I am...

Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Eli

...not very much into RTS' or good at them although, I'd like to get into them. The problem is, I don't have a great computer so my question is: what is the best console RTS out there?

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By shadows_kill
  • stormrise (comes soon on ps3/360)
  • halo wars (soon and on 360)
  • end war (its out and on ps3, 360, and pc)
  • savage moon (psn title out now)

thats the only ones that i can think of really :/
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

CONSOLE RTS?  Well...from the ones that I've played, I would have to say that Kane's Wrath and Red Alert 3 did a good job making the controls work.  The problem is that it's still too slow.  Meanwhile, Battle for Middle-Earth II was so-so, but there were a lot of issues with the controls and building capabilities that ended up getting panned out for the most part in Kane's Wrath and Red Alert 3.

Halo Wars is coming out soon, and I'm curious to check it out.

Endwar is alright, but the pathfinding is pretty iffy a lot of the times.  The Theatre of War, however, was really badass when the game first came out, and the voice recognition is pretty spot on.

If you just want a good strategy game, I'd suggest trying Civilization Revolution.  It's turn-based strategy, but it simplifies the Civilization formula to work very very very well on the console.  You can still do SOME micro-managing, but you'll still get those 4 and 5 hour long games that keep things pretty tense in multiplayer.

Other than that, I would suggest trying some of the older RTS games on your PC.  Rise of Nations was a really fun one, and I particularly enjoyed Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends the most.  Hell, I'm sure that Starcraft would at least run on your computer...and while I'm not a fan of that game, there are apparently a shitload of people who would say otherwise.  Personally, I prefer Dawn of War (and I'm THOROUGLY psyched about Dawn of War II coming this week).

So...yeah.  That's about all I can suggest.
Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Eli

Thanks for the help, guys.  = )

tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By tokyochicken

The recent Command and Conquer on the 360 was okay, and maybe you could hold out for Halo Wars,. Right now there aren't a lot of really good quality ones on the consoles to my knowledge.

sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By sdodd02

Wait for Halo Wars for console, but I recommend Warcraft 3 for the PC, it's really not that heavy...