How Many PSN/XBL Friends?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

With all of this talk about what next gen console to buy and what console to say with I have a question.

How many total friends do you have on PSN or XBL?

How many on that list do you play with daily or even once a month?

How many do you not know very well and never play with at all?

I have friends on both PSN and XBL, but only play with a small fraction of them. They are ALL people I know pretty well (online or in RL) so I don't cut them off my list, but the truth is I only play with a fraction of the people.

I ask this mostly because it seems to me that I don't honestly care what system my friends buy. It is irrelevant because I have 5x as many friends as I can even play with. Oh, there are people I play with every day that I would miss for a few weeks, but I would just play with other people. Having one system or another wouldn't even be a blip in my ability to play online with friends. Also. I'm probably crazy, but I often have fun playing with 'randoms'. I can go into most rooms in an online game, play with people and then have fun. If people are idiots, I just move rooms, not a big deal.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

My Xbox Live list is full but I only have about a dozen friends on PSN. Come to think of it I'm not sure if I've played an online multiplayer game on the PS3 with any of my friends. Party support etc. has just been better on the 360.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Two on my list. One of those is a 2nd account of mine. I play with zero people on my list on a daily basis.
Friends list sizes don't matter to me, because I do not play video games with people I know.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By pyromagnestir

There are a few people on my Xbox friends list, only a couple I know, and they don't even have an Xbox anymore. When they did we would occasionally play together, but certainly not daily, or even monthly. The rest are mostly my brother's friends, he uses my account to play Fifa and stuff.

I have 0 friends on PSN. Just like real life.

The friends on my Steam account are mostly people I've traded games with in the past. That was pretty the only interaction I've had with them.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have 3 friends on my live account and play with none of them. I mostly played single player games this gen so didn't make many friends on the Xbox.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Giefcookie

I don't know anyone who owns a PS3 so my PSN friends list is empty. Also I don't really play multiplayer in games. I haven't even connected my PS3 to the internet in about a year.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont have alot of XBL friends cus most people i know don't have a 360, and for the longest time i was all like "i'm not accepting a friend request from anyone i dont personally know!" Now i'm accepting requests from guys i had good matches with, random people from forums. Its nice.

Though this one guy always wants to party chat and awkwardly sit there in silence.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have about 12 friends on Xbox Live but I actually know all those people in real life. I saw I play with about 6 of them on a regular basis.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

On PSN I've got 3 people IRL and about 7 that I accumulated over the years. I don't really play with any of them but that's because I rarely play multiplayer on PS3.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have quite of few PSN friends though I actually talk to 6 or 7. There's some people on my friends list I've never really talk to, and they been on my friend's list for years. Sometimes I question myself of why I haven't removed them yet. Sometimes I hate when people send friend invites but don't want to talk. Sometimes I try to engage people with a conversation and they won't respond. Sometimes I wonder why they bothered sending a friend invite.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By DeF

Out of my 20 or so PSN friends I only really actually played with one of them. The others just exist as "hey I know you from xyz"

I don't play with my XBL friends since those either are the same guys I know on PSN and I don't burn money by paying for Gold ;)

As of now, I've spent the most time playing online with friends on 3DS actually.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've got around 45 friends on Live but only talk to like 5 of them on a somewhat regular basis. I've only got like 10 (?) friends on PSN and because the social features suck so bad I don't really engage with people. If I do play PS3 with friends I'm usually in an Xbox Live Party so we can chat.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By winsord

I usually leave my Xbox Live friends list at 99/100 so I can still recieve friend requests, as it just makes it easier for friend management. On PS3 I think I've got 60 or so of the 100 cap, but I actually play with those people more often than my Xbox friends. On the 360 most of that list comes from in-person friends, a Forza community team, forum friends and Rock Band. My PS3 account is mostly full up of forum people and Gran Turismo players. I used to play with large portions of both friends list every week or so, but I haven't really been playing multiplayer games on consoles for a while now though, so it's pretty rare I play with any of those people anymore. It'll also be hard to play with those 360 friends in a month or so when I let my Xbox Live subscription lapse.

As for the last question, none. I know all of the people on my lists reasonably well and know precisely where I met each person. The only thing that makes that confusing is if they change their username but don't send a message out to let people know. In that case, I usually just delete them after a couple of weeks if I don't play with, or speak to them. There are a decent number of people on those lists that have been offline for a really long time though, but I can usually only be bothered to remove them if I need to make space.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

I have 98 friends on PSN (I leave 2 spots for newcomers, and delete inactive players). 90% of them come from my time spent playing Modern Warfare 1 & 2. I got pretty good at those games, and that coupled with my clan received some attention in my country.

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think I have around 63 and of those I probably play with around 7 regularly. The rest bar around 15 or so I know them all in real life and occasionally play online with them.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

PSN
I have about 95+ on PSN. I know two of these people in real life...who I don't play with (husbands of the women I work with). About 80 of the other people I have known for years online. I then have a few people from GB who added me because I play Dragons Dogma. But as I said I only paly with a tiny fraction of the people

XBL
I had about 20 people, maybe of the same people on PSN. My XB360 has been broken for three or four years....my launch system broke three years in.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By DarthOrange

Around 20 on XBLA (real people I know and a few Giant Bombers I added for Trials Evolution) and around 90 on PSN (people I really know, a few Giant Bombers, and other cool people I have met through random online matches). I haven't played much online multiplayer lately though but there is a core group of around 5 that I regularly play with.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

None on PSN. I have several on my 360 profile but I don't play that console much anymore. I have some on Steam that I have occasionally chatted with and maybe two or three that I've played a game with.

amp_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By amp_1986

I think I have 23 on PSN and none on the 360. Most of my PSN friends are people I met on different forums including Giant Bomb as well as people I've added to boost online trophies.

iTweety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have about 35 on Xbox/Ps3. I just sold my Xbox, so mainly all my PS3 friends are inactive :(

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Lord_Xp

I have about 15 friends on my list, but I know all but 3 of them in real life. The other 3 are actually GB people. Sorry I don't play with you guys ever. I find it hard to play with someone I hardly talked to. But if I make friends on this site, I'd be happy to add you and game with you guys once Ps4 is out. (Ps3 is broken)

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Tesla

Only a handful on both systems. My friends list contains only people that I know in real life.