How much of your gaming time is devoted to the new generation consoles?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How much of your gaming time is devoted to the new generation consoles? (74 votes)

All of it 8%
Most of it 9%
About half and half 7%
Some, but less than half 11%
None 9%
I don't own a new console 38%
I am a PC gamer and I come into console threads to be mean to console gamers because that is what makes me feel good about me. 15%
I have a Wii U and like to pretend it is a new generation console even though it's really kind of a different thing 3%

For those who have a PS4 or XBONE, how much of your gaming time are you spending on them these days? I find myself spending relatively little, mostly because there's so much from the last generation I want to catch up on and surprisingly little new stuff. Sure if you're mostly into playing the yearly shooters (Battlefield, CoD, Killzone) or the sports franchises there's plenty to do, but for those who like to play story-based games there's...well...Dead Rising 3 is apparently decent.

Meanwhile there's just a ton of content for the old warhorses, and more on the way before the new consoles get stuff. This Christmas I did play a little Peggle 2, but I also caught up on Brothers and started CoJ: Gunslinger, both older games that I missed. It was a long time ago but my memory is that once I got a 360 it was real hard to go back to the original Xbox and Ps2 in terms of graphics and even controller design. This time the older gen seems to be holding its own better in my opinion. It might just be that the transition to HD was huge vs the transition to...slightly higher def HD.

If you are playing the new systems what are you playing most?

P.S. PC gamers obviously are still playing their PCs, which are graphically at least on par with he new consoles, so that's less surprising than moving back from new systems with 8 times the RAM to 8 year old systems. Wii U owners obviously have a lot more to play than PS4 or XBONE owners, and also the difference between a 360 or PS3 and Wii U is much lower in terms of graphical fidelity, even if you love the Wii U and think it is the best system ever.

P.P.S. I'm not complaining. This is kind of what you expect as a launch buyer and the games will come. I'm just noting that this generation transition is different for me from the last.

• 
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

• I am a PC gamer and i come into console threads because the thread title didn't inform me there was a qualifier attached to the question.
johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I beat all the launch games that I'm interested in, so for a while I don't think I'll be turning them on. Kind of a dead zone for games period for a couple months. May pick up NBA 2K14 at some point. Otherwise, yeah. I've kinda played everything. Might jump back into Resogun or Killer Instinct.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• I am a PC gamer and i come into console threads because the thread title didn't inform me there was a qualifier attached to the question.

The qualifier of "If you have a new console" seems rather obvious. If you were in a forum for musicians and someone asked "How many hours a day do you spend practicing your oboe?" only the most literal minded violinists would answer "None." The obvious implication is that the question is for oboe players.

That notwithstanding, regardless of whether you own a new console or not there is a non-snarky poll answer available. If you own a new console and a PC and spend all your time on the PC you can, of course, answer "none," which is reasonable. If you don't own a new console there is "I don't own a new console." Either is perfectly reasonable for a PC owner to answer.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'll be honest its tough to go back to the PS3. Been playing Battlefield 4 and Assassins Creed 4 nonstop.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't gotten any of them yet. Not that I could have gotten an Xbox1, as I live in a third world country named Norway.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Most of it. Still have the PS3 kicking around for The Wolf Among Us and TWD: Season 2.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of it.

After I finished Killzone and AC4 I picked up COD:Ghosts and Marvel Superheroes.
To my surprise I've been playing a lot of Ghosts multiplayer while listening to the game of the year deliberations. I thought I was done with COD MP.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Wii U owners obviously have a lot more to play than PS4 or XBONE owners

...really?

I have a PC. I'm not telling you that to be a dick, I'm telling you that because it means I'm going to be waiting for quite some time to buy a next generation console. You're the fellow that kicked off with a hostile comment in the poll options, not me.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Well, as I don't have either of the new consoles, none. I don't have a lot of cash and there's nothing on them right now which I want that badly.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

As of now, the only console game I'm playing is Ac 4. I'll probably go back to Battlefield 4 after a while, but probably not until the problems are worked out. The rest of the time I spend on gaming is on my 3ds and Pc.

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I beat and played the crap out of my PS4 launch games, so I'm just waiting for new stuff to come in. I think I saw Don't Starve is January and I'm excited for that, but I've just been on my PC for most of my gaming (Dark Souls and Binding of Isaac I'm looking at you) until then.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judging by the "great" poll, looks like someone doesn't like PC's.

I'll go with none because PC

which are graphically at least on par with he new consoles

At least? Yeah, right.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no issue with PCs or PC gamers. I used to play on PC back when I had time for IRQs and endless patches (I understand these issues have improved since then.) I am just bored of the same tired arguments why PC gaming is superior cropping up in every thread no matter how irrelevant. You want to play on your PC because you think it's better that way? Fantastic. You want to insult everyone who has different priorities or resources or whatever? You're a jerk. PC gamers are super defensive for a group nobody is attacking in this thread.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are some terrible poll options, I like it! I'm not stupid enough to buy a console until there's say 10 or so objectively excellent games for it. ETA 2-3 years.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By Sergio

Wii U is a next-gen, now a current-gen system, along with PS4 and Xbox One. You might have tried having that option as a joke, but you come off as being an idiot who doesn't understand what is meant by generation when it comes to game consoles.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Zero. In fact most of my time playing games lately has been spent on the PS2...

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't own any next-gen consoles and am not really planning on buying any. Maybe in a year when there's more of a catalogue.

OP seems really defensive regarding PC gaming, though. I wonder what that's about.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

The only counter to snark is snark:

I don't have a new console because I'm not an idiot.