I hate people who accuse others of hacking whenever they lose.

kcarruthers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kcarruthers

I was recently playing a Team Tactical Capture the Flag match on Rust. It was supposed to be 4v4 but two of my teammates left, making it a 4v2 match. Even though we did lose the game badly, my k/d was still 27-15. Not that great, I know, but still positive. After the match, I got a voice message from a player on the other team that told me to "Quit being a pussy and stop hacking" and so on. Really? 27-15 and I'm accused of hacking? Has this happened to anyone else? Some people online are so stupid >.>

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

People always make excuses. Online games have sadly always been full of idiots.

Many years ago, I was on StarCraft, playing a "hide and seek" UMS where people hide behind trees and the seeker tries to randomly click and shoot them. Some dude was spamming the chatbox talking shit about how he can't be found and how I'm so bad. I found him sticking out, shot him, and he lost. 

He then bitched for 10 pages (blocking all messages to himself, of course) how I hacked (there is no such hack to see through trees/doodads; such a hack would be pretty damn useless in normal StarCraft games anyway) and how I'm a fat white nerd or whatever (he's only two-thirds correct on that one).

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Back when I played Pokemon a bit more competitively a couple of years back I'd sometimes scout out matches on some of the various sites around the web... had one guy accuse me of hacking in a similar fashion since he couldn't kill one of my dudes quickly enough. Searched his history on the forum and found he'd accused others of the same thing in the past when he'd lost matches, and that for a while he was actually using poorly hacked monsters himself to play with unfairly. The experience didn't really make his sixth sense for this sort of thing any better in this case, though.

I think it's just a kid thing to do, make excuses when you lose since you've put all this effort into a game and it obviously can't be the fact that there might be people out there who are better than you. I think I may have been the same at some point growing up, just annoying that you have to run into these sorts of personalities online now I guess. Doesn't mean there aren't people over 18 who don't do this sort of thing too, oh no… just find it’s more common with people who still haven’t grasped that losing is just a learning experience.

TorgoGrooves89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TorgoGrooves89

I hate it when people do it too. It can get pretty frustrating. However it is sometimes to hilarious to listen to when other people are having fights about it on Xbox Live, particularly when they begin to get creative with the name calling. That's always great for a laugh. I tell you what i hate more though, and that's being sent fucking voice messages and crap to join '10th prestige lobbies', whatever that even means, trying to charge me 800 microsoft points to cheat. I really, really hate that and honestly file a complaint every single time i get one.
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Sambambo

Back in the days of Gears of War 1 I used to play religiously and as a result become pretty good.

I would frequently have messages from people calling me a glitcher/hacker and my rep took a nosedive. 

I didnt really mind it though, they are saying that you couldent possible be as good as you are without cheats, and as you know that is not the case, it means you rock!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

I find it hilarious when people excuse me of hacking =P