• 52 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

For a long time, I used to sell my used games to Gamestop so I could buy more used games. I don't do that anymore. After Mass Effect 2 came out, I had to sell almost everything I had to afford it. Now I miss all my old stuff. Now I don't sell my used things. I have become a collector because of this. 

The worst version of this was my brother moving out and selling his box of random manuals and his Saturn and Wonderswan and his SEGA CD.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By I_smell

I stopped trading things in for a long time after I traded in Zone of Enders 2 to get some PS2 game I can't remember.

BUT that was a while ago, and I barely have time to play NEW games, nevermind go back n play old ones. So now I do trade things in again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saving some money to buy new things doesn't equal the value of sitting back and viewing your giant collection.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@gorkamorkaorka said:

Saving some money to buy new things doesn't equal the value of sitting back and viewing your giant collection.

TRUTH. I stopped doing the same thing years ago and now I get to marvel (and feel a little sick of myself) of how large my gaming collection has been.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By subject2change

I am actually selling stuff on Half and Amazon atm. Honestly don't plan to ever play all of the ATLUS games i picked up. Also my Sealed copy of Digital Devil Saga is going for 60 bucks, 1st print of Nocturne as well. I sold ICO, Digital Devil Saga 2 and Devil Summoner 2 already.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf

@Subject2Change said:

I am actually selling stuff on Half and Amazon atm. Honestly don't plan to ever play all of the ATLUS games i picked up. Also my Sealed copy of Digital Devil Saga is going for 60 bucks, 1st print of Nocturne as well. I sold ICO, Digital Devil Saga 2 and Devil Summoner 2 already.

You sold ICO?!?! Do you know how much the game will be worth?!

Just kidding. I've regretted selling my used games several times that I've stopped doing it.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By nintendoeats

We are in the same boat, but I've been keeping everything for a few years now. Check out my epic collection as proof.

Just 10 to go!!!!!

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By subject2change
@SpikeSpiegel said:

@Subject2Change said:

You sold ICO?!?! Do you know how much the game will be worth?!

Just kidding. I've regretted selling my used games several times that I've stopped doing it.

Nothing cause of the remake lol. That's why I sold it. FFVII prices dropped a ton when they put it on PSN. Also its less shit to move!

Think i'm past the point of collecting games and unless I plan to play a game again or it's PC, I most likely will sell it.
PieGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By PieGuy

I'm with you. I used to sell loads of my games but reached a point I can't put my finger on in which I don't want to take back games I own. In some illogical reasoning of mine it seems an immature thing to do.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10  Edited By natetodamax

I try not to get rid of games either unless I really need money for something. Selling Bad Company 2 a few months ago was the first time I've gotten rid of a game in many years. I don't plan on doing it again because I want a large collection.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By PillClinton

Selling my N64 and all my games in a garage sale back in the day for like $25 is one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. That regret is the reason why I have a rather absurdly large collection of games from this gen and last.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By I_smell

@gorkamorkaorka said:

Oh I've definately got enough money to buy games, I just don't have enough time to EVER go back n play Gears of War 1, or Final Fantasy 12, or Bioshock 2. It's just never gonna happen. And I've ran out of room to store em, they're lieing all over my bedroom floor.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I actually prefer having a much smaller collection. I'd rather have 10 games I know I can go back to and play anytime I see the boxart than 20+ games I liked when I first played them but have no reason to play anymore. Just wasted space.

9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 9cupsoftea

I sell stuff all the time on ebay. I've ended up making more money than I've lost on trading games.

I'm considering selling my 360 to get a PS3 (keen to play some exclusives) but the price difference is staggering. Basic 360s are going for little more than a brand new game!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have to make sure it doesn't get out of hand. Like don't start collecting arcade machines. There's a comic shop down the road and I've just been buying PS1 games that I don't even know what they are and haven't touched some of them after weeks of getting them. [Galireans] for one. How do you link to stuff in the database?

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sold my PS1 and all the games to get a PS2. That was a mistake, there were some gems in there I would liked to have kept. Mainly Silent Bomber and Rollcage and a few others.  

I still sell games fairly regularly though if they fetch a decent price. I'm not particularly sentimental, I'll only keep something if it made a decent impression on me and I can imagine myself wanting to play it again someday. 

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cap123

I used to be a ridiculous game hoarder and still have all my old games (150 ps1 games sitting next to me for example), but after a while i've got bored of the whole collector thing.

I sell all my games that I don't play anymore. The only games that are a little old are PGR because it was an xbox360 bundle copy that shops don't accept, PES6 because its scratched and i got it for free, for some reason ODST and bioshock because it's worth like a pound and i still have a soft spot for it. May still get rid of it though :p

My collection at the moment is, apart from those games, FIFA11 and Alan Wake.

skadave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By skadave

I stopped selling my games back about 2 years ago. Instead i bargain hunt, you can usually get a $60 game for $40 if you wait a few weeks after it comes out.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Lobster_Ear

I usually save my games, but I have this old Nintendo game called Nintendo World Championships that some guy offered me $50 for and I'm never going to play it so whatever. The only thing cool about it is that the cart is gold and shiny.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By TobbRobb

I haven't sold a game in my entire life. And I do not intend to.

Jimmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jimmi

@Lobster_Ear: Hilarious.

SoulEdgeSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By SoulEdgeSlayer

Both me and my fiancee have decided to never sell another game again unless we can make double what we paid for it. It's happened with Tales of Vesperia, recently.

Also, we discovered that we had an overlap of at least 15 360/PS3 games (Tales of Vesperia being one of them), so we slowly sold all of those extra copies. Other than that, we keep all of our games no matter what.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By Vinny_Says

I like looking at my collection of games, that reminds me, some dude has my Halo ODST box....now my shelf doesn't look right. Gotta go find him!

chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#25  Edited By chronicsmoke

the last time i did that i was 15 (Im 28 now),so yeah I dont do that anymore

konradbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By konradbm

I don't have the space for a massive collection of games anymore really so I only hold on to games that I love these days.  

@powicewobots said:

I don't understand how some people can live with shelves and shelves filled with old games that they barely play. I hate clutter, so pretty much every time I upgrade to a new console I get rid of my old stuff. I think life is too short to be continually playing the same old stuff. Might as well try out some new experiences.

Pretty much this, in fact. I don't see the point in holding on to something I'll never use again when someone else could be enjoying it and I could be marginally better off financially by selling it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I stopped sometime in the PS2 era. I wish I had all my old SNES, 64 and PS1 games. At least I didn't sell Final Fantasy 3 and Secret of Evermore.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Hizang

I stopped trading in my games about 4 years ago, It is better to own this copy of Plants VS Zombies than trade it in and get like £1.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By kerse

I only do it when I really hate a game that I bought, doesn't happen too often but I think the last one I did was The Last Remnant.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Vexxan

Never sold or traded in a game in my whole life. I enjoy looking at my shelves and see all the colorful boxes I've collected over the years. The only game I ever considered trading in to GameStop was Enter the Matrix.

What an awful game.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By penguindust

I usually give them away to relatives.  Do something nice for other people occasionally.

CrimsonJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CrimsonJester

Since I don't agree with the used market I don't sell games back, Every few years I do a purge of games and those I don't want in the collection anymore I donate. I just have the luxury of an expendable income and don't have to make the hard choice of getting a new game only by trading old stuff in (if I was in that situation not sure I would be able to be as hard lined against trading games in.)

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By Jeust

I sell what I won't use anymore. Like horror games, I'm moving out of the genre. 

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You must have been pretty pissed when a couple months later Mass Effect 2 was $20.

ronin00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ronin00

Hmmm, seems like I am outnumbered here. I buy a game, beat it and then sell it. I used to save all my old games, and then I realized I hardly ever went back to play them again. I guess if you have a large surplus of money then it doesn't matter. I would rather be able to play all the games I want then have to pick and choose. Generally I lose about $5 per game I buy brand new on release date and sell a week or 2 later after I beat it. So I can play 12 games for the price one one normal game. To me being able to play 12 games surpasses the benefit of playing one game and having it sit on my shelf so I can look at it.

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By phish09

I only keep the games I really like and I know I will play again.  I went through a long phase (maybe 10 years) where I didn't get rid of any games and now I can't give them away and they are just sitting there collecting dust and I honestly don't have the room for them...not to mention that I don't even have a working original XBOX and my PS2 hasn't been hooked up for a couple of years.  So, I try to trade most games in when or where I can the best value for them.  Gamestop often has deals on where if you trade in one game towards a certain list of games you can get an additional 50% of the trade-in-value.  Meaning, if they would normally give you $40 for Crysis 2, if you trade it in towards Shadows of the Damned, you'll get $60 towards it (40 + 50%), meaning that I am playing two games for the price of one.  The thing is though, that's how I got Crysis 2 as well...and now if I trade in Shadows for Fifa 12, I'll get Fifa without paying a dime out of my pocket.  Basically, by trading in games I haven't paid a dime for a game in almost as long as I can remember.  You just have to know where and when to trade your games in. 

Like I say, I keep the games I really like and know that I will play over and over again (Mass Effects, Fallouts, Uncharted, etc), but everything else gets traded in, so long as I can get a good price. 

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bobby_The_Great
@gorkamorkaorka: I agree, I no longer trade in games especially since I go back and buy a lot of them. The return on investment isn't worth it. Now, I just have the patience to not buy a game that JUST comes out and wait for it to go on sale. 
williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By williamhenry

@9cupsoftea said:

I sell stuff all the time on ebay. I've ended up making more money than I've lost on trading games.

Will never understand why people trade games in at Gamestop. You will always, always get more on eBay, even after shipping/fees.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wacomole

I've never sold a game.

It does surprise me how often I've just out of the blue picked up an old game that I have on my shelf and found myself playing it for ages. Many games don't stop being good just because they're older.

It also means I tend to be a tad more selective in the games I buy these days, as I find myself more and more saying "Do I really want to buy `Shooter No. 106` when I can still play `Shooter No. 102` sitting on my shelf? Nah, it can wait!" Also I've often just downloaded the PSN demo of a game and realised "Well that's just about all of that game I need to play" and just kept the demo on the system just in case I need "a quick play" in future.

Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Tally_Pants

I don't do it all the time.. but every once in a while (like once a year, maybe) I look at my stack of games and realize that I havent played most of them in forever (either finished them, or just decided I was interested in finishing it) and take a big stack into Gamestop and pre-order a bunch of stuff (because they let you pre-order anything there, I'm pretty sure if I offered them $5 to pre-order Gears of War 4 they would gladly accept!)
That being said, I have a small NES (about 50 games) and SNES (about 20 or so) collection, and I don't ever plan to part with those! Because you just never know when you are gonna wanna play Metroid again!

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By handlas

Play it, beat it, know I'm never gonna touch it again, sell it to Amazon. 

Why hoard?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AlexW00d

@TobbRobb said:

I haven't sold a game in my entire life. And I do not intend to.
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I have a collection of over 100 games.  

All I trade is shooters for newer shooters.
TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TehFlan

I go back and replay old games regularly. Unless a game is bad, I won't sell it.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#45  Edited By JJWeatherman

@gorkamorkaorka said:

For a long time, I used to sell my used games to Gamestop so I could buy more used games. I don't do that anymore. After Mass Effect 2 came out, I had to sell almost everything I had to afford it. Now I miss all my old stuff. Now I don't sell my used things. I have become a collector because of this. The worst version of this was my brother moving out and selling his box of random manuals and his Saturn and Wonderswan and his SEGA CD.

Exact same situation. Yay for preserving memories. :)

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By DoctorWelch

Who said anything about gamestop? Buy a game new for 60 and turn around and sell it on ebay for 40 or more and then its definitely worth it. Chances are (if the appeal of the game is the single player experience that you have already beaten) by the time you want to play it again you will be able to buy it for a lot less than what you just sold it for if you really do want to play it that badly. Not selling games is just lazy, stupid, and an extremely bad way to throw money down the drain. If you really want to collect, just wait until that generation of consoles is 2 generations old and then just collect all the good and memorable games from that console. Ive owned a majority of the major consoles but I havent kept the games. I have a decent collection cause now iv went back and bought all those old games I want for like 5 bucks.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By chilibean_3

I'll Ebay the hell out of my old games. I'll never play most of them ever again anyway.

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By fini_fly

I continually refresh my library. I barely have time to play the few games I have now, let alone play through a hole bunch of games I've already beat. There are some exceptions for games that really had an impact, but otherwise, I really don't want to hold on to a game for longer than I need to when I can get a decent return for selling it on ebay.

shadowboxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By shadowboxer

I don't like to trade or sell  any of my games to GAME-STOP.  They make a shit load of money from used games games and  purchase them for dirt cheap. I may be biased, but at least I keep the games that apparently cost  $2.50 cents from this Corporate sham.   

I'll just trade games with my friends instead.