#1 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -

#2 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Piles of shit.

#3 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -

I was just curious. The Indie games service is quite an interesting one. Every now and then a good game will pop up that I'll quite enjoy. It's all a matter of digging through the clutter. I wanted to know if other guys on the forums here made use of it as well.

#4 Posted by Gargantuan (1887 posts) -

Never. I've looked at some screenshots and they've all looked like crap. Free flash games looks better than most stuff I've seen there.

#5 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Never, They are shit, but it is because of Microsoft.

#6 Posted by Humanity (10065 posts) -

@Breadfan said:

Piles of shit.

Very to the point and correct.

I got Tempura of the Dead and then realized after a few levels how I don't miss those 8bit side scrollers one bit anymore.

God bless the new generation. I'd rather play a hundred "mediocre" Kingdoms of Amalur rather than endure Yo Noid style gameplay.

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Not very often. Only bought three of them.

#8 Posted by JaredA (830 posts) -

You guys need to play DLC Quest. It's a great game on the Indie Marketplace and I'm pretty sure it's only 80 Microsoft Points. Also check out Dead Pixels and Bird Assassin.

While there is a lot of garbage on there, don't sell all of them so short.

#9 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -

@JaredA said:

You guys need to play DLC Quest. It's a great game on the Indie Marketplace and I'm pretty sure it's only 80 Microsoft Points. Also check out Dead Pixels and Bird Assassin. While there is a lot of garbage on there, don't sell all of them so short.

I completely agree. There have been some pretty good games released on the service. They just don't get the recognition they deserve because of the overwhelming amount of extremely poor games on there.

#10 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

Piles and piles of garbage on there (wherever it's been hidden these days). "Cthulhu Saves the World" sure is good though.

#11 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11393 posts) -

I've bought exactly two of them. One was last year, the other was some time before then, I don't remember.

#12 Posted by MetalBaofu (1440 posts) -

Only one so far, Miner Dig Deep. I really enjoyed it. I've been meaning to buy DLC Quest, but I haven't yet, and my Xbox is currently dead, so not sure when I will get to buy it.

#13 Posted by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

@superpow said:

@JaredA said:

You guys need to play DLC Quest. It's a great game on the Indie Marketplace and I'm pretty sure it's only 80 Microsoft Points. Also check out Dead Pixels and Bird Assassin. While there is a lot of garbage on there, don't sell all of them so short.

I completely agree. There have been some pretty good games released on the service. They just don't get the recognition they deserve because of the overwhelming amount of extremely poor games on there.

Damn right. I love Miner Dig Deeper, Tempura of the Dead, and Cthulu Saves The World. I haven't checked out DLC Quest, Dead Pixels, or Bird Assassin but I will be sure to do so.

#14 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

From time to time.

#15 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

When it's minecraft... Yes!

#16 Posted by believer258 (12185 posts) -

I bought... something. I don't remember what.

#17 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1212 posts) -

The few times I've checked the indie games out I didn't see anything that interested me.

#18 Posted by TobyD81 (1231 posts) -

I bought Wizorb because it was awesome and well-recommended (thanks, Patrick.) But most of the good ones have better versions on iOS or Steam.

#19 Posted by JaredA (830 posts) -
@bonorbitz

@superpow said:

@JaredA said:

Damn right. I love Miner Dig Deeper, Tempura of the Dead, and Cthulu Saves The World. I haven't checked out DLC Quest, Dead Pixels, or Bird Assassin but I will be sure to do so.

While your at it you should check out Sequence. It's a little more expensive (240 MSP), but it's an interesting take on rythm games. It's like Dance Dance Revolution + RPG elements.
#20 Posted by onan (1286 posts) -

@TobyD81 said:

I bought Wizorb because it was awesome and well-recommended (thanks, Patrick.) But most of the good ones have better versions on iOS or Steam.

This.

I pretty much have only purchased I Maed A Game With Zombies In It and that was about it, although I've downloaded a bunch of demos. It's hard to buy any game on 360 that doesn't have achievements in it. Plus since they're so non-demanding, I'd rather get them on Steam so I can play on my laptop on trips and stuff.

#21 Posted by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

Breath of Death, DLC Quest and some tower defense game. I think they were each a buck, so even if they sucked, it wasn't a huge loss

#22 Posted by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

@JaredA said:

@bonorbitz

@superpow said:

@JaredA said:

While your at it you should check out Sequence. It's a little more expensive (240 MSP), but it's an interesting take on rythm games. It's like Dance Dance Revolution + RPG elements.

I've noticed that game quite a bit and it's on my to-download list. Isn't it on iOS as well?

#23 Posted by JasonR86 (9726 posts) -

B)

There are a few pretty cool games on there and when I have spare points that I can't do anything with I've been known to spend them on indie games.

#24 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2609 posts) -

I wouldn't say that the indie games suck, it's just that many of it's promising developers have either given up due to lack of support and low sales or have moved up to develop bigger games.

I'm telling you, if MS would just give indie games achievements, the sales would be much higher and the games much better.

#25 Posted by JaredA (830 posts) -
@bonorbitz

@JaredA said:

@bonorbitz

@superpow said:

@JaredA said:

I've noticed that game quite a bit and it's on my to-download list. Isn't it on iOS as well?

I don't know about iOS, but it's on Steam.
#26 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Only one I ever bought was the one @Hamst3r made.

#27 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1216 posts) -
#28 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

Never. The indie game quick look they did a while back was all I needed to satisfy my curiosity.

#29 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

I bought Blocks That Matter, that game is fucking awesome. Of course later it appeared on Steam which is probably a better place to get it.

#30 Posted by Garfield518 (401 posts) -

I've bought one: T.E.C. 3001

That shit is awesome.

#31 Edited by WarlordPayne (705 posts) -

I've bought a handful of them. Epic Dungeon and Miner Dig Deep were both great. Cthulhu Saves the World, Escape Goat, and Soul Caster 1 & 2 were both very good, too, and well worth the $1 each of those games cost.

The big problem is wading through all of the complete shit that gets put up there while trying to find something worthwhile.

#32 Posted by redefaulted (2829 posts) -

There are a couple of gems in there but sadly it's drowning in shit like Massagers, "Dating" services, and all the other kind of crap you usually find on flash websites.

#33 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I bought "IMaGWZII" but that's it. I have played a bunch of demos, but got bored after a while. There is some really neat stuff on there, but sorting through it is a task for somebody else.

#34 Posted by SpaceJamLunchbox (127 posts) -

I don't buy them often enough. I'm afflicted with a disease called idealism. I think that if more people bought the games on there that aren't back massagers, they might eventually get better indie games. But wading through the piles of suck on there is tough, I'll admit.

#35 Posted by Grimmrobe (197 posts) -

I buy them as often as I say I like Michael Bay movies.

Which is never.

#36 Posted by Slaegar (740 posts) -

I looked at the recent additions list for Indie Games and saw "Avatar Farting". I quickly hit the B button several times to back out to the main tile...thing and the xbox locked up.

Who needs PC games when you get such a great experience right from your couch?

#37 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

I've only ever bought one, Avatar Adventure, or Avatar Quest or something, it was good, you play as your Avatar in an open world-ish RPG, it had pretty poor combat and visuals but it also had an RPG builder where you could make your own worlds, quests, bosses, loot and story which was actually really neat.

I also played DLC Quest and thought it was OK.

#38 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

Once in a never. Kind of like the cell phone game ecosystem, there's too much crap to wade through and that drags the good things down with them. At least the "hardcore" video game industry has a gajillion professional review outlets that might give you some idea to the quality of a game. There aren't as many dedicated to portable games, and few to none specifically for Xbox Live Indie games. The only coverage I've ever seen was the initial Giant Bomb Quick Look.

#39 Posted by Donkeycow (558 posts) -

I've never even played a trial of an Xbox indie game with the exception of Baby Maker... i just had to see what that thing was.

#40 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

never. havent really bothered with it, havent seen anything that interesting.

#41 Posted by Pazy (2601 posts) -

There are some good games on the indie marketplace, well some..., but the always on requirment prevents me from getting any of them since I dont have good enough (and often enough) internet access.

#42 Posted by wastelanderone (6 posts) -

I haven't bought one in quite a while but I have a few, both awesome and awful.

Breath of Death VII, Cthulhu Saves the World, Epic Dungeon, various Radiangames, Sequence and Solar were all worth buying.

As for the stonkers, well, 8-bit Girlfriend is my biggest regret.

#43 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

never, i don't buy too many games on consoles. i just look at it as we don't know what is going to happen next generation with everything that we bought from the market place.

#44 Posted by OptimalPower (113 posts) -

I find Blocks that Matter, Bloody Checkers, Cursed Loot, ezmuse+, Motorheat, T.E.C 3001, Wizorb, Zombie Estate, and ZP2KX to all be pretty enjoyable.

#45 Posted by RandomHero666 (3183 posts) -