How often do you buy Xbox Live Indie Games?

superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By superpow

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

Piles of shit.

superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By superpow

I was just curious. The Indie games service is quite an interesting one. Every now and then a good game will pop up that I'll quite enjoy. It's all a matter of digging through the clutter. I wanted to know if other guys on the forums here made use of it as well.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Gargantuan

Never. I've looked at some screenshots and they've all looked like crap. Free flash games looks better than most stuff I've seen there.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Dagbiker

Never, They are shit, but it is because of Microsoft.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6  Edited By Humanity

@Breadfan said:

Piles of shit.

Very to the point and correct.

I got Tempura of the Dead and then realized after a few levels how I don't miss those 8bit side scrollers one bit anymore.

God bless the new generation. I'd rather play a hundred "mediocre" Kingdoms of Amalur rather than endure Yo Noid style gameplay.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

Not very often. Only bought three of them.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JaredA

You guys need to play DLC Quest. It's a great game on the Indie Marketplace and I'm pretty sure it's only 80 Microsoft Points. Also check out Dead Pixels and Bird Assassin.

While there is a lot of garbage on there, don't sell all of them so short.

superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By superpow

@JaredA said:

You guys need to play DLC Quest. It's a great game on the Indie Marketplace and I'm pretty sure it's only 80 Microsoft Points. Also check out Dead Pixels and Bird Assassin. While there is a lot of garbage on there, don't sell all of them so short.

I completely agree. There have been some pretty good games released on the service. They just don't get the recognition they deserve because of the overwhelming amount of extremely poor games on there.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Kerned

Piles and piles of garbage on there (wherever it's been hidden these days). "Cthulhu Saves the World" sure is good though.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I've bought exactly two of them. One was last year, the other was some time before then, I don't remember.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By MetalBaofu

Only one so far, Miner Dig Deep. I really enjoyed it. I've been meaning to buy DLC Quest, but I haven't yet, and my Xbox is currently dead, so not sure when I will get to buy it.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By BonOrbitz

@superpow said:

@JaredA said:

You guys need to play DLC Quest. It's a great game on the Indie Marketplace and I'm pretty sure it's only 80 Microsoft Points. Also check out Dead Pixels and Bird Assassin. While there is a lot of garbage on there, don't sell all of them so short.

I completely agree. There have been some pretty good games released on the service. They just don't get the recognition they deserve because of the overwhelming amount of extremely poor games on there.

Damn right. I love Miner Dig Deeper, Tempura of the Dead, and Cthulu Saves The World. I haven't checked out DLC Quest, Dead Pixels, or Bird Assassin but I will be sure to do so.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Karl_Boss

From time to time.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SexyToad

When it's minecraft... Yes!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Justin258

I bought... something. I don't remember what.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

The few times I've checked the indie games out I didn't see anything that interested me.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#18  Edited By TobyD81

I bought Wizorb because it was awesome and well-recommended (thanks, Patrick.) But most of the good ones have better versions on iOS or Steam.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JaredA
@bonorbitz

@superpow said:

@JaredA said:

Damn right. I love Miner Dig Deeper, Tempura of the Dead, and Cthulu Saves The World. I haven't checked out DLC Quest, Dead Pixels, or Bird Assassin but I will be sure to do so.

While your at it you should check out Sequence. It's a little more expensive (240 MSP), but it's an interesting take on rythm games. It's like Dance Dance Revolution + RPG elements.
onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By onan

@TobyD81 said:

I bought Wizorb because it was awesome and well-recommended (thanks, Patrick.) But most of the good ones have better versions on iOS or Steam.

This.

I pretty much have only purchased I Maed A Game With Zombies In It and that was about it, although I've downloaded a bunch of demos. It's hard to buy any game on 360 that doesn't have achievements in it. Plus since they're so non-demanding, I'd rather get them on Steam so I can play on my laptop on trips and stuff.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21  Edited By MildMolasses

Breath of Death, DLC Quest and some tower defense game. I think they were each a buck, so even if they sucked, it wasn't a huge loss

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BonOrbitz

@JaredA said:

@bonorbitz

@superpow said:

@JaredA said:

While your at it you should check out Sequence. It's a little more expensive (240 MSP), but it's an interesting take on rythm games. It's like Dance Dance Revolution + RPG elements.

I've noticed that game quite a bit and it's on my to-download list. Isn't it on iOS as well?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23  Edited By JasonR86

B)

There are a few pretty cool games on there and when I have spare points that I can't do anything with I've been known to spend them on indie games.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say that the indie games suck, it's just that many of it's promising developers have either given up due to lack of support and low sales or have moved up to develop bigger games.

I'm telling you, if MS would just give indie games achievements, the sales would be much higher and the games much better.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JaredA
@bonorbitz

@JaredA said:

@bonorbitz

@superpow said:

@JaredA said:

I've noticed that game quite a bit and it's on my to-download list. Isn't it on iOS as well?

I don't know about iOS, but it's on Steam.
Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Only one I ever bought was the one @Hamst3r made.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By ReyGitano

Never. The indie game quick look they did a while back was all I needed to satisfy my curiosity.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I bought Blocks That Matter, that game is fucking awesome. Of course later it appeared on Steam which is probably a better place to get it.

Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Garfield518

I've bought one: T.E.C. 3001

That shit is awesome.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WarlordPayne

I've bought a handful of them. Epic Dungeon and Miner Dig Deep were both great. Cthulhu Saves the World, Escape Goat, and Soul Caster 1 & 2 were both very good, too, and well worth the $1 each of those games cost.

The big problem is wading through all of the complete shit that gets put up there while trying to find something worthwhile.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kindgineer

There are a couple of gems in there but sadly it's drowning in shit like Massagers, "Dating" services, and all the other kind of crap you usually find on flash websites.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By nintendoeats

I bought "IMaGWZII" but that's it. I have played a bunch of demos, but got bored after a while. There is some really neat stuff on there, but sorting through it is a task for somebody else.

Avatar image for spacejamlunchbox
SpaceJamLunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SpaceJamLunchbox

I don't buy them often enough. I'm afflicted with a disease called idealism. I think that if more people bought the games on there that aren't back massagers, they might eventually get better indie games. But wading through the piles of suck on there is tough, I'll admit.

Grimmrobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Grimmrobe

I buy them as often as I say I like Michael Bay movies.

Which is never.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Slaegar

I looked at the recent additions list for Indie Games and saw "Avatar Farting". I quickly hit the B button several times to back out to the main tile...thing and the xbox locked up.

Who needs PC games when you get such a great experience right from your couch?

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#37  Edited By ShadowVirus

I've only ever bought one, Avatar Adventure, or Avatar Quest or something, it was good, you play as your Avatar in an open world-ish RPG, it had pretty poor combat and visuals but it also had an RPG builder where you could make your own worlds, quests, bosses, loot and story which was actually really neat.

I also played DLC Quest and thought it was OK.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AndrewB

Once in a never. Kind of like the cell phone game ecosystem, there's too much crap to wade through and that drags the good things down with them. At least the "hardcore" video game industry has a gajillion professional review outlets that might give you some idea to the quality of a game. There aren't as many dedicated to portable games, and few to none specifically for Xbox Live Indie games. The only coverage I've ever seen was the initial Giant Bomb Quick Look.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By donkeycow

I've never even played a trial of an Xbox indie game with the exception of Baby Maker... i just had to see what that thing was.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Clonedzero

never. havent really bothered with it, havent seen anything that interesting.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pazy

There are some good games on the indie marketplace, well some..., but the always on requirment prevents me from getting any of them since I dont have good enough (and often enough) internet access.

wastelanderone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By wastelanderone

I haven't bought one in quite a while but I have a few, both awesome and awful.

Breath of Death VII, Cthulhu Saves the World, Epic Dungeon, various Radiangames, Sequence and Solar were all worth buying.

As for the stonkers, well, 8-bit Girlfriend is my biggest regret.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By iam3green

never, i don't buy too many games on consoles. i just look at it as we don't know what is going to happen next generation with everything that we bought from the market place.

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By optimalpower

I find Blocks that Matter, Bloody Checkers, Cursed Loot, ezmuse+, Motorheat, T.E.C 3001, Wizorb, Zombie Estate, and ZP2KX to all be pretty enjoyable.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RandomHero666