#1 Edited by BigJeffrey (5075 posts) -

All on Sale i think it's North America only since Atlus USA tweeted it.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin $9.99 (PSP / VITA)

Persona 2 Eternal Punishment $4.99 (PS3, PSP)

Persona 3 FES $4.99 (PS3)

Persona 3 Portable $9.99 (PSP / VITA)

Persona 4 Golden $19.99 (PS Vita Only)

Persona 4 Arena $14.99 (PS3)

Persona 4 Arena Ultimate Edition (All DLC) $22.49 (PS3)

It's a huge Persona sale! Persona, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable...

— Atlus U.S.A., Inc. (@AtlusUSA) February 4, 2014

...Persona 4 Golden, Persona 4 Arena & DLC, & Persona 4 Arena Ultimate Edition (all the DLC are included) are ALL currently on sale on PSN!

— Atlus U.S.A., Inc. (@AtlusUSA) February 4, 2014

#2 Edited by believer258 (11987 posts) -

I hope this is leading up to confirming a Western release for Persona 5.

#3 Edited by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6306 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: I added PSN to the thread title to avoid confusion and am moving it to the Persona thread. Please try to keep topics in a relevant area when creating new threads. EDIT - Whoops. Appears that attaching threads to pages is broken at the moment. My mistake, sorry.

But wow, those are some killer deals. Gonna jump on that.

#4 Posted by Fitzgerald (288 posts) -

Just to be clear: P4Golden will only work on a Vita, right? I have a slim PS3 and a Persona 4 itch to scratch...

#5 Posted by wemibelec90 (1742 posts) -

I would be way more excited about this if I didn't already own all these games. :(

@believer258 said:

I don't know if I'd read into this too much. They have these sales like twice a year.

Just to be clear: P4Golden will only work on a Vita, right? I have a slim PS3 and a Persona 4 itch to scratch...

Yes, it requires a Vita. Or maybe a VitaTV, but those don't work here yet.

#6 Edited by huser (1087 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: I'm a bit slow here, will these games only work on the console they were released on, or could I play Persona 4 Golden on say a PS3?

#7 Edited by Demoskinos (15011 posts) -

@huser: Correct only the platform they were released on.

#8 Posted by Happenstance (462 posts) -

Be nice if this comes to the EU PSN Store as well. Feels like we barely ever get the Persona games on sale and I keep wanting to buy 2 at some point.

#9 Posted by phantomzxro (1578 posts) -

Yeah just vita unless you have some vita tv magic under your belt.

Come on you know it will come over here. It only comes down to how long we have to wait for it.

#10 Posted by phantomzxro (1578 posts) -

I already have which ever persona 2 came on psp but it would be nice to just buy both digital to play on the vita.

#11 Posted by NovaDTH (166 posts) -

I've never played any of the Persona games, I don't have a Vita so obviously can't pick up 4G, are any of these a must buy at these prices?

#12 Posted by RazielCuts (2975 posts) -

Did you guys get the recent Final Fantasy sale on PSN as well? That's what we've got going on at the moment (EU). I wonder if we'll get the Persona sale too, I missed out on getting P4 Golden on sale at Crimbo.

#13 Posted by VoshiNova (1697 posts) -

Anyone know how long the sale will last?

#14 Edited by phantomzxro (1578 posts) -

@novadth said:

I've never played any of the Persona games, I don't have a Vita so obviously can't pick up 4G, are any of these a must buy at these prices?

Hard to say if you have not played any of them and don't have a vita. I say try persona 3 fes on ps3 being so cheap its a steal. Persona 3 portable only if you are still heavily rocking a psp . If you like persona 3 fes then you can look into getting the others. The older persona games are very old school, so if you don't have the patience for that you may not enjoy them.

#15 Posted by BigJeffrey (5075 posts) -
#16 Posted by mlarrabee (2992 posts) -
#17 Posted by NovaDTH (166 posts) -

Thanks duders, I'll give P3 a shot. I know the style of game from the ER so I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it.

#18 Posted by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -

Did you guys get the recent Final Fantasy sale on PSN as well? That's what we've got going on at the moment (EU). I wonder if we'll get the Persona sale too, I missed out on getting P4 Golden on sale at Crimbo.

Sony have dropped hints that P4G would be coming to EU PS+ in the near future, so it may be worth holding on for a while in any case.

Moderator Online
#19 Posted by mosespippy (4285 posts) -

Damn. I've bought some of the P4A DLC in the past but haven't played since I bought it and now I don't know which I have.

@novadth said:

If you have a tolerance for the problems of old Japanese games then I'd say P2:IS on PSP is. If you can't play old games because they are grindy and don't checkpoint and everything takes so long to do because of slow animations and menus then maybe don't get it.

Persona 3 is alright though.

@wemibelec90 The last time they did a sale was the same week that their parent company filed for bankruptcy. Seems to me like it was just a way to acquire some liquid assets to stay afloat. I wouldn't expect these to be an annual or regular sale.

#20 Posted by Nightriff (5148 posts) -

Recommend Persona 2 Innocent Sin, while dated it is still charming and a lot of fun (on easy at least). I suggest avoiding Revelations Persona, was charming still but seemed practically un-penetrable the hour plus I played

#21 Posted by SunBroZak (1200 posts) -

If Persona 4 Arena is any indication, us EU guys will get this sale sometime next year.

#22 Edited by BigJeffrey (5075 posts) -

@bigjeffrey said:

@novadth: FES for $5 is a steal

Is that the one played for ER?

They played Persona 4

Anyone know how long the sale will last?

usually it's a week long sale.

#23 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3882 posts) -

@novadth said:

Thanks duders, I'll give P3 a shot. I know the style of game from the ER so I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it.

You should if you liked that. I did the exact same thing (watched the P4 ER) and then loved Persona 3. Was fun going through it myself.

#24 Posted by Frobitz (197 posts) -

Damn, I bought Persona 3, 4 and Arena from the UK store about 2 weeks ago - it'd be typical of my luck if they did bring this sale over here -_-

Mind you, it'd be really nice if Catherine didn't cost £49.99. That is a crazy price.

#25 Posted by Ben_H (3381 posts) -

Persona 3 FES for 5 bucks is deal of the century. I would have paid $100 for it. Loved that game.

#26 Posted by Bribo (605 posts) -

Persona 3 FES isn't on the EU store, which is a bummer.

#27 Edited by Frobitz (197 posts) -

@bribo: Yeah, the EU store is a Terrible Farce.

#28 Posted by mattscout007 (90 posts) -

Argh! I just bought P3P last week on my Vita too. I knew I should have waited a bit. Ah well. Anyone know the difference between the two P2s? Are they just different versions of the same game?

#29 Posted by crithon (3322 posts) -

WHOA DOGGIE!!!

#30 Edited by BigJeffrey (5075 posts) -

@mattscout007 said:

Argh! I just bought P3P last week on my Vita too. I knew I should have waited a bit. Ah well. Anyone know the difference between the two P2s? Are they just different versions of the same game?

Yeah i did the same thing last year, I bought P3P for $20 then the next week it was $10. anywho there are 2 Different games P2: IS is the first part and P2:ET is the 2nd part.

#31 Edited by RecSpec (3851 posts) -

They do this every month now it seems.

#32 Edited by neoepoch (1295 posts) -

No P1? Oh well. I strongly recommend that people play the P2 duology. Even though the gameplay is dated, I feel that the story and characters in it are the strongest in the series. It is a bittersweet and touching tale to be told.

#33 Edited by JamesJeux007 (479 posts) -

P3P is the "shoot outside of the screen". I played P3 FES and loved it. And I think P3P is a perfect mix of what makes P3 and P4 awesome. GET IT IF YOU HAVE A PSP !

#34 Edited by Royce_McCutcheon (212 posts) -

@frobitz said:

@bribo: Yeah, the EU store is a Terrible Farce.

It's pretty funny. Half of the 'classic' PSOne and PS2 games on offer are either Disney movie tie-in games or freaking bass fishing games.

I get particular enjoyment out of the availability of Syphon Filter 1, Syphon Filter 3, but not Syphon Filter 2. Which , naturally, happens to be my favourite one.

#35 Posted by mattscout007 (90 posts) -

@mattscout007 said:

Yeah i did the same thing last year, I bought P3P for $20 then the next week it was $10. anywho there are 2 Different games P2: IS is the first part and P2:ET is the 2nd part.

Hah, glad I'm not the only one. Might pick them up, though two entire Persona RPGs sounds exactly like something I don't have time for, on top of NG+ P4G and P3P.

#36 Posted by 71Ranchero (2782 posts) -

Took me this long but P4A get. As soon as i hit the menu screen with them standing in the shopping district my face cracked from the huge smile.

If you dont have P3FES and are even mildly curious, pick it up. People spend more on random crap on steam that the never even install.

#37 Posted by Random45 (1233 posts) -

I'm a bit late, but for those of you who want to pick up Persona 3, just be aware that there's a texture glitch where in some areas there's a LOT of flickering. It ESPECIALLY applies to the final floors of tartarus, where I got a freaking headache looking at the damn screen flickering so badly. I don't think they're ever gonna fix it, so just be careful and look away from the TV occasionally, haha.

#38 Edited by ChrisHarris (280 posts) -

To be honest, assuming one has a decent PC, I would recommend buying a physical copy of Persona 3 or 4 but then running it on a PS2 emulator. The muddy PS2 graphics become crisp.

Note: If you use PCSX2, disable MSAA (seems to cause some graphical issues). Instead, crank the internal resolution up to double the window size.

#39 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@believer258: Probably not, they used to do huge Atlus sales all the time.

#40 Posted by Fattony12000 (7518 posts) -

Please come to the EU. Please come to the EU. Please come to the EU.

#41 Edited by TN04 (22 posts) -

This makes me want to buy a vita now.

#42 Edited by Fattony12000 (7518 posts) -

Hey, so us Europes did end up getting a pretty good sale...just not for any Persona stuff! I have underlined some games that you should probably definitely buy.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/05/february-playstation-store-sale-kicks-off-today-save-on-gt6-knack-tearaway-more/

Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members except where noted with a *.

PlayStation 4

• Tiny Brains - Was £16.99/€19.99, now £8.49/€9.99
  • Knack - Was £52.99/€59.99, now £35.59/€40.19 (Running from 19th February to 26th February)

PlayStation 3

PS Vita/PSP

#43 Posted by huser (1087 posts) -

@huser: Correct only the platform they were released on.

Thanks a lot!

#44 Edited by Karmosin (218 posts) -

Wish we had persona 2: EP here in EU... I really want to have the full persona-collection on my Vita, but nooo... We only get IS and not even the original version of it's sequel. Goddammit.

#45 Posted by amani (49 posts) -

I just bought Golden after seeing this. And I'm mildly interested in P2's story. And I'm getting Bravely Default tomorrow.

This isn't gonna end well for my social life is it?

#46 Posted by BigJeffrey (5075 posts) -

@amani said:

I just bought Golden after seeing this. And I'm mildly interested in P2's story. And I'm getting Bravely Default tomorrow.

This isn't gonna end well for my social life is it?

real life sucks anyways

#47 Posted by bluefish (500 posts) -

Hrmm, that persona sale isn't huge enough. I'm not typically in RPGS with THAT much dialogue and $10 is the maximum for my impulse purchases.

So I'll see you next sale P4 Golden...