I almost didn't play a MOBA, now I'm hooked

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

When Brad started played DOTA2 I thought I would give it a try. Over the months I have put 35 hours and I wrote off the whole moba scene. UNTIL I played League of Legends, and it clicked. I haven't been this into a game since I was a teenager. I would impress on anyone to try out league of legends just for the heck of it. It's not all mobas that have an insane learning curve, it's just dota. I'd just say that Dota2 if VERY hard to pick up alone. You learn soooo slowly the mass amount counters, abilities, turn times, mana, stuns, etc.

I say Jeff should start playing League of Legends so he can continue to grief Brad.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I haven't tried to get into any because of their team based nature, which I can't stand. Glad you've found enjoyment in them.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Stop this MOBA nonsense !

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I got way into Awesomenuats, but that is a really simple 2D MOBA and I wanted a more in depth experience but LoL and Dota didn't look so good. Then I stumbled onto Smite which is pretty much a traditional moba like Dota and Lol but it's played 3rd person. This game is so good I can't stop playing it really addicting, they also have a ton of modes in it if you just want to battle in an arena or some shit.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By TheHT

Funny, I had the opposite experience. Played League for a while (a few days) and had fun, but it didn't blow my socks off. Then around the same time Brad caught the bug, I did too, and decided to install it that weekend and couldn't stop playing.