I have set a goal

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Edited By ArcBorealis

School has started for me. Summer just goes by so fast, doesn't it?  
And you know what school usually means. Time cut from video games. 

I feel I didn't spend my summer the way I should've. I missed the chance to go through my backlog of games that I obviously can't play in one sitting and call it a day. Adventure games, Platformers, RPGs, they take up alot of time, and while I can easily set my focus on a new game, once I've played through it, I can't figure out which part I'll play for the time and which one for the next day, because I want to keep playing. But, given how I want to get through school with a good GPA, I can't really spend a bunch of hours on them, now can I? 

So, I've got myself a goal, which is actually a combonation of 3. 

1. Play through select segments of my various games in my backlog for the day, and continue the next day. 
2. While doing this, remember to do daily routines in Animal Crossing, one game that I didn't find myself commiting to much this summer. 
3. On top of the above 2, keep up to date on new releases. 

Without getting distracted from my primary and secondary goals. 

I've set myself up a schedule. I tend to rely a bit on time so my routines in life go as I plan to (wake up early, have breakfast at 6, be on time for every class, get to the bus stop on time, etc), I figured I'd organize select parts of my day to play the games I want. Before and After School. The same goes for two play sessions of Animal Crossing at said times of before and after school. And if I get a new game, I'll play it as long as I can after school until dinner (I'd play it in the morning, but unless it's a PS3 game, I don't wanna wake up everyone with the TV on in the living room).

I started this routine yesterday, and I followed through again today. If I can remember to do this for the rest of this week and next, I should be able to do it naturally as part of my daily routines. This isn't just for school days, but weekends and days off, even if I end up being sick, nothing's gonna stop me. 

If you're wondering what games I will be playing, here's the list. 

Super Mario 64 
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 
Paper Mario 
Star Fox Adventures
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker 
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess 
Super Mario Galaxy 
Super Smash Bros Brawl - Subspace Emissary 
Super Smash Bros Brawl - Event Matches 
Okami 
Sly Cooper and the Thievious Racoonus 
Ratchet and Clank 
Ratchet and Clank Going Commando 
Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal 
Ratchet Deadlocked 

And Animal Crossing City Folk, but there is no ending, BECAUSE THIS GAME NEVER ENDS! 

I do have more games than I have listed, but the ones that I am replaying/will replay are ones that I've already gone through enough times to know which part to do for the day.  
Example: In OoT, the first day I did the objectives in the Kokiri Village before entering the first dungeon. Today I completed the first dungeon, and tomorrow I'll leave the forest and get Zelda's Lullaby and Epona's Song. 
In the case of Mario 64 and Galaxy, my goal in those is to get 5 stars for the day. 

Alot of these games I love, and I've been having a hard time getting back into them not because the replay value was gone. To me, it's almost never gone. I just couldn't find the time to play it, and know when enough is enough. 

My gaming habits have been rather disorganized, because I had less responsibilities years ago. Now that I'm older and already in my sophomore year, I need to be more organized with my hobbies. 

Wish me luck as I attempt to pull through with this goal.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ArcBorealis

School has started for me. Summer just goes by so fast, doesn't it?  
And you know what school usually means. Time cut from video games. 

I feel I didn't spend my summer the way I should've. I missed the chance to go through my backlog of games that I obviously can't play in one sitting and call it a day. Adventure games, Platformers, RPGs, they take up alot of time, and while I can easily set my focus on a new game, once I've played through it, I can't figure out which part I'll play for the time and which one for the next day, because I want to keep playing. But, given how I want to get through school with a good GPA, I can't really spend a bunch of hours on them, now can I? 

So, I've got myself a goal, which is actually a combonation of 3. 

1. Play through select segments of my various games in my backlog for the day, and continue the next day. 
2. While doing this, remember to do daily routines in Animal Crossing, one game that I didn't find myself commiting to much this summer. 
3. On top of the above 2, keep up to date on new releases. 

Without getting distracted from my primary and secondary goals. 

I've set myself up a schedule. I tend to rely a bit on time so my routines in life go as I plan to (wake up early, have breakfast at 6, be on time for every class, get to the bus stop on time, etc), I figured I'd organize select parts of my day to play the games I want. Before and After School. The same goes for two play sessions of Animal Crossing at said times of before and after school. And if I get a new game, I'll play it as long as I can after school until dinner (I'd play it in the morning, but unless it's a PS3 game, I don't wanna wake up everyone with the TV on in the living room).

I started this routine yesterday, and I followed through again today. If I can remember to do this for the rest of this week and next, I should be able to do it naturally as part of my daily routines. This isn't just for school days, but weekends and days off, even if I end up being sick, nothing's gonna stop me. 

If you're wondering what games I will be playing, here's the list. 

Super Mario 64 
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 
Paper Mario 
Star Fox Adventures
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker 
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess 
Super Mario Galaxy 
Super Smash Bros Brawl - Subspace Emissary 
Super Smash Bros Brawl - Event Matches 
Okami 
Sly Cooper and the Thievious Racoonus 
Ratchet and Clank 
Ratchet and Clank Going Commando 
Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal 
Ratchet Deadlocked 

And Animal Crossing City Folk, but there is no ending, BECAUSE THIS GAME NEVER ENDS! 

I do have more games than I have listed, but the ones that I am replaying/will replay are ones that I've already gone through enough times to know which part to do for the day.  
Example: In OoT, the first day I did the objectives in the Kokiri Village before entering the first dungeon. Today I completed the first dungeon, and tomorrow I'll leave the forest and get Zelda's Lullaby and Epona's Song. 
In the case of Mario 64 and Galaxy, my goal in those is to get 5 stars for the day. 

Alot of these games I love, and I've been having a hard time getting back into them not because the replay value was gone. To me, it's almost never gone. I just couldn't find the time to play it, and know when enough is enough. 

My gaming habits have been rather disorganized, because I had less responsibilities years ago. Now that I'm older and already in my sophomore year, I need to be more organized with my hobbies. 

Wish me luck as I attempt to pull through with this goal.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Oui oui, somebody else watches egoraptor, oui oui? And I can tell you which games will last less than a week: Sly down. That's pretty much it. Maybe Brawl, depending on the multiplayer value you get from it.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ArcBorealis
@Video_Game_King said:
"Oui oui, somebody else watches egoraptor, oui oui? And I can tell you which games will last less than a week: Sly down. That's pretty much it. Maybe Brawl, depending on the multiplayer value you get from it. "
Yes, glad someone caught the reference. 

And in the case of Brawl, I am only doing the modes that are single player, with the exception of Classic and All Star mode. I think I would get bored with the same format every day, especially in All Star, since the fighters are all in a preset order.
Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4  Edited By Ping5000

This is never going to work, but I'm speaking from my own personal experience. I wind up sticking to one game I like a lot, which pushes the rest to the side for an eternity.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By turbomonkey138

You must like ratchet and clank games

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ArcBorealis
@turbomonkey138 said:
"You must like ratchet and clank games "
You bet. It's actually what made me buy a PS2.
Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Alex_Murphy

"I'd play it in the morning, but unless it's a PS3 game, I don't wanna wake up everyone with the TV on in the living room"

Well you could always just turn down the volume. Or get some headphones.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By PureRok

I hate Summer. I'm glad all of you are back at school. Now I get the house to myself for the rest of the year. That, and Summer is hot; I much prefer cold, snowy winter.