I just rage quit in an extremely embarassing fashion

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By MildMolasses

So I've been playing Just Cause 2, and not enjoying it all. Essentially every element of that game was pissing me off, mostly the controls and the absolute shittiness. Anyway, after restarting a mission for the X time, I got really fed up with the game, opened the disc drive and broke the disc. Naturally I feel like a complete idiot about this and am hoping that others can share a rage quitting story as well. 

PS. I actually had JC2 set to the easiest difficulty to alleviate the open world jankiness. Guess that didn't work out. And it should be noted that I've never done anything like this before, but I do have a long history of being very aggrivated by games, going all the way back to Mickey Mousecapades on the NES
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

No Caption Provided
cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By cap123

you fucking idiot

i mean jesus

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Renahzor
@jadeskye: Im 100% certain you've been waiting like a week for just the right place to post that.  Well played. 
MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By MildMolasses
@cap123:
No argument here
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jadeskye
@Renahzor said:
" @jadeskye: Im 100% certain you've been waiting like a week for just the right place to post that.  Well played.  "
it scares me how right you are...i've had that in my arsenal for about 10 days >_>
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64
@jadeskye said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Belonpopo
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

I mean FUCK. 

I'd sell my left nut for that game, but I'm financially tied for another 3 weeks or so. Then all at once I'll be able to pickup this, and Conviction, and probably 3D Dot Game Heroes, maybe. Or just MS points for Game Room.  

Either way, don't... play this like you're supposed to (well it's broken, so I figure you won't play this again, but still). You play it unorthodoxly, and use the jankiness to your advantage. God, it's just a bad physics playground really, the missions are inconsequential.  

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

I like to burn money.

jos1ah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jos1ah

Man, I understand getting pissed with a game, but you actually BROKE the game??  I hate to sound like your old man, but you need to learn the value of a dollar, son....Or rather, the declining value thereof.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By ViciousReiven

I snapped my God of War 1 disc after my multiple futile attempts to get it to actually LOAD, however I had disc insurance so it wasn't a big deal (yes they actually replaced it, no questions asked).

NegativeCreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NegativeCreep

It's ok. Mommy and Daddy will probably buy him another one.

j_drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By j_drace

I actually have had a lot of rages take over and I just went crazy, but I also have a very bad temper and just wait for it to build up until I let it all out and then 2 minutes later it's like nothing ever happened.  Anyways my most famous one is about  a year ago or so when Midnight Club: LA came out.  Me and my buddy went to Best Buy and it was on sale for $40 so i bought a copy on PS Triple and he bought his for 360.  We basically spent the next three days playing it at my house.  There was a point in the game when you can start racing for slips so I did it the first chance I got.  I raced this ice cube looking motherfucker.  Anyways I missed a turn and crashed into a wall and there was no way to go except reverse so he beat me and I lost my whip.  I then started doing side missions where you have to deliver cars so I can earn $80,000 and buy and tune another car.  There was this one specific mission with the DUB Lambo and the car was so fast that it was impossible not to damage it.  After about two hours of my rage building up I finally threw the PS3 controller and broke it, broke part of the door to my room (the edge where the lock is), and I went and broke my laptop.  I punched the screen and it just shattered.  It still works if I plug it into an external monitor.  So yeah, yours isn't that bad.  Shit happens.

No Caption Provided
It's a lot worse than the picture shows.  I also punched my brothers 23in LCD HDTV because he was lying to my face, I think it taught him a lesson.  Unfortunately I do not have a picture of that.
W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
@MildMolasses: You were playing it wrong!
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_drace: Jesus... I can see throwing a controller, but hunting down and destroying your laptop?  Bit overboard man :P
j_drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By j_drace
@xobballox: It was really pissing me off because of Vista.  It would crash like a few times a day and you know how it is.  I don't regret it since It's better now.  I'd rather have it be broken then piss me off everyday and just make it worse.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I broke Disc One of Final Fantasy VIII in a fit of rage. But that was in '99, and I was eleven. 

Gotta get a pillow to punch or something, man. Throwing a controller is a bit less dramatic, but it's still a waste of energy. Games are supposed to be fun. If you're not having fun, don't play it, but don't break the thing.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xyzygy

Why wouldn't you just sell it or something? Or even just give it away? I don't understand how someone can get that mad.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the worst I've done is slam a controller into my desk repeatedly, but it didn't break.  I usually just stop playing nowadays if I get to the point where anger is dominating my fun.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By napalm
@j_drace: Does the note on the screen say, "get fucked?" Lmao.
j_drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By j_drace
@Napalm: LMAO, it says get fixed.  I put that on there when it first broke to remind myself that it needs to be fixed, as if looking at it wasn't a reminder.  I have yet to get it fixed.
taccyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By taccyp

I didn't think people actually did these things. lol.

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By crusnchill
@MildMolasses said:

" So I've been playing Just Cause 2, and not enjoying it all. Essentially every element of that game was pissing me off, mostly the controls and the absolute shittiness. Anyway, after restarting a mission for the X time, I got really fed up with the game, opened the disc drive and broke the disc. Naturally I feel like a complete idiot about this and am hoping that others can share a rage quitting story as well.  PS. I actually had JC2 set to the easiest difficulty to alleviate the open world jankiness. Guess that didn't work out. And it should be noted that I've never done anything like this before, but I do have a long history of being very aggrivated by games, going all the way back to Mickey Mousecapades on the NES "

Let's hope your GameStop warranty on the disc covers "Bitch fits"...

Oh wait!
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jack268
@crusnchill said:
" @MildMolasses said:

" So I've been playing Just Cause 2, and not enjoying it all. Essentially every element of that game was pissing me off, mostly the controls and the absolute shittiness. Anyway, after restarting a mission for the X time, I got really fed up with the game, opened the disc drive and broke the disc. Naturally I feel like a complete idiot about this and am hoping that others can share a rage quitting story as well.  PS. I actually had JC2 set to the easiest difficulty to alleviate the open world jankiness. Guess that didn't work out. And it should be noted that I've never done anything like this before, but I do have a long history of being very aggrivated by games, going all the way back to Mickey Mousecapades on the NES "

Let's hope your GameStop warranty on the disc covers "Bitch fits"...  Oh wait! "
Oooooh doesn't it smell like bacon in here?
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I do not care how mad you are. You do not break a game disk. That is one of the 7 deadly gamer sins. You are going to gammer hell.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fwylo
@MildMolasses:  Put the pieces of the disc back in the case, and take it to wherever you bought it and say that you opened it up and it was broken as shit and you want a refund. They'll probably give you a new one hopefully they don't open it, if they do just sell it used for most of your money back.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#28  Edited By Yummylee

I drowned my daughter because I wanted a son so...yeah I can see where you're coming from.
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Evilsbane
YEA LoL I hate those little rage fits, after I dumped a bag of puppies of a bridge I felt better.
crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By crusnchill
@Jack268 said:
" @crusnchill said:
" @MildMolasses said:

Let's hope your GameStop warranty on the disc covers "Bitch fits"...  Oh wait! "
Oooooh doesn't it smell like bacon in here? "
Haha! *Double fist bump and high-five*
Hilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hilbert
@MildMolasses:
@MildMolasses said:

"So I've been playing Just Cause 2, and not enjoying it all. Essentially every element of that game was pissing me off, mostly the controls and the absolute shittiness. Anyway, after restarting a mission for the X time, I got really fed up with the game, opened the disc drive and broke the disc. Naturally I feel like a complete idiot about this and am hoping that others can share a rage quitting story as well.  PS. I actually had JC2 set to the easiest difficulty to alleviate the open world jankiness. Guess that didn't work out. And it should be noted that I've never done anything like this before, but I do have a long history of being very aggrivated by games, going all the way back to Mickey Mousecapades on the NES "

There are two ways of releasing tension, one of them is best not mentioned really. the other..

Get a girlfriend, beat her up instead.
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Afroman269

No Caption Provided
JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JokerClown88

No Caption Provided
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hitchenson

That's pretty fucking stupid.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Insectecutor
@j_drace said:
" @Napalm: LMAO, it says get fixed.  I put that on there when it first broke to remind myself that it needs to be fixed, as if looking at it wasn't a reminder.  I have yet to get it fixed. "
You smashed the shit out of a controller AND your laptop then put a fuckin' sticky note on the laptop to remind you to fix it? Dude, you're dangerous.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MikkaQ

Why not do like a real man and take out your anger at a liquor bottle? Drink two shots for every time a game frustrates you, trust me, within a few hours that game's going to be *awesome*.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By hatking

Blitzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By Blitzer

Yea I kind of understand. I was going to get JC2. But after playing the demo I realized playing the actual game is nothing like watching the trailers where everything looks cool.

< Bored of open world/sandbox games.