"I just hope that we don't get a pupping 4 on Gamespot"

JDDrewes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JDDrewes

While watching the latest trailer I heard Trey Parker hoping that that they won't get a "fucking 4 on Gamespot", because that would piss him off. The game he was referencing was the 1999 South Park FPS reviewed none other by Jeff Gerstmann.

Hopefully Jeff thinks this game is worthy of a better score!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Jeff Gerstmann won't give it a 4 on Gamespot... officially

Jeff Gerstmann should totally write a user review and give it a 4 on Gamespot.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait until the first mod who see's this changes that fucking to puppy, then that title is going to make no sense.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

What if he gives it a 4/5 on GB?

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp, if the game is good then they don't have to worry about anything, right?

But Jeff is pretty unreasonable, tho. I mean, an 8.8 for a Zelda game? Fucking monster.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By spraynardtatum
Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

"I just hope that we don't get a puppy 4 on Gamespot"

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

After its crazy development and publisher luck, I just hope it's not a clusterpup.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@csl316: wow. Just wow. You win. :D

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolfgame

Glad I got to see this before it was changed to Puppy, it's a moment not everyone can experience... Anyways, I know my expectations are optimistic but cautious for the new south park game, I have been looking forward to it but I doubt I will make it a day one buy, gonna test the waters around here to get a grip on general consensus when it rolls out.

EDIT: actually I don't think the mods can ethically change this topic title, it is a direct quote, would require knowingly misquoting someone to fit into forum rules, a classic double jeopardy muhahaha

familyguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its probably the game I am looking forward to the most in March.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By BoOzak

I actually liked the N64 South Park. Granted my standards were much lower back then but I remember it having cool ideas and pretty unique weapons. I also enjoyed Chef's Luv Shack. So maby I just have poor taste.

Anyway, I think the game will live or die by it's humour so it's mostly up to Matt and Trey whether this does well or not. Gameplay wise it just looks like a Super Mario RPG game. Which is fine.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: That's similarly to how I felt, I for one was thrilled to hear they were doing turn based combat. I am glad they realized they don't have to reinvent the wheel into some FF 13 hybrid combat system, just execute the turn based rpg format competently and me and this game will get along just fine.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@zolroyce: It;s not going to make sense until I see the puppy there. As of right now it's just nonsense.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Jeff Gerstmann won't give it a 4 on Gamespot... officially

Jeff Gerstmann should totally write a user review and give it a 4 on Gamespot.

He should post a user review with a score of 4, but then in the text make it sound like a stupidly glowing 11.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a game made by obsidian. It won't get bad scores I am pretty sure about that.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18 chaser324  Moderator

Damn. Can't edit the thread title, and I accidentally moved this to General Discussion and can't move it back. What the puppy!?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Man, this thread title's really barking up the wrong tree. Inb4 pup change.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darji: Unless it's totally broken, I agree. One of my favourite devs working today, even if their games are broken as shit at release.

billymaysrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen: @darji: My big fear is that the game is too short, not that it's broken. They're not making a game with the scale of Fallout New Vegas, so I really don't expect it to be broken when released. But most licensed games with voice acting from the real voice actors always end up being on the skimpy side.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@billymaysrip: I'm kind of hoping its short. Or that I can finish it in exactly 7 days or less. Because the following Tuesday Dark Souls II comes out. And pretty much anything after that day until August wont get played.

And on topic, that first game sucked. It deserved the 4 it got. I am looking forward to this one. Its just not coming out at the best time for me personally. I wish it came back in October before the fourth delay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Jeff will give it 2 stars and Vinny will fire him.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen: @darji: My big fear is that the game is too short, not that it's broken. They're not making a game with the scale of Fallout New Vegas, so I really don't expect it to be broken when released. But most licensed games with voice acting from the real voice actors always end up being on the skimpy side.

I finished ME2 in like 20 hours with having done everything I could n terms of sidequests etc. I don't think this game will be ultra long. So do not expect a Dragon Age Origins or Fallout New Vegas in terms of length but honestly I would be more than happy if it takes me 10-15 or even 20 hours in the end. At least that is what I am expecting.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TruthTellah

Damn. Can't edit the thread title, and I accidentally moved this to General Discussion and can't move it back. What the puppy!?

haha. Well done, Chaser.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@chaser324 said:

haha. Well done, Chaser.

And yet when I clicked on the notification for your reply it still took me to the South Park: Stick of Truth wiki page.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually thought that it was an automatic filter. The world just became a little less special to me.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah said:
@chaser324 said:

haha. Well done, Chaser.

And yet when I clicked on the notification for your reply it still took me to the South Park: Stick of Truth wiki page.

Yeah, same here. Good times...

Well, they'll get it worked out soon I'm sure.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I legitimately enjoyed my time with South Park Rally back in the day. It's fucking terrible mind you and was crushingly difficult, but I played so much of that shit. The allure of unlocking all of the South Park characters spurned me on most likely, as I was a pretty dedicated fan back then.

...Y'know, just on the topic of shitty South Park games.

JDDrewes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JDDrewes

Hey, I normally don't post on the forums here but is there a rule against cussing or something? I was quoting a video on the front page of this website...

Edit: Just read the forum rules, sorry about that. If there's a way for me to edit the title or something let me know.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chaser324  Moderator

@jddrewes said:

Hey, I normally don't post on the forums here but is there a rule against cussing or something? I was quoting a video on the front page of this website...

There is a rule against having profanity in thread titles. Anything fucking goes within the thread.

We generally just edit the title of any offending threads, but some current bugs are preventing us from doing that. If I'd caught this one soon enough, I'd probably have deleted it and told you to remake the thread without the profanity, but seeing as we were late to pick up on it, I decided to just let it go.