#1 Posted by Paul_Tillich (156 posts) -

I work part-time at a Trader Joe's in Newton, MA at night while in graduate school. Tonight, Ken Levine came in twenty minutes before closing with a female companion. He came to my register and bought water, some nuts, a few pieces of fruit, and a frozen dessert for about fifteen dollars. There is not much else to say, I just needed to share this news. He did however, look terrible, like he may not have slept all week. The bags under his eyes were so dark they were borderline black. I'll take this as a sign that the late July BioShock Infinite DLC announcement is coming.

#2 Edited by bigjeffrey (4160 posts) -

I wish i was paid to play story time and get my groceries delievered by @paul_tillich

#3 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2048 posts) -

Yeah, simultaneously working on DLC and a blockbuster movie script has to be incredibly stressful.

#4 Posted by TheHT (10281 posts) -

gotta eat.

#5 Edited by wjb (1553 posts) -

TMZ 4 VIDEO GAMEZ!!!

#6 Posted by bigjeffrey (4160 posts) -

@wjb said:

TMZ 4 VIDEO GAMEZ!!!

I have informed Gossip Guy. XOXO

#7 Posted by AURON570 (1666 posts) -

Should have asked for a photo! Haha, oh well, from the sounds of it that might not have been the best idea anyway.

#8 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2072 posts) -

This isn;t creepy

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (34613 posts) -

@wjb said:

TMZ 4 VIDEO GAMEZ!!!

DID KEN LEVINE HIRE A PROSTITUTE TO CARRY HIS GROCERIES AT THE DEAD OF NIGHT? GBZ HAS ALL THE DETAILS.

#10 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

DID KEN LEVINE HIRE A PROSTITUTE TO CARRY HIS GROCERIES AT THE DEAD OF NIGHT?

Don't be a misogynist. They're called "porter women"

#11 Posted by bigjeffrey (4160 posts) -

@paul_tillich

Give me his address, i want to ask him why no controller support in Bioshock 2 PC.

#12 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

@bigjeffrey said:

@paul_tillich

Give me his address, i want to ask him why no controller support in Bioshock 2 PC.

Well he didn't work on that game for one thing

#13 Edited by Video_Game_King (34613 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

DID KEN LEVINE HIRE A PORTER WOMAN TO WATCH HIM CHOW DOWN ON HIS BACHELOR DINNER?

#14 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4497 posts) -

@ravenlight said:

@video_game_king said:

DID KEN LEVINE HIRE A PORTER WOMAN TO WATCH HIM CHOW DOWN ON HIS BACHELOR DINNER?

I know of some twitch streams you might be interested in...

#15 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -

Didn't we have another thread where someone talked about stalking Ken Levine at a restaurant?

#16 Posted by Octaslash (435 posts) -

One time I made Ryan Phillippe a grilled cheese. I watched the opening of Way of the Gun on my phone and then stared at him while he ate.

#17 Posted by Aegon (5117 posts) -

@markwahlberg: Oh no, you're telling me that Wilfred episode was not lying?

#18 Posted by Darson (425 posts) -

And yet you didn't say OMG YOU'RE KEN LEVINE AUTOGRAPH MY APRON PLZ

#19 Edited by BaneFireLord (2878 posts) -

What the hell is the DLC even going to be?

#20 Edited by JasonR86 (9379 posts) -

Was it everything I've dreamed?

#21 Posted by TruthTellah (7654 posts) -

@mcghee: heh. We did have a thread where someone saw him at a restaurant with someone and decided to not disturb him.

Ken Levine About Town!

#22 Posted by Player1 (3839 posts) -

Yeah, simultaneously working on DLC and a blockbuster movie script has to be incredibly stressful.

Absolutely agree. I don't get on twitter that often but I've seen a few stories about him losing it at fans via responses on there. Don't blame him, I've always thought it must be frustrating to deal with the uneducated teenage dude gamers alongside the (probably more annoying and impatient) serious gamers that go to video game websites online.

#23 Edited by DarthOrange (3498 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

Was it everything I've dreamed?

I'm pretty sure he had his pants on.

#24 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4874 posts) -

Did you like... talk to him?

#25 Posted by Strife777 (1432 posts) -

To be fair, I always thought Ken Levine looked like he hadn't slept for days, perphaps surviving on cocaine and liquor alone.

THAT'S RIGHT GB TMZ! YOU HEARD ME!

#26 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

#27 Posted by Paul_Tillich (156 posts) -

If my anecdote leads to GBZ, its sharing was worthwhile. Someone get Scoops on the scene.

#28 Posted by BeachThunder (11265 posts) -

Did his female companion throw him the bottle of water while shouting "Ken, catch!"?

#29 Edited by Korwin (2721 posts) -

To be fair, I always thought Ken Levine looked like he hadn't slept for days, perphaps surviving on cocaine and liquor alone.

THAT'S RIGHT GB TMZ! YOU HEARD ME!

That is almost certainly the case... at least in my head it is.

#30 Posted by AmatureIdiot (982 posts) -

Huh, I would of assumed he obtained his groceries from rubbish bins and dead bodies.

#31 Posted by DeeGee (2096 posts) -

This is creepy as fuck. It would be alright as an anecdote about how you work at a grocery store and he came in, but literally listing everything he bought and saying now much he spent is just entering stalker territory.

#32 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1230 posts) -
#33 Edited by Hunter5024 (5173 posts) -

It sounds like he's at the end of a week long coke binge and needed dumb healthy food to pull himself up from the depths.

#34 Edited by Buble (69 posts) -

You're allowed to work while you're in grad school? We were basically told at orientation they would shoot us with a crossbow if we ever tried.

#35 Edited by CaLe (3678 posts) -

Ken Levine suffers from insomnia, in case you didn't know.

(English is weird.)

#36 Edited by stryker1121 (1237 posts) -

I'm just glad you didn't make a skin suit out of him or anything. At least wait until the DLC is announced!

#37 Edited by Paul_Tillich (156 posts) -

@deegee: The funny thing about information is it is not hard to remember, especially when you are recounting something that happened minutes ago. Also, I'm probably wrong. People sure can take a dumb little post way too seriously.

#38 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (2597 posts) -

Sounds like somebody had the case of the "Logan's Run" remake.

#39 Posted by Superfriend (1458 posts) -

Female companion, eh?! That´s all I got, seriously.

I would have asked him for an autograph though, I love his work so gaoddamn much. There are probably like 5 people in the world I would ask for an autograph.

#40 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2275 posts) -

I told Jerry Stiller he could go ahead of me in line at the local coffee shop, he bought a 1lb of whole beans.

#41 Posted by FonkyMucker (125 posts) -

@paul_tillich: What sort of nuts and fruit? He seems like a walnut and pear sort of man.

Me, I am a sunflower seed and banana dude.

#42 Edited by Nitrocore (356 posts) -

They guy's a method writer. He's trying to get in the mind of Logan, from Logan's run.

#43 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

The DLC is the movie he's been working on due 2016.

#44 Posted by Mushir (2388 posts) -

I am disappointed you didn't take video of the incident with a crappy cellphone camera with a horizontal orientation and shitty quality.

#45 Posted by gogosox82 (413 posts) -

pics or it didn't happen