#1 Edited by DriveupLife (909 posts) -

11 months ago I sold all of my consoles because I couldn't pay my rent after losing my job. Today, I've joined the ranks of those of you who aren't pathetic slackers who lose their jobs and purchased an Xbox 360!

The new xbox one inspired model is sweeeeet! I slapped an expensive 320 gig hard drive in that baby and downloaded all of my old games and saves back onto it. Hey, atleast I got a free copy of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Ms. Splosion Man, and a few Pinball FX tables with the hard drive haha.

I picked up a copy of Bioshock Infinite and Mass Effect 3 to get started on. Bioshock is epic so far.

I'm really happy to be back!! Let's talk about how to best hold onto consoles and not sell them due to the rent being due or any other topic.

#2 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Welcome back, must've felt great after long months of no gaming!

However, I must say.. Why didn't you get yourself a budget PC? You could buy games really cheap as well as playing several free games, would've helped your budget instead of spending on 360 games.

Edit: Oh I see that you downloaded your already-owned games on it. That's great then, you got games ready to play! Enjoy.

#3 Posted by bigjeffrey (4774 posts) -

#4 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3555 posts) -

GTA V NEXT WEEK. Welcome back. :)

#5 Edited by TruthTellah (8527 posts) -
#6 Posted by StarvingGamer (7991 posts) -
#7 Posted by TruthTellah (8527 posts) -
#8 Edited by Kr7stof (74 posts) -

@driveuplife said:

11 months ago I sold all of my consoles because I couldn't pay my rent after losing my job. Today, I've joined the ranks of those of you who aren't pathetic slackers who lose their jobs and purchased an Xbox 360!

Its nice to read this.

Have fun with games again and knowing you doing fine again in life!

#9 Posted by zabyyzab (6 posts) -

Congrats on being back buddy! Rent life sucks haha

#10 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4152 posts) -

#11 Posted by TyCobb (1945 posts) -

I was expecting some kid saying he was no longer grounded. Congrats!

#12 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5221 posts) -

Welcome back duder!

#13 Posted by believer258 (11629 posts) -

@tycobb said:

I was expecting some kid saying he was no longer grounded. Congrats!

This is exactly what I was expecting.

#14 Posted by Aetheldod (3509 posts) -

Fuckin A duder ... on time for GTA V

#15 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I'd say this is the perfect time to pick up a current-gen console. You've got eight years of excellent games to work through and you should be able to pick most of them up at used prices. Welcome back, duder!

#16 Posted by Winterstrike (59 posts) -

Welcome back and I wish you the best for your life. :)

#17 Edited by csl316 (8095 posts) -

Welcome, to die!

Edit: I meant welcome to fun, sorry.

#18 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

You're back?! Well fuck.

I kid.

Welcome back to the world of video games where you waste money on interactive poop and spend way to much on power bills! I personally think you should've grabbed a PS3 because The Last of Us, like c'mon. What's wrong with you?! But eh. Have fun!

Why didn't you get yourself a budget PC?

Because

#19 Posted by armaan8014 (5328 posts) -

YAAAY!