#1 Posted by vegetashonor (540 posts) -

I feel when they finally speak, and I'm able to hear their voices, I can start healing from my side of this whole thing. As of right now I feel as if I have lost a close friend and to hear my other friends would allow me to at least breathe a bit easier.

I won't lie. I am so scared. I can't imagine a future in GB without Ryan, but I know there has got to be one. It won't be easy at first, or even for a while, but he will always be with us. I just feel so bad.

I guess this is an outcry to kinda just shoot the shit and know I'm not alone with my above thought. Of course I agree they should take all the time they need. It's just rough.

#2 Posted by killacam (1282 posts) -

yeah, I'd like to hear from the guys and know that they're doing okay. Jeff most of all. but I hope they take all the time they need and don't feel pressured to force a bombcast today.

#3 Posted by BaneFireLord (2878 posts) -

I just kind of want to fly out to San Francisco and give them all hugs.

#4 Posted by mrfluke (4835 posts) -
#5 Posted by jessej07 (213 posts) -

I feel terrible thinking about it, and then I remember I can't possibly imagine how the GB crew feels. I'm so sorry for their loss as it is clear they were such a tight knit group and much more than coworkers. I imagine what I need to heal from this would be just more Giant Bomb, that might gel with what the guys need as well but I completely understand it might be awkward for them to discuss their personal feelings about this publicly. I really hope everyone is doing okay.

I'm really excited for the future of Giant Bomb and so sad we lost a major driving force.

#6 Posted by zenmastah (834 posts) -

Just watched John Drake talk about Ryan on the Harmonix stream, that got to me hard.

Been listening to this a lot since yesterday, my go to song when im feeling sad.

#7 Edited by RenegadeDoppelganger (395 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

i hope they skype in patrick. if you want to get all conspiracy theory, at the end of this video,

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/encyclopedia-bombastica-michael-jordan-chaos-in-th/2300-7669/

patrick was on the verge of breaking down hard, so he must've gotten the news during that video.

Yeah now that you mention it he does like kinda genuinely upset near the very end there. That sucks. When I watched it originally I had just assumed he was feigning being bummed out because of the awfulness of the game, maybe it was something else?

I certainly didn't expect there to be any bombcast this week, it's much too soon. The bombcast is a podcast about games and right now I'm not sure anyone in that office is thinking about games too deeply. I can't even imagine being in that office and seeing Ryan's emtpy desk with all his stuff still on it..

Ryan's departure surely left a huge void in the bombcrew and while I'm confident GiantBomb as an entity will continue to exist, something very special will always be missing from it.

#8 Posted by ManlyBeast (1120 posts) -
#10 Posted by mrfluke (4835 posts) -
#11 Posted by mrfluke (4835 posts) -
#13 Posted by figurehead00 (135 posts) -

@jessej07 said:

I imagine what I need to heal from this would be just more Giant Bomb.

This.

#14 Edited by Gamer_152 (13970 posts) -

I'm genuinely worried about all those guys, especially Jeff. I hope they hang in as best they can and whenever we hear their voices again, I'm sure it'll be a comfort to remember that the website Ryan co-founded lives on.

#15 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

Giant Bomb will go on. I don't mean to sound like an asshole but it's it's truth. The loss of Ryan will always be felt and it is profound. However, we still have the best god damn crew in the business and I have complete faith that they are going to bounce back. It may take a while but I know they will. Giant Bomb will always be a reminder of the great times with Mr. Davis, we can't let that go away.

#16 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

When Jeff got laid off all those years ago those offices fucking shut down.

I can't even being to imagine what it's like there right now.

#17 Edited by phrosen (140 posts) -

I won't lie. I am so scared. I can't imagine a future in GB without Ryan, but I know there has got to be one. It won't be easy at first, or even for a while, but he will always be with us. I just feel so bad.

I had that same irrational fear. But seeing Jeff today tweeting about Animal Crossing gave me hope, that eventually things will return to some form of normalcy.

#18 Posted by wjb (1551 posts) -

I understand the feeling of being in limbo. The staff at Giant Bomb always made me feel better whenever there was sad news in life, but it's a little uneasy when the sad news is from Giant Bomb.

I spent all of my free time yesterday watching old videos, laughing my ass off (the executable talk had me literally on the floor), but it's weird trying to do other things like play video games. I just don't feel like shootin' dudes.

#19 Posted by Nadafinga (953 posts) -

Honestly, I don't really care what's going on with the site right now as far as content goes. When someone this close to you dies suddenly, the gut-punch of grief kind of just pushes everything else away. If a podcast does happen, it wont be a regular podcast, it will likely be some kind of shorter check in with the fans, explain whats going on with them and the site. I wouldn't even necessarily expect any kind of tribute from the GB guys yet, its just way too soon. I wouldn't expect anything until after the funeral, at the very soonest.

Fuck, I should just stop speculating completely, and just allow the guys to come out and speak when they are ready.

While I'm confident GiantBomb as an entity will continue to exist, something very special will always be missing from it.

At the very least, this is true.

#20 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6936 posts) -

I'm genuinely worried about all those guys, especially Jeff. I hope they hang in as best they can and whenever we hear their voices again, I'm sure it'll be a comfort to remember that the website Ryan co-founded lives on.

Yeah. Jeff has always felt like the stoic, reasonable constant of the group. Even with all the issues with his father, he never showed any signs of losing his cool. But this has me genuinely worried about him. I just hope he's spending a lot of time with the other guys, and not wallowing alone.

#21 Posted by Pvtporter (26 posts) -

I move that every Bombcast forevermore begins with a recording of Ryan saying "It's Tuuuuuuuuuuuuesday!!"

#22 Posted by ProfessorEss (7123 posts) -

I hate to say it because it's so selfish but I want to hear something one of the guys so bad.

#23 Posted by PillClinton (3284 posts) -

...this still doesn't feel real to me...

#24 Posted by rawrsair (817 posts) -

I would like to hear from them because I am super concerned about them and it would reassure me.
But they need their time, and they should be allowed that.

I just hope they're as okay as they can be :(
We love you guys!

#25 Edited by Sanity (1852 posts) -

Not sure if its just still unchanged or if hes actually doing one but Patrick still has his thing on the coming soon list for tomorrow, that's something.