• 152 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#51 Edited by MildMolasses (3211 posts) -

Not really interested in any of those games, even if I am interested in helping THQ. However, I did already buy a uDraw tablet and a related Marvel game, so I feel like I've already done my share

@MattyFTM: Would the Humble people not be more interested in drumming up money for charity? Is that not the real purpose of these packages? It seems mutually beneficial. THQ potentially gets some money from this, and the Humble people get the benefit of using known brands to attract attention to their project

#52 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

I don't own any of those games so this is just goddamn perfect.

#53 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Just bought it for my brother.

#54 Posted by GloomyTangent (191 posts) -

@MattyFTM: I really don't think this is a publicity stunt. Getting Robert Downey Jr. for an ad is a publicity stunt. This is them desperately trying to get money, and being willing to try out new business models because of it. I think the charity angle is probably something they had to agree to to use the Humble Bundle guys' infrastructure and name. It's really the only way for them to go with this business model without being seen as sleazy like EA did with their 'indie bundle.'

Also, regardless of the reason, people have to option to kick the money entirely to charity. So saying that they've betrayed their principles is kind of bullshit.

#55 Posted by BeachThunder (11642 posts) -

Do I need to play Red Faction: Guerrilla before Armageddon?

#56 Posted by weavminas (83 posts) -

I do like collecting game soundtracks. I looked up THQ revenue vs the Red Cross revenue. 665 million vs 3.5 billion. Poor THQ.

#57 Edited by commonoutlier (136 posts) -

Humble Bundle seems to have been getting worse about setting out the notifications for new bundles, I keep finding out about them from elsewhere before I receive the e-mail...it's odd that the Humble Bundle isn't indie this time around, but as everyone else as said I can't complain about paying $1 for these games. I do hope, though, in general they tend to stay indie, because for me the Humble Bundle is a good way to get indie games I wouldn't normally think to get otherwise.

#58 Posted by phrosen (143 posts) -

@BeachThunder: You'd be better off playing Guerilla and not touch Armageddon at all. But if you must, I don't think they are related story-wise.

Online
#59 Edited by Eaxis (898 posts) -

Oh wow, this is an amazing deal.

#60 Edited by GalacticGravy (540 posts) -

I'd like to say that the discussion over at NeoGAF is appalling. I'm really happy about this thread here, and that nobody is being a dick. This makes me happy.

I threw them some cash, mainly for the soundtracks, and partially for Red Faction Armageddon.

#61 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

Great deal.

#62 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@GalacticGravy said:

I'd like to say that the discussion over at NeoGAF is appalling. I'm really happy about this thread here, and that nobody is being a dick. This makes me happy.

I threw them some cash, mainly for the soundtracks, and partially for Red Faction Armageddon.

Big surprise there :P
#63 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

I already helped out THQ by buying all of those games at full price.

Where the fuck are my fabulous sound tracks?

edit: except Armageddon, because HAHAHA

#64 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1915 posts) -

@GalacticGravy: I'm not gonna lie, after playing Dead Island Sleeping Dogs and trying Just Cause 2, open worlds are dying in my heart right now. I'm almost more interested in playing Armageddon than Saints Row because I know it's a linear corridor crawl.

#65 Edited by Ben_H (3294 posts) -

Worth paying more than average for Saint's Row the Third alone. I already own like half those games but for 10 bucks it was worth it just to get the last COH expansion and Red Faction. I may give Darksiders a go too at some point. I'll see if one of my buddies wants my Saints Row 3 key and if not I'll give it away on here.

#66 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11419 posts) -

I paid over the average and split it 50/50 between charity and THQ. Then again, THQ is pretty much a charity anyways. I already own Saints' Row, but the rest were too good to pass up.

Online
#67 Posted by familyphotoshoot (652 posts) -

@Bocam: I did.

#68 Posted by RecSpec (3753 posts) -

That there is any backlash at all is just mindboggling.  
 
This was the first HB where I kept looking at the page looking for the catch. A minimum amount or something. These deals get crazier and crazier.

#69 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

@GloomyTangent said:

@MattyFTM: I really don't think this is a publicity stunt. Getting Robert Downey Jr. for an ad is a publicity stunt. This is them desperately trying to get money, and being willing to try out new business models because of it. I think the charity angle is probably something they had to agree to to use the Humble Bundle guys' infrastructure and name. It's really the only way for them to go with this business model without being seen as sleazy like EA did with their 'indie bundle.'

Also, regardless of the reason, people have to option to kick the money entirely to charity. So saying that they've betrayed their principles is kind of bullshit.

Maybe a "publicity stunt" is a bit extreme, but they're certainly hoping to drum up both funds and publicity via this. And I'm not trying to say they've betrayed their principles, they're just doing something very different. Something I wouldn't have expected them to do. It's weird. It's certainly not some terrible heinous thing, it's just odd and somewhat out of character.

Moderator
#70 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:

@GloomyTangent said:

@MattyFTM: I really don't think this is a publicity stunt. Getting Robert Downey Jr. for an ad is a publicity stunt. This is them desperately trying to get money, and being willing to try out new business models because of it. I think the charity angle is probably something they had to agree to to use the Humble Bundle guys' infrastructure and name. It's really the only way for them to go with this business model without being seen as sleazy like EA did with their 'indie bundle.'

Also, regardless of the reason, people have to option to kick the money entirely to charity. So saying that they've betrayed their principles is kind of bullshit.

Maybe a "publicity stunt" is a bit extreme, but they're certainly hoping to drum up both funds and publicity via this. And I'm not trying to say they've betrayed their principles, they're just doing something very different. Something I wouldn't have expected them to do. It's weird. It's certainly not some terrible heinous thing, it's just odd and somewhat out of character.

Being helpful doesn't seem out of character for the Humble guys. 
At least not to me
#71 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Do I need to play Red Faction: Guerrilla before Armageddon?

Just skip Armageddon.

#72 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

@MattyFTM said:

@GloomyTangent said:

@MattyFTM: I really don't think this is a publicity stunt. Getting Robert Downey Jr. for an ad is a publicity stunt. This is them desperately trying to get money, and being willing to try out new business models because of it. I think the charity angle is probably something they had to agree to to use the Humble Bundle guys' infrastructure and name. It's really the only way for them to go with this business model without being seen as sleazy like EA did with their 'indie bundle.'

Also, regardless of the reason, people have to option to kick the money entirely to charity. So saying that they've betrayed their principles is kind of bullshit.

Maybe a "publicity stunt" is a bit extreme, but they're certainly hoping to drum up both funds and publicity via this. And I'm not trying to say they've betrayed their principles, they're just doing something very different. Something I wouldn't have expected them to do. It's weird. It's certainly not some terrible heinous thing, it's just odd and somewhat out of character.

Being helpful doesn't seem out of character for the Humble guys. At least not to me

Being helpful to corporate shareholders does to me.

Moderator
#73 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -
#74 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@MattyFTM said:

@GloomyTangent said:

@MattyFTM: I really don't think this is a publicity stunt. Getting Robert Downey Jr. for an ad is a publicity stunt. This is them desperately trying to get money, and being willing to try out new business models because of it. I think the charity angle is probably something they had to agree to to use the Humble Bundle guys' infrastructure and name. It's really the only way for them to go with this business model without being seen as sleazy like EA did with their 'indie bundle.'

Also, regardless of the reason, people have to option to kick the money entirely to charity. So saying that they've betrayed their principles is kind of bullshit.

Maybe a "publicity stunt" is a bit extreme, but they're certainly hoping to drum up both funds and publicity via this. And I'm not trying to say they've betrayed their principles, they're just doing something very different. Something I wouldn't have expected them to do. It's weird. It's certainly not some terrible heinous thing, it's just odd and somewhat out of character.

Being helpful doesn't seem out of character for the Humble guys. At least not to me

Being helpful to corporate shareholders does to me.

That's kinda sad, in my lala-land helping others is just known as helping others. 
Not "helping corporate shareholders"  
 
But carry on! 
#75 Posted by MikkaQ (10263 posts) -

I buy a lot of THQ games, this thing reminds me. So I've done my part.

#76 Edited by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

I gave all of my $10 to charity, because THQ is doomed anyway, and it's for the kids.

Plus, I already own all of these games from when I bought most of them new, so THQ got their monies.

#77 Posted by Salarn (463 posts) -
#78 Posted by GloomyTangent (191 posts) -

@MattyFTM: I get where you're coming from, but THQ's basically a penny stock at this point. You can buy like 5 shares for the price of a hamburger. They have bigger problems, and this isn't going to really help their stock much. Them saying they've lined up a creditor will. This is operational, not strategic. They don't care about the stock price anymore (their investors call basically confirmed that), they just want to tread water until they can push out their next crop of games. That's where this comes in. Anyone with money in THQ at this point is taking a huge gamble, and they know it. The benefits for the people working at THQ far outweigh the people with money in the almost worthless stock.

#79 Posted by deano546 (182 posts) -

I don't understand the backlash to this, mainly from indie devs and now there is an article on Penny Arcade too, I honestly don't see any cons to this, even on the top of the web page it says HiB 7 will be out soon, so its not like they're going to stop doing those.

A big publisher going out of business is a fairly rare thing (And unfortunate), the fact that they are resorting to this is strange, but its not like there will be a Humble EA Bundle in a few months.

#80 Edited by onarum (1990 posts) -

that's insane, I mean really... wtf?

Also I love that the top contributor right now is "HOTLINE F'ING MIAMI"

#81 Posted by JoeyRavn (4946 posts) -

Mind = blown. Too bad I have the three games I care the most about (SR3, Metro 2033 and Darksiders). But if someone doesn't have those games, this is a deal too awesome to pass.

#82 Posted by isomeri (1217 posts) -

I think that THQ IS the charity here. Paid a few bucks.

#83 Posted by That1BlackGuy (217 posts) -

That's a really humble move on their part, good selection of games especially if you've never owned them and wanted to jump in.

#84 Posted by Labman (287 posts) -

Oh hell yes! I snatched this up as quick as I could.

#85 Posted by BaneFireLord (2907 posts) -

Got some games I haven't played, took care of my annual holiday Child's Play donation and got some Christmas gifts for friends. Everybody wins!

#86 Posted by cclemon36 (180 posts) -

Really good bundle again. Considering how THQ are struggling at the moment, I actually felt bad for a second for only splitting the money 40-40 between the charity and THQ. The hell?

#87 Posted by commonoutlier (136 posts) -

@Salarn said:

@commonoutlier: There is also http://www.indieroyale.com/ and http://groupees.com/archive and lots of other sources for indie games.

I've bought bundles occasionally from Indie Royale before, but I hadn't heard of the other site. I'll definitely check it out, thanks!

#88 Posted by kidman (465 posts) -

Paid like 6 bucks. All towards developers, as always.

#89 Posted by MACog (51 posts) -

Just picked this up but makes me wounder about THQ staying in business.

#90 Posted by Flacracker (1574 posts) -

DO NOT GIVE ANY MONEY TO THE AMERICAN RED CROSS. DO NOT GIVE ANY MONEY TO THE AMERICAN RED CROSS. They are a terrible charity. Look at their 990's.

#91 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -
@Flacracker said:

DO NOT GIVE ANY MONEY TO THE AMERICAN RED CROSS. DO NOT GIVE ANY MONEY TO THE AMERICAN RED CROSS. They are a terrible charity. Look at their 990's.

Listen to this man.
#92 Posted by Jrinswand (1695 posts) -

I feel really bad for THQ so I gave every penny of my dollar to them.

#93 Edited by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

Already played SR3 on the PS3 and have Darksiders and Metro on Steam too, so I'll just give a buck(all for THQ).

#94 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@MattyFTM said:

It's an awesome deal. Really weird for a company like THQ to be participating in a Humble Bundle, but I'm not going to say no to cheap games.

considering their financial situation, is it REALLY?

nah man we are all so surprised at THQ's generosity.

#95 Posted by DuskVamp (681 posts) -

I already have Saints Row, but I'll pay over the average to get it on my PC too. These humble bundles are seriously adding to my back log! Too many games, not enough time!

#96 Edited by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1798 posts) -

I feel like it goes against the Humble Bundle to not include DRM-free copies, but I understand why they're doing it. Saint's Row 3 is absolutely worth $6.00.

#bought

#97 Posted by Skyrider (326 posts) -

I always said that I'd buy Darksiders if I could get it for $2, so I was very pleased that I could get it for $1. Yes, I felt kind of awful for only paying $1, but such is life.

#98 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1798 posts) -

@Skyrider: Darksiders is worth at least $20.

#99 Edited by ShaggE (6294 posts) -

Jumped on this as soon as I heard. I don't have ANY of these games (other than SR3). Grabbed a second key as a gift, too. Great bundle indeed.

Edit: At first I thought it was Darksiders 2 in the bundle, which really made me feel bad for THQ. I was actually relieved to see it was the first game. I still feel bad for them, though.

#100 Posted by RazielCuts (2909 posts) -

@GentlemanlyGentleman said:

Damn. I must say, I feel kind of sad at the possibility that THQ needed to do this to get some money.

I won't say no of course, but still.

Damn.

Pretty much how I feel about the whole situation, it feels weird. I always associate the humble bundle with indie games that have kind of, you know, had their prime and need to get another shot in the arm while giving some money to charity. To me this is like if Ubisoft or another dev of old did this. Especially after Double Fine doing the 'hey, Amnesia Fortnight folks, whatevs' Who would of thought Double Fine of after the Brutal Legend aftermath would be better off than THQ?