• 71 results
RobotSquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By RobotSquad

btw I also have EVGA precision X >..< should i delete that too?

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By TyCobb

@RobotSquad said:

Most definitely since you don't have an EVGA card. This is just my rule, but never install drivers from a CD. Always get the latest version off the web site. In this case, only install NVIDIA drivers from NVIDIA.

EDIT: You should not be installing software to overclock your video card. You do not have the hardware or cooling to support it.

RobotSquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By RobotSquad

the card is pre overclocked it comes like that from the factory

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TyCobb

That's fine. You don't need the overclocking software which you currently have on your system (MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision X).

Are you dodging my PSU question? You can't have a PSU fan blowing onto your video card. The video card is going to take all the hot air and blow it onto chip that it is trying to cool.

RobotSquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By RobotSquad

oh I flipped it over so now it's blowing down into the ground

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Zelyre

@TyCobb said:

Are you dodging my PSU question? You can't have a PSU fan blowing onto your video card. The video card is going to take all the hot air and blow it onto chip that it is trying to cool.

His power supply is sucking air out of the case in that configuration. It's not optimal, yes, but system stability should not be impacted by it.

RobotSquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By RobotSquad

Too many people are saying too many different things and it's blowing my mind I need this fixed I spent too much money >......<

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TyCobb

@RobotSquad said:

Too many people are saying too many different things and it's blowing my mind I need this fixed I spent too much money >......<

There's not a single conflicting statement here.

• People are thinking it is a possible overheating issue and it could be.
  • It could be the fact that you have conflicting overclock software installed on your machine.
RobotSquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By RobotSquad

I deleted EVGA and MSI

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Zelyre

@RobotSquad said:

Replace your power supply. The 12 volt rail is incredibly weak. Both rails, on max output is 430 watts. Overload a rail and you have problems. Cheap power supplies usually have overinflated specs. So, you're getting 430 watts on 12v on a good day, when absolutely no one is watching any sort of reality TV.

Get a Corsair TX 650, return the ticking time bomb Eagle power supply and be done with it.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TyCobb

Reboot and play a game. Let me know if that did anything.

RobotSquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By RobotSquad

@Zelyre: THANK YOU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139040 this one any good?

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TyCobb

@Zelyre said:

@RobotSquad said:

Replace your power supply. The 12 volt rail is incredibly weak. Both rails, on max output is 430 watts. Overload a rail and you have problems. Cheap power supplies usually have overinflated specs. So, you're getting 430 watts on 12v on a good day, when absolutely no one is watching any sort of reality TV.

Get a Corsair TX 650, return the ticking time bomb Eagle power supply and be done with it.

Although I fully agree that a better quality PSU is warranted. I would like to point out that it would not be the cause of the issue at hand. If the PSU can't handle what you are throwing it, something is going to fry whether it be the computer, a component, or the PSU itself. There's no middle ground.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Zelyre

@RobotSquad: Yeah. That should do just fine.

@TyCobb: Naw. Tons of middle ground. It all depends on what's going on with the power supply, but there's tons of middle ground areas. His build's a mess, yes. But overheating shouldn't be an issue in his PC. If it were overheating, its an issue with the GPU and not a placement of a single fan. Now, I'm not trusting the MSI afterburning numbers, but if the heatsink on the GPU wasn't seated correctly, we'd see a spike in temperature, rather than the gradual build up, (though, the spikes are weird. It's not reading the sensors right.)

If the power supply can't supply clean, steady power, especially on the 12v rail, you get issues. With cheap capacitors, you'll find they're more sensitive to heat, which is something that builds in a power supply as it's stressed. The spacing in the plates shifts changing the value of the capacitor. This in turn, leads to ripples and noise going to all the components in your computer which can potentially damage them.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Slaegar
@TyCobb said:

@RobotSquad said:

Most definitely since you don't have an EVGA card. This is just my rule, but never install drivers from a CD. Always get the latest version off the web site. In this case, only install NVIDIA drivers from NVIDIA.

EDIT: You should not be installing software to overclock your video card. You do not have the hardware or cooling to support it.

That's fine. You don't need the overclocking software which you currently have on your system (MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision X).

EVGA precision and MSI Afterburner are fine programs. I use them all the time to look at card usage and temps. Those programs will work on any card manufacturer's video card, the only difference is the EVGA program will only work with Nvidia cards while MSI Afterburner will work for AMD or Nvidia. 

Having a PSU is upside-down is fine. Only a crazy person would have a psu fan blow INTO the case. All power supplies should have the air coming out the back, not into the case. A power supply fan can actually help temperatures since it can pull air out as well, assuming the power supply isn't running hot.

@RobotSquad

Your video card is not overheating. 53 Celsius when under load is totally fine. Temperatures aren't a concern at all until 80 C+ normally.  

The power supply sounds like its a problem. That CPU eats a lot of power as well. 

At any rate, this is the driver for your video card assuming you are using 64 bit windows.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/54625
RobotSquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By RobotSquad

Thanks everyone for the help :D

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TyCobb

@RobotSquad said:

Thanks everyone for the help :D

Is it fixed?

RobotSquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By RobotSquad

Ordered the new power supply and it's on 2 day shipping should be here soon

RedRavN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By RedRavN

I would have to guess you have a faulty power supply. Also, there is nothing wrong with having MSI afterburner on your PC. Its a great program for gathering data on your gpu. I pretty much always have my PC overclocked and thats fine to do as long as you watch your temperatures. I literally have a 10 year old laptop that still runs fine with no damages caused by overclocking. You do in fact have the cooling necessary to overclock by a significant margin. But you shouldn't overclock until you are at least running stable at stock speeds. I would also recommend downloading "cpuz" to check on your cpu's temperature and make sure there is nothing wrong with that either. You should check both your temperatures and your voltages and make sure they are in nominal levels.

But from what you described it sounds like there is something wrong with your PSU so I would expect everything to be fine once the new one is put in.

MrWillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#70  Edited By MrWillz

Here are some links that you need to go to first and what you need to do there. I am not sure of your OS so I am assuming Windows 7 x64.

ASRock 970 Extrme 4 Downloads (Get the latest BIOS updates and drivers except for the AMD ones. Most system borad sites have old AMD drivers.)

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme4/?cat=Download

AMD Chipset Drivers

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx#2

NVidia Drivers

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/54625

And the only question I have is what type of case are you using?

gunninkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By gunninkr

This is why I love being a part of the Giant Bomb community. Kicks ass to see everyone stick to helping someone out. It is even better that he was treated great through this entire thread. My hats off to all you duders.