many.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

120 or so? It's been increasing very slowly since Steam got good.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By Haruko

Around 500 in my apartment and around 400 at my parents house. Last gen and this gen only are here while everything else is in storage. My parents forbid me from trading anything in or getting rid of it as a kid so they just kind of stayed there and I've just kept adding to the pile over the years.

As for specific stuff I'm proud to own

• Bioshock 2 Special edition (The Box is Gorgeous)

• God of War 2 Promo kit
  • God of War 3 special edition
  • Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Green PSP
  • GBA Micro Famicom Edition
  • Diablo 2 & 3 Collectors editions
  • Demons Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2 special editions
  • Xenoblade Chonicles (the one with the red classic controller pro that shit is hot!) and The Last Story collectors editions
  • Binding Of Isaac LImited Edition Signed Tarot Cards
  • The amazing old manuals to Earthsiege, Starsiege, and Starsiege: Tribes (yeah that shits a spinoff of a mech game)
  • The Diablo 2 D&D game box
  • My plaque for being the store champion for the blockbuster video game championship II (Got the farthest and collected the most bananas in Donkey Kong Country.)
  • My 3DS LL Circle Pad pro (Imported that shit from Hong Kong because I'm a goddamned moron)
  • And as for nongaming I've got a signed Matisse Sketch that's my one object de art.
xXCrazyCostaXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haruko: @mendelson9: Will do thanks!!

In terms of collectors editions I have fallout new Vegas, fable 3, mass effect 3 n7, assassins creed 1, 2 and 3, Bravely Default, Infamous Second son, Halo 4, South Park stick of truth and The witcher 2. Had bought my girlfriend the animal crossing 3ds xl but it got stolen :(...also p4 golden and shin megami 4.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Put me down for 20ish!

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many physical games do I own? If I said a "metric shit ton" would that give you a good idea?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By falserelic
No Caption Provided

For ps4 just these two, the rest is digitally, but when I had a ps2 I had a huge collection.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Four for the PS4

About 30 for the PS3