How to make me wince in one easy (dub)step.

• 60 results
Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I tend to stay away from dubstep unless it's remixing something I like, such as a TV Show etc. I prefer those

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By buzz_clik

@DJJoeJoe: Oh, man, don't even get me started on movie trailers/soundtracks! I was gobsmacked when the music from Requiem for a Dream was being used in promo material for the first Lord of the Rings movie. That said, I think my biggest problem there is that any time I hear that Kronos Quartet piece I think of a downward spiral into bleak, desperate despair; with LotR it was being used as a triumphant, rousing chorus. So I guess that's partly on me - Joe Punter probably doesn't even know it's from another movie.

With that, in the case of movies recycling music I can kinda understand it. Movie companies want to save money where they can, and if there's a piece of music in their catalogue that fits the bill royalty free then it makes sense to do it. I have less time for the soundalikes that came in the wake of Inception, though. Ugh.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By GreggD

@buzz_clik said:

with the possible exception of C&W.

What's C&W?

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By buzz_clik

@GreggD:

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By EnchantedEcho

@InsidiousTuna: That is really awesome!

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Scrawnto

@InsidiousTuna: That's actually how I found out about Porter Robinson. Nick tweeted about his brother's first album coming out. I'm probably one of a small minority that knew of Nick and followed him on Twitter before his brother.

I wonder if I'll still be listening to electro-house and dubstep when I'm an octogenarian, or if I'll just be listening to more mellow stuff like Holland or Glitch Mob.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Harkat

Did people not actually read the blog? Because there are a lot of non-dubstep tracks being posted here. Hint: If it's on UKFDrumAndBass it's Drum and Bass, not dubstep.

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Slab64

Whats the verdict on the new Shootmania trailer that's out now? Dubstep, or not?

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By buzz_clik
@Slab64: Nope, it's DnB with the odd lapse into drumstep.
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By fattony12000

What about Embers Breaks? It's the new thing, haven't you heard of Embers Breaks? It's Embers Breaks and it's Embers Breaks.