How to slog your way through a shitty game

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Whenever I read about a game that people get so frustrated they want to throw their controller against the wall, I take pause. Such a game is Prototype.  However, this time, rather than going into the game knowing that it will frustrate me, I've decided to err on the side of caution by heeding all of the advice given on the Internet that warn about this game.  One thing I'm doing is starting the game in EASY mode, that should keep controller throwing to a minimum.

Next, I want the achievements, all of them I can get. So rather than waiting to finish the game & going back to collect, I decided to peak at the achievements in advance.  With so many games coming out, who has time to play another game all the way through for achievements?  It's best to snarf as many as you can up front, especially the painful ones (snarf, snarf).   So I found a map off the interwebs & have been going through from the very beginning to get all of the Landmarks & Hints. I've just completed the Hints & have 10 Landmarks to get, they're all inaccessible by foot (but can be reached by other means. Thanks, Internet!).

So depending on how much time it takes to gather all the damned orbs & other in-game paraphernalia, I should be ready to play the game from start to finish. Play it one more time without killing civilians (already went > 10) & hopefully with this game already on easy I will not die once.  In fact, I probably plan on looking at some of these boss battles in advance to see what I need to watch out for.  I don't want to get screwed.  Don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting sick of hunting for easter eggs in games.  For one, you can't find them all on your own without combing an entire map, for the other going to the Internet & retracing your steps really wastes your fucking time. Why not just skip getting any of them, grab a map off the Internet & arduously follow the map & screenshots through the whole map instead?  This way you are certain you won't miss a single one.  Heaven forbid, you get all but 1 & can't track it down for the life of you.  So why bother?  Just achieve it right away & rid yourself of the burden.

I generally think I can still get a lot of enjoyment out of this game, thanks to these preventative maintenance steps.  I won't even look at playing the game on Hard mode until all other achievements are completed & then I might not even do it given any time constraints I might have. But at least I'm saving the worst for last & not putting myself through an Xbox controller tossing (breaking) fit.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Whenever I read about a game that people get so frustrated they want to throw their controller against the wall, I take pause. Such a game is Prototype.  However, this time, rather than going into the game knowing that it will frustrate me, I've decided to err on the side of caution by heeding all of the advice given on the Internet that warn about this game.  One thing I'm doing is starting the game in EASY mode, that should keep controller throwing to a minimum.

Next, I want the achievements, all of them I can get. So rather than waiting to finish the game & going back to collect, I decided to peak at the achievements in advance.  With so many games coming out, who has time to play another game all the way through for achievements?  It's best to snarf as many as you can up front, especially the painful ones (snarf, snarf).   So I found a map off the interwebs & have been going through from the very beginning to get all of the Landmarks & Hints. I've just completed the Hints & have 10 Landmarks to get, they're all inaccessible by foot (but can be reached by other means. Thanks, Internet!).

So depending on how much time it takes to gather all the damned orbs & other in-game paraphernalia, I should be ready to play the game from start to finish. Play it one more time without killing civilians (already went > 10) & hopefully with this game already on easy I will not die once.  In fact, I probably plan on looking at some of these boss battles in advance to see what I need to watch out for.  I don't want to get screwed.  Don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting sick of hunting for easter eggs in games.  For one, you can't find them all on your own without combing an entire map, for the other going to the Internet & retracing your steps really wastes your fucking time. Why not just skip getting any of them, grab a map off the Internet & arduously follow the map & screenshots through the whole map instead?  This way you are certain you won't miss a single one.  Heaven forbid, you get all but 1 & can't track it down for the life of you.  So why bother?  Just achieve it right away & rid yourself of the burden.

I generally think I can still get a lot of enjoyment out of this game, thanks to these preventative maintenance steps.  I won't even look at playing the game on Hard mode until all other achievements are completed & then I might not even do it given any time constraints I might have. But at least I'm saving the worst for last & not putting myself through an Xbox controller tossing (breaking) fit.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iam3green

here a tip when collecting, put in picture and picture to watch tv and play a video game. it's what i use to do when collecting things in GTA games. it helped a lot of time just roaming around the town looking at the guide and looking where to go.