#1 Edited by WasabiCurry (415 posts) -

Yesterday, my brother's GPU died due to his HORRIBLE Power Supply Unit. (PSU) It is a dell product so it was bound to happen.

We wanted to safely throw it away, instead, it is being used as a coaster for my drinks. Thus, it sparked a question.

How would you use a dead GPU?

#2 Edited by BillyTheKid (484 posts) -

Honestly would probably smash it up. Electronics are really fun to destroy if you have never done it.

#3 Posted by Stonyman65 (2406 posts) -

Dead PC parts makes good targets at the range.

#4 Posted by NeoCalypso (127 posts) -

To quote one Ryan Davis speaking on almost this very manner. "Throw that shit away!"

#5 Edited by Jrinswand (1692 posts) -

Be a responsible human being and drop it off at a place that recycles electronics.

#6 Edited by Mirado (948 posts) -

Take a bat to it.

Then recycle. :D

#7 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (1855 posts) -

Beat the fuck out of it until you bleed. Only then will you really know how to feel.

Recycle it.

#8 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (931 posts) -

Throw it in the river.

#9 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1213 posts) -

Cup holder

#10 Posted by Subjugation (4693 posts) -

Throw it in a fire and breathe in the fumes.

Don't actually do that.

#11 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (560 posts) -

Take a dump on it.

#12 Posted by crusader8463 (14321 posts) -

Wait till the garbage bag gets half full then hide it in there and cover it up. Then when garbage day rolls around you take it out and put it in the trash.

#13 Posted by Chtasm (432 posts) -

Keep it forever, like me.

Recycle it.

#14 Posted by Wheady (106 posts) -

throw a chain on it and wear it around ur neck!

#15 Edited by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

Shoot it.

#16 Edited by believer258 (11048 posts) -

I'm in the southeastern part of America, so naturally it sounds like good target practice.

#17 Posted by Kidavenger (3380 posts) -

Clean it up, put it back in original box, leave it in lobby of local apartment building. Whoever finds it probably won't understand what it is but will think it's worth picking up because of the fancy box; they take it to their apartment figure out more about it and think they hit the jackpot but they can't use it themselves so they now have a mission to do something with this treasure that will end with hilarious disappointment and them leaving it exactly where they found it so the cycle can continue....

#18 Posted by oraknabo (1426 posts) -

Recycle. there are poisonous metals in that shit. Be responsible and don't leave it lying around.

#19 Posted by Zekhariah (694 posts) -

Recycle.

Your municipality should have some form of electronics drop off.

#20 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Put it in the oven, I have a friend who did that with a dead GPU and somehow it started to work again

no really

fuck it, I don't wanna be responsible for anything, so forget it... or will you? ;)

#21 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1858 posts) -

Dissolve it in aqua regia to recover its gold!!

#22 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Put it on your wall. Unless it's ugly as fuck. Then just throw it away in an environmentally safe way.

Coaster is a pretty good use too.