I have never seen a person playing a handheld in public.

• 54 results
Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#51  Edited By Slag

It's definitely markedly less common than it once was.

6-10 years ago it was a very common site at malls, libraries, airports and on public transportation etc where I live. These days it's 90% smartphones or tablets. I will still see the occasional 3DS.

I've never seen a Vita in the Wild though...

wackojackman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I see people, both adults and kids, playing them pretty much everyday. But being in Tokyo, I feel that is less surprising than back West. People rock original PSP's and DS's still.

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Eh it's not that common here (south east UK) but you definitely do see it and as far as I can tell nobody gives a crap

I sometimes use my 3DS or GBA on the train and at uni when I have a longish gap between lectures, nobody seems to care - well, apart from children trying to see what you're playing aha. I wouldn't be put of by them not being too common in the wild, at worst some random stranger might give you an odd look (because they think games are for kids or something) which you probably wont even see because you're busy playing :)

I understand why they aren't that common out and about now though, I mean pretty much everyone will have their phone on them regardless so it makes sense to use that as a time waster rather then carry something extra even if they do game on handhelds. I mostly use my handheld at home, I'll only have it out with me if I know I'll have a lot of time to kill at once.

Althox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've seen my friend do it (playing games wow man), and I've gotten a few streetpasses, but I've never seen another person play around me, even when commuting to/from school.