How to block access to particular games

BigBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi folks,

I need to block access to my games. My brother is only 7 years old and he is trying to play counter -strike for instance. We have got one computer and I just want to be sure that he is not gonna play it. The same with some websites for adults.

Do you know any solutions for this kind of problem ?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

You need to create a Steam account specifically for him, then you can manage the games and features that account has access to in Settings/Family. Do some reading on Steam Family Sharing, it's all built in to Steam at this point. While you're at it, create his own Windows user account for him with restricted privileges, this can be further enhanced with something like Windows Family Safety or using OpenDNS Family Shield - or both.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Turn on steam family sharing and you can select which games he will and won't have access to.

And fair play to you actively paying attention to what your kid brother is doing on the internet.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Password protection is really key. Keeping your passwords listed somewhere secure that he isn't going to find is a big deal. Or invent a password system of sorts.

In any case, good for you for looking out for the kid.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31