I just watched the MK 9 Scrub League

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Azurath

Are there more GB tournament videos like that? That whole thing was awesome, but Vinny's match the best. I heard somewhere a while ago that there was more than one MK tourney, but I can't find it.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Pac-Man is the only one I can think of.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

They should do this for Divekick.

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The Pac-Man scrub league TNT and Warlords cash game are the only others like it that I can remember. I'm pretty sure they did a second Warlords cash game/scrub league on a TNT after the move to the current office, but I can't remember which one it was.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Pac-man and the Warlords cash game is the only ones I can come up with.

I'm down for that. I don't know if they have enough people to make a big bracket though.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By rjpelonia

Like MariachiMacabre said, they had a Pac-Man CE DX Scrub League for TNT back in June 2011. About a month later during the Happy Hour, they decided to have some in-house cash games for Warlords (which starts around the 24:30 mark of that video) and continued to have them even months later in a pre-holiday funsie livestream. This led to a Warlords Scrub League during The Big Live Live Show 3 (which begins at about 1:08:30) featuring a multitude players, majority of which were guests on the show and GameSpot employees.

As for another Mortal Kombat tournament, I don't think there was.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like MariachiMacabre said, they had a Pac-Man CE DX Scrub League for TNT back in June 2011. About a month later during the Happy Hour, they decided to have some in-house cash games for Warlords (which starts around the 24:30 mark of that video) and continued to have them even months later in a pre-holiday funsie livestream. This led to a Warlords Scrub League during The Big Live Live Show 3 (which begins at about 1:08:30) featuring a multitude players, majority of which were guests on the show and GameSpot employees.

As for another Mortal Kombat tournament, I don't think there was.

Awesome, thanks for the link.

Are there any other videos where they just verse each other, Fortune Street style? I'm in the mood for some competition.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Pac-man and the Warlords cash game is the only ones I can come up with.

@immortalsaiyan said:

I'm down for that. I don't know if they have enough people to make a big bracket though.

Divekick is so accessible that anyone around can participate.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By ThePickle

Jeff and Brad played old MK games before 9 came out.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@azurath: Here's a couple of videos I pulled together, some with a slight skew of a "competition"

As ThePickle was referencing, Jeff and Brad played a variety of Mortal Kombat games in anticipation for the release of the new one the very next day.

The Giant Bomb dudes, along with a couple of people from their TNT friends list, split into two teams and faced off in Gears of War 3. They then proceeded to cooperate in both Beast mode and Horde mode afterwards, both of which are also entertaining to watch.

They had a lot of retro marathons, playing a variety of two-player games both cooperatively and competitively. Arguably the most popular instance is them playing Tetris Battle Gaiden on the SNES, the first time during a Members-Only SNES Party and again for a Thursday Night Throwdown which was immediately after their Thursday Afternoon SNES Time, Ya'll (Or TASTY for short).

While not exactly a versus-anything, Brad, Vinny, Jeff, and Patrick bend the definition of "co-op gaming" with their TNT of Dead Island. Really deep down, you could say it was Brad vs. everyone else.

Much like Dead Island, they had a three-part series of "cooperative gameplay" with the Running of the Lanterns in Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, this time Brad, Ryan, Patrick, and Will manning up to the task. Here are parts one, two, and three.

Not barring any non-video games, for two TNTs they have played the party-game-for-everyone Cards Against Humanity. The first time being a conjoined with Jeff playing Star Trek Online and the second gaining main priority while also tagging out Vinny and Joey with Jeff and Brad Muir.

And for completionist sake, here's the Fortune Street TNT you mentioned which was so long it had to be split into part one and part two.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Deranged

They really should do this for Injustice.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By rapid

I think a lot of people been asking for a scrub league for a while, they've said it's tough to organize. I believe they also did a Warlords one in the past as well.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rjpelonia: OH SHIT! I had no idea there was a second Cards Against Humanity video. Thanks, I now how I am spending the next few hours.

Deep-_-Thought

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah scrub leagues were awesome but i think i remember jeff saying that they don't have enough people around to do them anymore.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By EquitasInvictus

If they get GameSpot in on it I think they definitely would have a good pool for Scrub Leagues. That'd be a much better live stream since they're not doing regular Professional Wednesdays anymore!

Aaahhhhhhh this thread is making be crave a new Scrub League.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Azurath

If they get GameSpot in on it I think they definitely would have a good pool for Scrub Leagues. That'd be a much better live stream since they're not doing regular Unprofessional Wednesdays anymore!

Scurb League is subscriber content, right? I have a feeling GameSpot wouldn't want their workforce taken from them, even for a few hours, if their fanbase can't watch. That's just a guess though.

I don't care if it's specifically Scrub Leaugue, I just want things like Monaco the other week, with in-house multiplayer (if that's the right term).

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is still one of my favorites. Jeff, Vinny, Patrick, and Coonce head to head at the end of the Super Street Fighter IV TNT.

If that's the one where Jeff gets mad salty after getting beaten by Patrick's button-mashing Hakan then I love that shit.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@azurath said:

@equitasinvictus said:

If they get GameSpot in on it I think they definitely would have a good pool for Scrub Leagues. That'd be a much better live stream since they're not doing regular Unprofessional Wednesdays anymore!

Scurb League is subscriber content, right? I have a feeling GameSpot wouldn't want their workforce taken from them, even for a few hours, if their fanbase can't watch. That's just a guess though.

I don't care if it's specifically Scrub Leaugue, I just want things like Monaco the other week, with in-house multiplayer (if that's the right term).

The archives are definitely subscriber but I know Scrub Leagues in TNTs at the very least are universally available streamed and actually accessible on Twitch. So I don't think the Scrub League strictly needs to be subscriber content; I feel like Giant Bomb already has a fair breadth of semi-regular subscriber content as is to eliminate the need for making Scrub League subscriber-only as it might have been originally.

If GameSpot and GiantBomb collaborated for *Professional Wednesdays (mistyped it on my original post), I'm sure a Scrub League could be worked out; but yeah, it would definitely not be subscriber-only.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@thepickle: I love that retrospect video of mk. I think it's easily the video I've watched the most on the site.

Anyway, I'd love to,see an Injustice scrub league of sorts or just go back to mk9 again.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By myke_tuna

@variable_ said:

This is still one of my favorites. Jeff, Vinny, Patrick, and Coonce head to head at the end of the Super Street Fighter IV TNT.

If that's the one where Jeff gets mad salty after getting beaten by Patrick's button-mashing Hakan then I love that shit.

I remember that shit. Just the look on Jeff's face after that happens is crazy. Poor, poor Jeff laughed it off and then sat there stewing on the bullshit that had ensued. "How could I have lost to such nonsense?"

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OllyOxenFree

@myketuna said:

@ollyoxenfree said:

@variable_ said:

I remember that shit. Just the look on Jeff's face after that happens is crazy. Poor, poor Jeff laughed it off and then sat there stewing on the bullshit that had ensued. "How could I have lost to such nonsense?"

No Caption Provided

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Azurath

@myketuna said:

@ollyoxenfree said:

@variable_ said:

No Caption Provided

I literally just finished this video and checked this thread to see if more people had posted videos. I'm making that picture my Facebook cover.