• 94 results
#1 Posted by M_Shini (550 posts) -

We've gotten near the point where we're about to get swamped with games to play, even if all the other games we had bought in the year and either never finished or never wernt enough already.

But i also find that i have some mild form of Ocd when it comes to watching Giantbomb videos when they are up for me to watch which has been getting in the way of me starting or getting into the rhythm of playing, no matter what it is even if its something i probably wont care about in general but obviously watch it anyway because i enjoy the videos for the crew, and with Patrick doing his own thing and in combination of everyone else pumping out so many videos for us to watch (which hay i love it btw) i always find myself putting that first on my queue of things to do and as a result never finish or even start playing anything at all some days.

Its more of a curiosity rather than me asking for help but how much Gaintbomb do you watch over the week? do you watch everything? do you just watch particular videos? do you watch just the premium stuff?

How do you manage your gaming and Giantbomb needs and fit it all in.

#2 Posted by jimmyfenix (3800 posts) -

When ever i have work to do i put a GB video on in the background Weather it be videos from 4 years ago to new quick looks , features and worth playings from Patrick. So pretty much daily.

#3 Edited by RonGalaxy (2826 posts) -

I watch everything except for spookin with scoops, the daily dota, new pathfinder thing, and worth playing. So almost daily, unless it's a slow day.

#4 Posted by Milkman (16477 posts) -

However much they put out that week.

#5 Posted by Seedofpower (3924 posts) -

A lot.

#6 Posted by wjb (1616 posts) -

I watch everything except for The Daily Dota. Some of it is background; some of it is stuff I actually pay attention to.

There's been a lot of content lately, and like you, I kind of "have to" watch every new video. I'm really behind on movies and TV because of this.

#7 Edited by David (130 posts) -

I watch everything except Daily Dota, Bombin' the AM and Coffee Time.

#8 Posted by TheMasterDS (2002 posts) -

Everything but spooking, dota, the majority of load our last/breaking streams and the Jeff Drives Home.

#9 Posted by GValo (192 posts) -

everything but Dota

#10 Edited by RazielCuts (2900 posts) -

Everything but the Daily Dota, some of the flight sim stuff and Spookin with Scoops. I don't always catch the live shows live either (y'know, life gets in the way) but I usually catch them on the site after. And I'd say I probably watch every other Bombin' the AM at this point, only started watching them in the last few weeks though.

#11 Posted by Dimi3je (285 posts) -

quite a bit, I'm here on a daily basis. Loving every bit of it too.

#12 Edited by 49th (2666 posts) -

Not that much. I probably watch 1-3 quick looks depending on what I am interested in, and 1 or 2 live streams - although I often only see half. Plus the bombcast.

#13 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1502 posts) -

It's either Giant Bomb, or Bones. So, a lot

#14 Edited by bigjeffrey (4699 posts) -

The last quick look I saw was the project diva f one. But I rarely watch GB, every Tuesday though my ears are ready.

#15 Posted by Clonedzero (4036 posts) -

Uh, well. That depends. I consume GB content in great chunks. I'll watch a crap ton of it for a week then nothing for a few weeks.

I recently got a subscription so i've been watching ALOT of old subscriber videos. An old unprofessional fridays video each night this week..

#16 Edited by BaneFireLord (2906 posts) -

Most of the Quick Looks, all the Premium streams once archived archived (I generally only manage to catch Unprofessional Fridays live) and half of each Bombin the AM episode (class doesn't get out until after they start). I tend to skip Worth Playing and Daily Dota.

#17 Posted by Dalai (6976 posts) -

I only watch Quick Looks I'm interested in and the occasional Unprofessional Friday show, but really not all that much. I still manage to listen to the Bombcast every week, but even that I have to split over the course of a few days sometimes.

#18 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

Not as much as I used to because I now have less free time. I try to at least watch every Scoops and the Wolf show and Unprofessional Fridays and then maybe one or two QL's that stand out to me. Oh and of course there's the bombcast.

#19 Posted by SgtSphynx (1228 posts) -

I watch/listen to every piece of original content they put out except for Daily Dota, which I have watched live once, and some interviews. As far as trailers, I only watch those that interest me.

#20 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

I used to watch everything on this site and never missed a show. Now I mostly just watch the weekly shows and most QL's I shut off a few min in. Very little on the site has held my interest for the last year or two. I mostly just stick around out of habit and the odd video makes it worth staying.

#21 Posted by A_Talking_Donkey (262 posts) -

A few hours, mostly Quick Looks and the Bombcast. I used to watch a lot more but I just don't have the free time anymore.

#22 Posted by CaLe (3895 posts) -

I watch them, but not all of them. I watch the video, but sometimes not all of the video, and skip to the end of the video to hear the closing statements from both parties. I watch the Friday live show, and usually the full production, but not always. I hope my question answers you.

#23 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

All of it

#24 Edited by chiablo (889 posts) -

Speaking of which, I have a question for everyone here...

I'm a working adult, and only have so much time available for entertainment. Primarily, I spend my free time playing games, or watching humorous videos online. I'll even watch the occasional Quick Look if it's going to be funny or a game I'm interested in. But, pretty much, my time is limited and I want to spend that limited time actively doing something. I don't even have time to watch TV any more and wonder how people can keep up on all the latest shows.

There are thousands of games being played on twich.tv at any moment of the day. Who the hell is consuming all of this content? I have friends who ask me to watch their Twitch stream, but I'd rather play the game myself than watch them play it. Unless it's a professional DotA player where I can learn how to play better or they are really entertaining (Game Grumps, Giant Bomb crew, etc.) I'm not going to waste my time.

When the PS4 comes out, and everyone can stream their gameplay on a whim... who the hell is going to watch it?

#25 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

Not much at all to be honest. Don't get me wrong I do watch vids from time to time, but I usually come on GB just to read the forums.

#26 Posted by L1GHTN1N (426 posts) -

I consume pretty much everything. I watch all the live stuff when I can and catch the archive when I can't, and watch every quick look/original video they put up as well as the Bombcast. There's a couple of Patrick videos I still need to get around to watching (Amnesia quick-look and the last Outlast stream) but otherwise I've seen pretty much everything. It does get in the way of actually playing games a bit, but I've been trying to play games that are slower and I can turn the audio off on and multitask that way (I've been playing Civilization V during Unprofessional Fridays for example, before that I would grind in FFXIV)

#27 Edited by Tussler (34 posts) -

Watch most of the free content. But rarely watch a full quicklook if the game dosent interest me, and bombin' the a.m mostly audio only. I wish they would do more audio stuff, thanks to the bombcast i actually look forward to work on wednesdays. Bombcast everyday!

Edit: I find myself saving content for bad hangover sundays, 6+ hours of giantbomb will get me through the day!

Edit edit: If i wasnt such a stingy cheap bastard i would have gotten a subscription years ago, but i never felt like i had the time to consume all this extra content. But i really really want to watch daily dota and spookin with scoops, so i'll get one very soon. I feel like a filthy pirate leecher for not getting one sooner tbh. I mean even if i didnt have time to watch the premium stuff, the podcast alone with worth the price of subscription.

#28 Posted by CornBREDX (4729 posts) -

I watch most everything they do until I get bored. I don't watch the QA stuff anymore (jar time, whatever Patrick's is called, etc.). I feel I "get them" enough now that I don't really care, beyond what they say on the podcast or videos, to hear more of their answers to stuff. It's usually just repeating what they've already said, anyway.

#29 Edited by geirr (2468 posts) -

I usually have no problems with this unless I get hooked on a new MMO. Most other games have a pause button.

#30 Edited by Cyrus_Saren (528 posts) -

Not really. I usually only come here to check out the forums and see what the users I follow have to say.

#31 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

Only have time to listen to the bombcast and bombin the am during my commute these days ;(

#32 Edited by Jeust (10447 posts) -

Not really. I usually only come here to check out the forums and see what the users I follow have to say.

Same here.

#33 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6385 posts) -

Back in the day? Everything they put out. Now that I have a social life and take my responsibilities seriously? I watch almost none of the content they put out anymore. I listen to the podcast while I run still though.

#34 Posted by Zalrus9 (107 posts) -

I think I consume Giant bomb more than I actually play video games. Of course, that might be because I listen to Giant Bomb while I play video games...

#35 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1828 posts) -

Depends on the week. Sometimes there's stuff I care about... I've definitely fallen off in my consumption of content in the last two months. There's just not much being put out there that I really care about.

#36 Posted by AlexW00d (6167 posts) -

Pretty much none of it any more.

#37 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Very little. The occasional Quick Look, and I watched a part of Vinny playing Dark Souls.

#38 Edited by spraynardtatum (2519 posts) -

None of your goddamn business!

#39 Edited by PandaBear (1295 posts) -

Basically none. It's the forums now and then, but I never miss the AM show and the Bombcast. I'm basically a premium member just to support the Bombcast.

#40 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2177 posts) -

ALL OF IT

#41 Posted by billymagnum (705 posts) -

probably about at least 2-3 hours after work everyday. sometimes upwards of 8hours during the week end.

#42 Edited by mosespippy (3971 posts) -

Now that I'm busy I just listen to the recordings of Bombing the AM and the Bombcast. With Ryan and Patrick no longer at the office I don't really feel the need to watch any of the video. Maybe I just don't know what's happening this week. If only there were some sort of Monday video to tell me.

#43 Edited by Sinusoidal (1259 posts) -

Used to be a lot more, then I finished watching everything. At least everything available to a non-subscriber. I really should figure out a way to pay from Korea and subscribe.

#44 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5112 posts) -

2 much

#45 Posted by bluefish (417 posts) -

No more than ten minutes. I came into the site through the Bombcast and really only visit the site itself to give them hits and to brows the forums (which are the only forums I'm on actually.)

I find I get an excellent recap of the site through the podcast alone, and their meandering style suits a long podcast on a commute better than my limited time at home.

#46 Posted by thatdutchguy (1267 posts) -

My lust for GB content cannot be quenched, I watch it all !

#47 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

The sum of the total running time of all live streams

- the out of SF streams (mornin', spookin' with scoops)

+ the occasional QL

I actually don't play games much so finding the time to watch GB streams isn't too bad (though now that pokemon is out I've found myself playing that a tonne over the last few days).

#48 Posted by BillMurray (12 posts) -

The occasional QL here too, aswell as some of Patrick's content. Kinda feel like there isn't quite as much free video content as their used to be. I really miss TNT and i'm a bit too poor to subscribe at the moment sadly. Hopefully in the future i'll be able to catch up with all the premium content.

#49 Posted by Ezekiel (363 posts) -

I don't know if I've ever watched any.

#50 Posted by Ares42 (2546 posts) -

At this point I mostly just watch QLs. Even stopped listening to the bombcast. Not really interested in their opinions anymore, just looking for a good presentation of the games.