• 61 results
#1 Edited by prontopup20 (33 posts) -

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Name=Red%20dead%20redemption&vendor=Rockstar%20Games&Locale=1033%2C2057%2C3081%2C4105%2C16393&BreadCrumbPath=Red%20Dead%20Redemption&LastSearchTerm=Red%2BDead%2BRedemption&Type=Software&tempOsid=Windows%208.1

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Gnubberen (785 posts) -

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Those are my thoughts.

#3 Posted by Cybertification (206 posts) -

Probably nothing.

#4 Edited by TruthTellah (9489 posts) -

Half Life 3?

#5 Posted by dudeglove (8319 posts) -
#6 Posted by Torabi (63 posts) -

Played RDR a lot on my PS3. Would be great to experience it all again with a higher framerate and resolution. Feels like it has to be a really weird mistake if they were to create an entire page by accident for a game that isn't going to be on PC. But Microsoft has done stranger things.

#7 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (6012 posts) -
?

#8 Edited by SingingMenstrual (327 posts) -

Dude..... dude pls. Stahp. Just imagining playing Red Dead Redemption maxed out on my PC, aiming the lasso at people with my mouse, headshotting bandits with my MOUSE, jumping onto horses with my SPACE BAR, oh my fucking goddddddddddddddddddd. Stahp dude, pls.

Dem graphics and dose loading times too, holy fuck.

I realize I'm speaking like an imbecile, but this is quite literally the only thing in gaming today that could make me squeal. RDR on PC.

@torabi said:

Feels like it has to be a really weird mistake if they were to create an entire page by accident for a game that isn't going to be on PC.

But Microsoft has done stranger things.

#9 Posted by leejunfan83 (1005 posts) -

VISEO GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

Only a generation late, too.

#11 Posted by aurahack (2291 posts) -

Nothing says "legit" like a non-intercapped title.

#12 Edited by Village_Guy (2667 posts) -

Could be a potential re-release on PC and Xbox One / Playstation 4? Or it could be an error...

#13 Posted by animathias (1194 posts) -

Huh, that's interesting. I mean, since this game never even saw a PC announcement, why would it be showing up on a page like this? I've no idea, nor interest in the matter - so speculation abound!

Just fair warning to everyone - looks like we should bunker down for some serious Red Dead Redemption talk again. Even if this doesn't indicate some sort of re-release, then it's definitely time for folks to start talking about a sequel.

#14 Edited by Karkarov (3293 posts) -

My thoughts? It looks like a community voting thing on the right and lots of idiots voted it was so microsoft said "well it must be compatible then!" because it is decided by some algorithm not by a person. In other words the page means jack all.

#15 Posted by RecSpec (3950 posts) -

Maybe we'll finally get that review now.

#16 Edited by HammondofTexas (923 posts) -

I would pay $100 for RDR on PC, even if it required me to upgrade to Windows 8

#17 Posted by CitizenCoffeeCake (656 posts) -

No action is required.

#18 Edited by SingingMenstrual (327 posts) -

I would pay $100 for RDR on PC, even if it required me to upgrade to Windows 8

Yes to first part, no to second.

But if the first part happened I'd probably do the second just to play it... then go back to win7.

#19 Edited by AndrewB (7691 posts) -
#20 Posted by Rowr (5824 posts) -

GTA 5 2020 confirmed.

#21 Edited by aurahack (2291 posts) -
#22 Posted by AlecOfTheWest (290 posts) -

Its not coming to pc guys. Get over it.

#23 Posted by Hone_McBone (184 posts) -

Its not coming to pc guys. Get over it.

Shhh you, let us have our pathetic hope.

#24 Edited by Dan_CiTi (3529 posts) -

PC port would be the greatest thing ever. Especially if it was a solid, proper version that the community could keep alive indefinitely. FUCK.

Anyway I don't want to get my hopes up, this seems like a glitch in the system before it would be some slip-up.

#25 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2349 posts) -

Last Guardian release date confirmed

#26 Posted by thatdutchguy (1283 posts) -

Eh, RDR wasn't that great, sold my 360 version some time ago.

#27 Posted by anywhereilay (175 posts) -

As others have said, this is on a community vote system, it means nothing.

#28 Posted by GreggD (4515 posts) -

Did you finish the story?

#29 Posted by Jesus_Phish (1152 posts) -

@anywhereilay: The community vote is meaningless yes but this part is interesting as to how it got there

From the page on how to get apps/programs listed:

For your submission to qualify, you must:

Be a representative of the software publisher or device manufacturer

Know the current compatibility status with Windows 8, Windows RT and/or Windows 7 for the product you are submitting.

Provide complete information we can verify (please use your corporate email address in the registration step).

#30 Posted by CornBREDX (6084 posts) -

My main thought is that it's strange you don't know how to make a link

If I told you my other thoughts you'd get all mad and I'd look mean so I won't tell you.

#31 Edited by joshwent (2353 posts) -

From the page on how to get apps/programs listed:

For your submission to qualify, you must:

Be a representative of the software publisher or device manufacturer

Know the current compatibility status with Windows 8, Windows RT and/or Windows 7 for the product you are submitting.

Provide complete information we can verify (please use your corporate email address in the registration step).

As much as I want this to be true (since I never got to play RDR in the first place!), all that says to me is some troll spent a whole lotta time making this happen.

#32 Posted by SingingMenstrual (327 posts) -

@greggd said:
@thatdutchguy said:

You guys are making me wanna play RDR on PS3 again, but I swore two years ago that I'm not gonna try anymore. The first go was flawless and unforgettable, but the age of the console and the ***** controller shooting ruins the entire thing for me now.

I just want to shoot hats off with a mouse, screw you Rockstar :tear:

Sigh... *connects PS3* Here's to another 2-hour attempt that ends up in frustration and many curse words.

#33 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

Half Life 3, RDR, and GTA V are going to be sold in a PC only bundle for $59.99. It's going to be called the Keep on Dreaming Bundling and is scheduled to release the day after never.

#34 Posted by prontopup20 (33 posts) -

@cornbredx: I do know how to make a link, I just didn't give a shit.

#35 Posted by bemusedchunk (734 posts) -

CONFIRMED: RDR is coming for Windows Courier

#36 Posted by TheHT (11840 posts) -

Half Life 3?

Oh man, good thing I wasn't drinking anything just now.

#37 Posted by anywhereilay (175 posts) -

@jesus_phish: I really do wish this was true. I just can't help but think the circumstances are too vague, just too long a shot to be considered anything other than another thin, groundless rumor. I'd love to be proved wrong though, another spin through this game on PC would be great.

#38 Posted by Superfriend (1587 posts) -

Hah, yeah!

It will be released as a bundle with GTA 5 and on top of those two fantastic games, you get a free donkey thing for Dota 2. I might even look like Gabe Newell if you squint real hard.

You know what I want? A proper RDR sequel. That one could run on my neighbors ass- and I still would want to play it.

#39 Posted by ripelivejam (4926 posts) -

Duke Nukem Forever gone gold

#40 Posted by spyder335 (374 posts) -

love if they re did the warriors for pc, loved that game

#41 Edited by spyder335 (374 posts) -

how much would you be willing to pay fr a rdr release on pc?

full price?

#42 Posted by Jesus_Phish (1152 posts) -

@spyder335: $20-30 depending on the quality of the port/how much work they've put in. I don't care that much if they HD it, RDR is a great looking game anyway. I just want to play it again.

#43 Edited by thatdutchguy (1283 posts) -

@greggd said:
@thatdutchguy said:

Nope, I've heard some good things about the ending though, but i was too bored to finish it.

#44 Posted by ripelivejam (4926 posts) -

full price?

$5 on steam sale, MAX

#45 Posted by Xanadu (430 posts) -

The Video Game Illuminati is at it again.

#46 Posted by Corevi (5155 posts) -

I really hope this is real, RDR is my favourite Rockstar game.

#47 Edited by Hone_McBone (184 posts) -

full price?

$20-$30 Seems reasonable for a game that is years old but seems to be on a lot of best of lists.

#48 Posted by AlecOfTheWest (290 posts) -

@superfriend: GTA V is most definitely getting a pc release as soon as console sales dry up.

#49 Posted by crithon (3458 posts) -

hmmmmm Rockstar games did have a loyal support to GFW until LA Noir..... so could be like an old connection from PR people accidently leaking this..... still, this is the game everyone wanted.

#50 Posted by HatKing (6129 posts) -

@superfriend: GTA V is most definitely getting a pc release as soon as console sales dry up.

Hi, Dan Houser. Can I have GTA VI?