Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fatal Frame

Franchise »

A series of survival horror titles in which the protagonists must defend themselves from deadly ghosts, using a special camera designed to seal spirits away.

I am venturing into the Fatal Frame series

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Well, like the topic says, I have made a decision the other day to purchase these games. The first three are available on the PlayStation 3 Store for ten bucks each so I decided, why not try them all? Well, I am currently playing the first one and gotta say it is pretty good and am curious how the series will change, seeing how the first game is also rated T and the others are rated M. Also, because I figured it be a fun idea, I am recording myself playing them for practice in doing commentary and learning how video editing works for a side hobby.

But I am just trying to see if there are any other games like this out there that I may have missed over the years, or if there was any modern Fatal Frame game that I should look in to. I am mostly just looking to get my horror on over the break. Recent games I have played like Amnesia, Outlast, The Evil Within, and a few others, but I still would like to check out more.

I also bought Siren so that will be a future endeavor for me.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By emfromthesea

There was a game by the name of Dreadout, which could be considered a modern Fatal Frame, but it was received poorly.

I can't speak to its quality, as I recently bought it myself, but I think Neverending Nightmares might be worth checking out. You can get it for a discounted price during the Steam sale. At the very least, the art style looks to be quite unique and interesting.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Siren Blood Curse is a game you might like to try. Edit: Nevermind you already know about the sightjack stuff if you bought Siren. I think that Siren is a rough game, while Blood Curse is really cool.

Not the most Fatal Frame style game, but it is something you should try.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

@viciousbearmauling: Man I forgot all about Siren Blood Curse, thanks for mentioning that.

@sunbrozak: I played through Dreadout in about 2 hours. I want them to release Act 2 of that game but yeah, it is rather disappointing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.