How to watch livestreams on Android Tablet?

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

So now that GB has to use youtube live streaming over Twitch my Tablet that I bought specifically to watch in bed as all live shows are late here is a bit useless! The youtube livestream feature does not work on my google nexus. Which is especially hilarious when youtube is owned by google.. Does anyone know if I can get it working on my tablet?

Thanks all,

Matt

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I'll try to frig around with it tonight, but I think I've done it before.

If you haven't already, download the chrome browser, it behaves pretty much exactly the way the desktop browser does.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mattjam3000

I have the chrome browser that came installed on the device, as it is a google device im guessing thats the one you mean. But it is unable to play livestreams from giantbomb.com/chat

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

maybe try running chrome in desktop-mode, I think that's how I got it working, at least sometimes

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hans_maulwurf: I think i tried that, not sure, il have another go tonight

morello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By morello

Giantbomb currently use 3 different livestreaming solutions. One is Twitch, one is is essentially the Gamespot player, and the other is YouTube / Google Hangouts for the Scoops and the Wolf stuff. For Twitch streams there are a variety of apps that will allow you to watch, I currently prefer "Gameplay Alert Free". For the Gamespot player, which is what the premium content currently uses, because it is not HTML5 you would have to install Flash and a browser like Firefox or Dolphin, enable Flash support, and then try to watch. I had decent luck before installing Android 4.4 with this, but it has been more problematic since. You'll have to get the Flash for Android 4.4 apk file from the XDA Developers site and install it. I've not tried with the Youtube feature, but you should be able to watch live streams within the Youtube app if it isn't working on the site page - I'll have to check next time it is on. The app definitely does play live Youtube streams.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I have the chrome browser that came installed on the device, as it is a google device im guessing thats the one you mean. But it is unable to play livestreams from giantbomb.com/chat

Which tablet do you have? Some come with a thing just called "Browser" or something like that and some come with proper Chrome. If it is the former, you will have to get Chrome from the Play Store.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h: I have a google nexus 7 2012.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mattjam3000

Well I followed this step by step and it did not work. This should not be so complex... Seems like something that should be supported properly!

Well its half working.. cant go fullscreen or move the chat smaller so I guess I can watch in a tiny box!

EmperorMeow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same problem here on my google nexus 5. Chrome not working with the livestreams...damn was looking forward to some late night E3!

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Gaff
AquaMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody have success watching Tuesday streams on Android? Whenever they stream to Twitch I can't use the website and be in that chat without also having the twitch app open in PiP