I actually did well in CS:S. The end of the world is coming !

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By turbomonkey138

Well folks every once in a while i manage to get kills in counter strike

No Caption Provided

I can't believe it . I know this does not seem very good , but if you had seen my preivous games you would be as happy as i am now .

Now this brings me round to my point . Do you reckon some games have been played for so long that the learning curve for new players is just too high ? . I mean games like street fighter e.t.c
Iv'e been playing CS:S for a while now (like a year) and i'm still awfull .

(BTW I'm Tgg Handicap)

Also another note : This below is what a Turbomokney really is :)

No Caption Provided

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By turbomonkey138

Well folks every once in a while i manage to get kills in counter strike

No Caption Provided

I can't believe it . I know this does not seem very good , but if you had seen my preivous games you would be as happy as i am now .

Now this brings me round to my point . Do you reckon some games have been played for so long that the learning curve for new players is just too high ? . I mean games like street fighter e.t.c
Iv'e been playing CS:S for a while now (like a year) and i'm still awfull .

(BTW I'm Tgg Handicap)

Also another note : This below is what a Turbomokney really is :)

No Caption Provided

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By subject2change

lol NO Awp pubs...bet they give you 16000 starting money too...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

If you were playing an an anti-awp whoring server, then no wonder you're doing good. AWPs are very freaking annoying and make the game look very imbalanced.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By turbomonkey138

Tru3_Blu3 said:
If you were playing an an anti-awp whoring server, then no wonder you're doing good. AWPs are very freaking annoying ... [more]

Subject2Change said:
lol NO Awp pubs...bet they give you 16000 starting money too... [more]
Can you answer the question i asked dude. I know i suck

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Absurd

That score in a pub is easy :)  although I have been playing CSS for awhile now.

CSS is one of those guys in which the learning curve is high, there is such a broad skill level there.  Some of the players have been playing since the first CS beta, and others since Source came out. Also, If you've ever seen CEVO-P teams play, you'll know what I mean (or played against them).

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By subject2change

If you have general high level of FPS experience, the learning curve won't be as harsh however it all depends what you want to get out of it. Also pubs aren't a way to judge skill, give a chance at some online competition. You may want to give Esportsea.com a shot; they have a mod designed around pugs as well as a league.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Absurd
Subject2Change said:
If you have general high level of FPS experience, the learning curve won't be as harsh however it all depends ... [more]
ESEA is just a bunch of baiting, although you do get to play with people who have played Cevo-M, Cevo-P. I rather not pay for a pug system, and thats why there is #sourceringer.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By subject2change

meh; id rather play with high level calibur people in pugs, it only makes you better compared to getting in terrible pugs. Been playing Source since release and played CAL-Invite for it, been in the CS scene since 1.3 and league play since Season 7 of CAL for 1.6

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Absurd
Subject2Change said:
meh; id rather play with high level calibur people in pugs, it only makes you better compared to getting in ... [more]

Not trying to hijack this thread but are you going BOE since it's the only free alternative to CAL right now?
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By turbomonkey138

So your Pro ok .... good for you . Now back to my question ...

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Absurd
turbomonkey138 said:
So your Pro ok .... good for you . Now back to my question ...

I answered it jerk, some games have such a high learning curve that new players will either get turned away from the game or they will love the competition. CS is a great example of a game with an old community with such a varied skill level, It's like no matter how much you improve, someone will always be better.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By turbomonkey138
Absurd said:
turbomonkey138 said: So your Pro ok .... good for you . Now back to my question ... I answered it ... [more]
Woa !  No need to get angsty .  And yes i know its easy. Why does everyone feel the need to put down my personal achievement ? i said i suck at counter strike source !
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By subject2change

Haven't played competitively in a few seasons and that was after a 3 year hiatus of competitive play. No time and no desire really, the game changed too much while I was gone from the competitive side due to thecgs and it no longer really intrigues me much.

I know I gave you an answer as well but ill ellaborate; some where out there no matter how much time you put into there will be someone better than you. What you want from the game is what determines if you should continuing to invest time into it. Get comfortable with the main array of guns; M4, AK, Awp, Deagle, USP and Glock and you'll be somewhere in the spectrum of various levels of players. Shy away from custom maps and dust2 24/7 servers, find a pub you can regularly visit that plays various de_maps, has better players than you, makes you earn your guns (no 16k bullshit) and where you can feel you can learn something from it despite it being just a pub; main thing would be various spots you didn't know about would be the main thing. Also get a good pair of headphones and listen for footsteps, lower your mouse sensitivy down to roughly where you can do about 75-90 degrees by going across the pad completely; lower sens will help tighten your shots and don't SPRAY for the love of god learn quick bursts and well aim for the head.

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

i love this game

but i suck balls at it :(

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By turbomonkey138
gimmysumcowbel said:
i love this gamebut i suck balls at it :(
I GOT A PRESCRIPTION FOR A FEVER ....
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By scarace360

nice job getting positive i feel your pain i suck at css to and when i do well i feel fucking awesome.

monkeyroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By monkeyroach

cs1.6 >css

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By turbomonkey138

Holy necro thread haha

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By luce

My friend likes to hack Counter strike servers and post random Hentai propaganda around the maps

BraveFart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BraveFart

iMa bUsT a cAp in yO asS !

*bLaP* *bLaP* *bLaP*