How much longer will PS+ support the PS3?

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Because if it's going to be a while I may buy a ps3 with a subscription and just play the free games from there.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#2  Edited By sammo21

Honestly? I bet for a good long time. I kept both of my PS3s and got rid of my 360 and I am pretty thankful I made that move. I wouldn't doubt if PS+ for PS3 continues even past its life cycle. Can you think of a better way to move to almost all profit hardware for a company?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Id say two years at minimum.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I think it'll be for years to come just look at how long they supported the ps2. And with PS+ it shouldn't be too difficult to just get a couple games up for free so there's no reason for them not to.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Considering they still put up PSP games from time to time I'd say it'll be a long long time.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

at least a century. way after we're all dead and in the ground.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@spraynardtatum: Not long enough, I want to know that my great great great great grandson/granddaughter could play the free games that I didn't pay for on the ps3. Unacceptable IMHO.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ilikepopcans

I think people are being to generous. I would say around a year of constant support more. But I'm also not 100% sure because PS+ is a newer thing and we never seen this scenario before.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@dark said:

@spraynardtatum: Not long enough, I want to know that my great great great great grandson/granddaughter could play the free games that I didn't pay for on the ps3. Unacceptable IMHO.

Transfer your digital rights to him/her like Bruce Willis

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bigsocrates  Online

In terms of new content coming out? Probably a couple years. There will still be plenty of PS3 games in 2014 and some in 2015. They may cycle stuff in and out after that but I wouldn't bet on it.

In terms of still being able to play games you downloaded? Probably many years. Authentication servers are not very expensive and PSN will still be up supporting PS4 and the Vita. I would imagine you'll run through the library before they shut down access.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I don't see why someone would think this program would last a year more for PS3. They will only MAKE money off of this and can you imagine Sony being able to push PS3's with the promise of a large instant game collection? Since none of those games are backwards compatible on the PS4 they can sell systems even at $100 for profit and promise the IGC. I don't see how that isn't a win-win.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they can make a profit it will say... it will make a profit.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#13 MattyFTM  Moderator

They'll continue supporting PS3 for at least a year, probably more. Until there is a large back-catalogue of PS4 games, they can't give away too many PS4 games. It'll cost them too much money giving away brand new, just released games. So they're going to continue to push the already established platform, with a large back catalogue to pull games from.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

For as long as they are selling the PS3, which will be for a long time. At least until PS5 is in production.