This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by weirdo (144 posts) -

As you can see here, I am not pleased with them

Something you should know about me? I hate corporations when they do douchebag moves like this, when they came out saying "We're gonna copyright the word Candy" that really made me mad, but it didn't push me, but when I read this article That really pushed me over. I even sent them an email with this message. But what really made me mad? Is the fact that they went after a small indie developer who can't afford very good lawyers as corporations can.

How does this not push your buttons?

Now, I am not mad at the staff who just works there, I am mad at the ones who ordered this to happen and the ones who let that happen (but not the ones who can't, namely the regular employees)

This is something you can't defend, this is literally like catching your kid in the cookie, he can't come up with an excuse like "My hand just led itself" and the like. Or can you still defend them, if you can, please post them

#2 Posted by BeachThunder (11725 posts) -

Ugh, this is the kind of email that people take one look and and just delete. No one, no matter how in the wrong they are, is going to respond favourably to abusive name-calling...

#3 Posted by kristov_romanov (453 posts) -

Yeah, some companies are dicks.

You sure like the devil and feces.

#4 Edited by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

@weirdo said:

As you can see here, I am not pleased with them

Something you should know about me? I hate corporations when they do douchebag moves like this, when they came out saying "We're gonna copyright the word Candy" that really made me mad, but it didn't push me, but when I read this article That really pushed me over. I even sent them an email with this message. But what really made me mad? Is the fact that they went after a small indie developer who can't afford very good lawyers as corporations can.

How does this not push your buttons?

Now, I am not mad at the staff who just works there, I am mad at the ones who ordered this to happen and the ones who let that happen (but not the ones who can't, namely the regular employees)

This is something you can't defend, this is literally like catching your kid in the cookie, he can't come up with an excuse like "My hand just led itself" and the like. Or can you still defend them, if you can, please post them

And guess who's going to be the only one to ever see this and have to read it and reply to you? The average staff that works there and has nothing to do with the decisions you hate so much. As someone who has worked in support centers before I can promise you whoever reads this is just some guy/girl getting paid minimum wage who has to copy paste some pre authorized reply with some fill in the blank spots for your name and other information. All your letter did is make them sigh and roll their eyes.

#5 Posted by noizy (657 posts) -

It's ok. Coca-Cola will sue them for using the word Crush.

#6 Posted by Danteveli (1165 posts) -

Your username fits with the content of this facebook post or something. As much as I wanted to go on twitter and fb just to say similar stuff it makes no sense and creates vision of gamers as crazy people.

#7 Edited by Nightriff (4930 posts) -

Weirdo is an understatement....

Online
#8 Edited by MarvinPontiac (110 posts) -

How did Thomas Edison get dragged into this?

#9 Edited by kristov_romanov (453 posts) -

"Better yet, I'm going to write a letter!"

#10 Edited by triviaman09 (787 posts) -

You really showed that corporation what for.

#11 Posted by Flappy (2143 posts) -

Intense e-mail aside, those Candy Crush folks are kinda dicks. Dicks!

#12 Posted by Marcsman (3129 posts) -

You sound like a 10 year old playing Call Of Duty.

#13 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

@marcsman: Or a 30 year old who plays any game really.

Also, I bet they took this e-mail very seriously.

Online
#14 Posted by RonGalaxy (2919 posts) -

Didnt they respond and say they arent attacking banner saga, but games that are actually trying to infringe on their game (by making, pretty much, copies of it on ios?). They arent trying to own the words candy and saga, they are making it so people stop copying their shit

#15 Posted by Funzzo (834 posts) -

I just don't get it. Saga and candy are words. How can they claim they own the rights to these words.

#16 Posted by GorillaMoPena (1955 posts) -

I'm sure the intern reading that is really excited.

#17 Posted by BBAlpert (1388 posts) -

@funzzo said:

I just don't get it. Saga and candy are words. How can they claim they own the rights to these words.

And pink is just a color, but that didn't stop Owens Corning. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-conventional_trademark

#18 Posted by RonGalaxy (2919 posts) -

Everyone thinking this company is twirling their mustaches saying "HAHAHAH. NOW WE OWN THESE WORDS" are wrong. It isnt cut and dry like that. Legal shit gets complicated when trying to protect a brand from copy cats.

#19 Posted by FlipperDesert (2082 posts) -

You really showed that corporation what for.

"King.com issues public apology, ceases all operations and cries into a napkin."

#20 Posted by ZolRoyce (633 posts) -

The reaction you want.

The Reaction you'll get.

#21 Posted by Plipster (132 posts) -

That email is the kind of pithy commentary that the interwebs are sadly lacking these days.

Sure to make a difference.

#22 Posted by RazielCuts (2942 posts) -

Ugh, this is the kind of email that people take one look and and just delete. No one, no matter how in the wrong they are, is going to respond favourably to abusive name-calling...

You really showed that corporation what for.

@marcsman said:

You sound like a 10 year old playing Call Of Duty.

I hate to be that guy OP and say 'go back to reddit' but damn you're not doing yourself any favours. Using language like that just makes you look like an infant that can't conduct an argument or disagreement no matter how in the right you may feel. This, as beachthunder has said, will be read to the first sentence (if that) and be instantly binned. Do you know what corporations listen to? Money. Don't buy the product or support it. Or build a vocal enough community for people to take notice. Don't make the rest of us look like absolute morons.

Just a few issues of housecleaning - 'Candy Crush Saga' is the name of the game, as well as all the other games that fall under their 'Saga' series. 'King' is the developer. If you were going to direct any of your toxic communication it would be better suited at them. It would be like me going to the facebook page of Call of Duty and screaming at that, Call of Duty is not a person it is a product. I would direct those complaints at Activision and or Treyarch/Infinity Ward.

You're basically the version of this -

#23 Posted by RonGalaxy (2919 posts) -

@zolroyce said:

The reaction you want.

Why does his cigar turn into crumbly poop?

#24 Edited by alwaysbebombing (1539 posts) -

I absolutely love that people think letters mean a god damn thing. Scenario 1 is that your email will never reach them, scenario 2 is that someone will take one look at it and delete it, 3, it will be passed around the office for a good laugh.

#25 Posted by Hunkulese (2658 posts) -

@weirdo: What exactly did they do?

#26 Posted by Video_Game_King (36116 posts) -

@naru_joe93:

Because he's sucking it in really quick. I really wish that didn't sound so sexual.

#27 Posted by cloudymusic (1063 posts) -

References to Nikola Tesla in a complaint e-mail? We've reached peak neckbeard.

Online
#28 Edited by DJJoeJoe (1321 posts) -

I love the phrase

...catching your kid in the cookie...

#29 Posted by kristov_romanov (453 posts) -

@zolroyce said:

The reaction you want.

Why does his cigar turn into crumbly poop?

Apparently corps are all about as much shit as they can get. Or this one at the least.

#30 Edited by Pezen (1568 posts) -

Since when did writing on facebook become "emailed"?

Is this the the same as kids these days using "google" as a verb for anything search related (including books)?

#31 Edited by RonGalaxy (2919 posts) -

@pezen said:

Since when did writing on facebook become "emailed"?

Is this the the same as kids these days using "google" as a verb for anything search related (including books)?

You don't know how much I hate the phrase to "google" something. Or I "googled" it. You (not you) fucking searched for it, not some dumb made up word a company calls themselves. It's like saying I "libraried" it.

#32 Posted by MB (12079 posts) -

I guess you thought you were going to get some sympathy here...you thought wrong. I'm just going to close this now and save everyone from 5+ pages of the same replies we have already seen.

Moderator