#1 Edited by super2j (1610 posts) -

In the Olympics premium videos, Ryan talks about how he really likes the dreamcast controller. Which is then followed by Brad comments on how it influenced the 360 controller. Now when u hear Jeff and Ryan talk about sega... they really loved it. Like a lot. Like crazy. SO when they see the 360 and the controller, i can see them subconsciously being drawn in!!

The other features of the system were just plus's for them.

FOLLOW THE MONEY

Btw, this is not a "why dont they use ps3's thread." I just felt that this piece of information can be analyzed by a crack team of Duder's, to explain something or other.

#2 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

I'm glad you made a thread for this.

#3 Posted by super2j (1610 posts) -

Think about it man. It is psychology and such.

#4 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Wait, are you implying that they are biased toward the Xbox brand? Or that they like the system solely due to design decisions on controller construction?

Because both of those require...interesting leaps of logic

#5 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

So Sega is the greatest video game company of all time is what you're saying

#6 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -
#7 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3667 posts) -

FOLLOW THE MONEY!

#8 Posted by ThatFrood (3360 posts) -

Yep. I work in the psychology industry and can verify that what he is saying is 100% true.

#9 Edited by super2j (1610 posts) -

already, i am liking the these responses.

@Tim_the_Corsair: I personally believe that their favourite system is the xbox, but that is not important and subjective. What I am saying is that the dreamcast similarities evoked the system that never was for Ryan and Jeff. And drew them in. Plus i am just acting on the connection made by both Ryan and Brad.

#10 Posted by darkedhunter (37 posts) -

I'm not sure I feel comfortable talking about sega controllers in a non-sexual way.

#11 Posted by Seedofpower (3909 posts) -

Man, I always thought it was about the achievements.

#12 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

makes perfect sense to me

#13 Posted by super2j (1610 posts) -

@darkedhunter: As a guest in this thread i will do this for u once.... just think about that wide tall body and that little lcd screen just asking for it. And dont forget that analog stick, it likes being played with rough.

#14 Posted by Jrinswand (1692 posts) -

At the time, the Dreamcast controller was great but have you used one recently? Those things are fucking awkward.

#15 Posted by super2j (1610 posts) -

@Seedofpower said:

Man, I always thought it was about the achievements.

The achievements in my personal psychological analysis is another totally separate psychological field of psychology... i think @ThatFrood would agree with this. It is tapping into the rewards center in your mind and giving u a universal place to show you success and amazingness in a situation u normally would not. Eventually, the subject will move one when they realize how empty the "achievement" is, har har har. Pardon my laughter.

#16 Posted by super2j (1610 posts) -

@rebgav: AY AY, calm down buddy. I do not disagree with what you say. But the validity of what you said does not disprove the controller thing.

#17 Posted by destruktive (1068 posts) -

I can see that as I myself prefer to play on the 360 due to the controller. My hands are just too darn manly to use a PS3 controller for long periods of time.

#18 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

At the time, the Dreamcast controller was great but have you used one recently? Those things are fucking awkward.

Yeah but at the time they were way less awkward than the original Playstation controllers.

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why they use a 360 most of the time. While I like most of the Playstation exclusives, I find myself choosing Xbox over the ps3 in most multi-platform games.

#19 Posted by believer258 (11039 posts) -

@Gunner612 said:

@Jrinswand said:

Yeah but at the time they were way less awkward than the original Playstation controllers.

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why they use a 360 most of the time. While I like most of the Playstation exclusives, I find myself choosing Xbox over the ps3 in most multi-platform games.

Huh? Those haven't changed design much at all, except for adding two analog sticks.

#20 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1722 posts) -

So why don't they like the Wii U?

#21 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

@believer258: the biggest thing they changed were the triggers, they went from simple buttons to analog triggers, much like the dreamcast/xbox controllers. The triggers are what made the dreamcast controllers one of the best at the time if you ask me.

#22 Posted by TheHT (10266 posts) -

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

So why don't they like the Wii U?

the old sega/nintendo rivalry is deep in their subconscious.

#23 Posted by Demoskinos (13847 posts) -

FOLLOW THE MONEY!

#24 Posted by MattyFTM (14243 posts) -

Or MAYBE they play games on Xbox 360 more often because publishers send them Xbox copies of games rather than PS3 copies. Yeah, that makes sense.

#25 Posted by believer258 (11039 posts) -

@Gunner612 said:

@believer258: the biggest thing they changed were the triggers, they went from simple buttons to analog triggers, much like the dreamcast/xbox controllers. The triggers are what made the dreamcast controllers one of the best at the time if you ask me.

Neither the PS1 nor 2 had triggers on the controller, though. You said "original Playstation controllers" and the PS2 (and mostly the 3) are the same. Hell, I'd argue that the PS3's triggers are incredibly awkward due to being sloped downward and easier to slip your fingers off.

#26 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2141 posts) -

Ever consider that maybe the 360 is a good system?

#27 Posted by CandleJakk (766 posts) -

I started on Dualshock controllers for the PSOne. I prefer the 360 controller (and console over the PS3).

MYTHBUSTED, BITCH.

#28 Posted by StrikeALight (1111 posts) -

@TheVeteran13 said:

Is.....is that Drew?

#29 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4866 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

I'm glad you made a thread for this.

#30 Posted by TheHBK (5407 posts) -

Yeah, I fucking hate the PS controller. I use it when I have to but if I can get a game for the 360 I will. No real triggers these days is just Busch League.

#31 Posted by Daryl (1781 posts) -

That's a good point, also because it's not a gym!

#32 Posted by Snail (8468 posts) -

What is going on?

#33 Posted by Fattony12000 (6350 posts) -
Giant Money
#34 Posted by Clonedzero (3719 posts) -

well the reason i picked a 360 over a PS3 was because i like the 360 controller so much more than the playstations

#35 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

What about all the good games for the system? Do those count for anything?

#36 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

@Fattony12000 said:

Giant Money

In one of the corners there is a tiny J Allard and if you fold it just right you can see a PS3 on fire.

#37 Posted by Abendlaender (2596 posts) -

Now it all makes sense! Ryan's endless praise for the Jet Set Radio HD Port and Jeffs glowing enthusiasm for Nights. And don't forget how much they looooooove Sonic. Thanks, now I see the world much clearer

#38 Posted by ProfessorEss (7123 posts) -

I always assume it's for the same reason I prefer the Xbox. It was the first one out, the first one to show what the "next generation" was going to be and by the time the ridiculously priced PS3 came out people were already accustomed to playing on the 360.

This may have changed had the PS3 turned out to be as powerful as Sony claimed but when that system came out and was more or less on par across the board few people (that I know at least) had motivation to migrate and the PS3 remained the "for exclusives only" system.

#39 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

Here's the real question: do they love the Xbox 360 enough to watch it hump a car?

#40 Edited by falling_fast (2142 posts) -

the 360 controller is probably my favourite controller ever. I prefer using it with a pc, though, if I'm playing a console port that I think wouldn't work very well with a mouse and keyboard (ie. Bastion)

mostly I do use a mouse and keyboard for playing games, though.

#41 Posted by aceofspudz (877 posts) -

I think the 360 controller is basically the Final Controller, and it's the reason I prefer 360 games.

#42 Edited by MisterSamMan (361 posts) -

@Fattony12000: It doesn't stop there...

#43 Posted by Fattony12000 (6350 posts) -

@ExplodeMode said:

@Fattony12000 said:

Giant Money

In one of the corners there is a tiny J Allard and if you fold it just right you can see a PS3 on fire.

@MisterSamMan said:

@Fattony12000: It doesn't stop there...

Oh fuck, connecting the dots.

#44 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

This is an incredibly silly leap in logic.

• The 360 happens to have an incredibly well designed controller.
  • The 360 has been the dominant platform this gen and leads multiplatform development.
  • Publishers send them out 360 versions as review copies.
#45 Posted by Village_Guy (2403 posts) -

Well this is a silly thread, granted the 360 controller is probably one of the best controllers ever made. But... Are we saying that the Illuminati is controlling Giant Bomb through Xbox 360 controllers?!

Hang on guys, I'll go grab my 360 controller and check it out myse....... ALL PRAISE THE 360 FOR IT IS THE SAVIOR OF OUR DOOMED EXISTENCE