I have corrupted data and counting memory questions. PS3

bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bobcat1794

So i picked up a preowned resistance 3 copy last night. So i put it in let it do its update but when it started to install trophy data it froze so i turned off my ps3. Today i went to put it in a check it out and it wouldnt load past the playstation move warnings. When i went to go try deleting the data then reinstall it the data wouldnt delete it just kept saying deleting please wait but nothing happened. I turned off my console again and when i try to delete the data this type it shows now that its corrupted and instead of showing memory it says counting so i was wondering if there is a way to fix this or whats even wrong with the system. If i t comes to it i can return the game and get a different copy but that doesnt exactly fix the data problem. So i just came here to ask if you know what to do for help in this situation.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By phantomzxro

If you can't manually delete the corrupted data you may have to go into safe mode and have the system try and repair any corrupted data.

bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By bobcat1794

@phantomzxro: Can you please explain what this is and how to do it?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7

That corrupt data thing happens for everyone, apparently. All you have to do is delete it again. It will work this time, just give it time.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By phantomzxro

Hopefully N7 helped your problem but if not here a link to all you would need to know about safe mode if you need to use it. Some methods can wipe your hard drive clean to format it so this is really a last case situation.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/627262?start=0&tstart=0