This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Rirse (267 posts) -

I really like Patrick on Giant Bomb and actually do enjoy him being on the podcast and doing QLs, but in the past month there been six Spookin' With Scopes, with a seventh one coming up in 15 minutes. There been no other premium content this month beyond the usual TNTs, and frankly wish he would just give this segment a break.

#2 Posted by Mijati (937 posts) -
@Rirse said:

I really like Patrick on Giant Bomb and actually do enjoy him being on the podcast and doing QLs, but in the past month there been six Spookin' With Scopes, with a seventh one coming up in 15 minutes. There been no other premium content this month beyond the usual TNTs, and frankly wish he would just give this segment a break.

He's doing them with more frequency as it's around Halloween, so I imagine they'll go down in frequency in the coming months. Plus most of the time he does it when he's at home late at night, it's not stopping other content being produced. So if you don't like it, don't watch it.
#3 Edited by JoeyRavn (4992 posts) -

Your post translates to "boo-hoo stop doing things I don't like":

1. It's Spooking with Scoops, not Scopes. If you're gonna hate on something, at least take the time to know its name.

2. Why do you care if Patrick puts out many videos? He does Spooking with Scoops in his free time. It doesn't impact at all the normal schedule of the GB crew. The thing that's going live in 15 minutes is something that both Patrick and Ryan wanted to do, not really Spooking with Scoops strictly speaking.

Seriously, boo-hoo.

@Rirse said:

@Mijati: I know that's the case and yeah I haven't watched any of them yet (but heard bad opinions from people who did), but it feels like Giant Bomb only does one premium content per week and Patrick doing this means nobody else is going to do one.

Again, bullshit. Patrick doing something late at night at home is the same as Jeff doing his Jar Time alone at home: zero impact on the office-hour videos.

#4 Posted by Yummylee (22039 posts) -

What? Spookin' with Scoops isn't deviating resources or whatever from other premium videos if that's what you're getting at, and you can always just... not watch it if it still bothers you. If anything you should be grateful for Patrick since he's running this neat little feature out of his own time.

Also there was a Random PC Game video posted fairly recently as well as that Sims Golf thing throughout October. Oh, and we've currently got a Friday the Thirteenth ER coming up in a few minutes.

#5 Posted by EuanDewar (5028 posts) -

Whatever happened to that Jurassic Park thing

#6 Posted by cmblasko (1281 posts) -

You are calling for an end to a premium content feature and decrying the lack of premium content in the same post.

#7 Posted by Yummylee (22039 posts) -

Ha, I just noticed the typo, Spookin' with Scopes sounds kinda pervy.

#8 Posted by casper_ (907 posts) -

who cares dude its more content and isnt taking away from current content.

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

1. It's Spooking with Scoops, not Scopes.

This should now be a feature. I don't know how, but it should.

#10 Edited by core1065 (544 posts) -

Not to sound like a jackass here but; If you don't like them, then don't watch them. PROBLEM SOLVED!!! I personally love Spookin with Scoops and will continue to watch them.

#11 Posted by BeachThunder (12085 posts) -

Well, I wish there were more Spookin' with Scoops...

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (15009 posts) -

Hey, shut up. Thanks.

#13 Edited by liako21 (526 posts) -

its halloween....sooo i thought that was the point? unless im missing something.

#14 Posted by ShaggE (6543 posts) -

Ahem... Spookin' With Scopes? Patrick noscopes. EMMM ELLLL GEEEEEEEE, DAWG!

#15 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

What's Spookin' with Scopes?

#16 Posted by believer258 (11984 posts) -

I missed the System Shock 2 one that was on last night (or this morning, if you want to be correct) and it doesn't seem to have been archived yet.

All right, no, I haven't seen any of them, but I want to and will make time to.

#17 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

Patrick himself said that he will ease off after October. This one coming up shortly is Patrick and Ryan playing Friday the 13th in the office (notice that regular Spookin' sessions are like 4am GMT/8pm whatever time zone San Francisco is in). He's not doing any more till he gets his PC, after which it'll be like Jar Time I guess.

@EuanDewar said:

This is what I want to know. What little they did during the Big Live Live Show was pretty good.

#18 Posted by Yummylee (22039 posts) -

@believer258 said:

I missed the System Shock 2 one that was on last night (or this morning, if you want to be correct) and it doesn't seem to have been archived yet.

All right, no, I haven't seen any of them, but I want to and will make time to.

You should skip the first episode since it's nigh unwatchable. But when he digs into some 2D games, it's pretty great. Also watching Patrick go through cardiac arrest every time he plays Slender is devilishly hilarious.

#19 Posted by Akyho (1677 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

Well he is doing Spooking with Scoops since it Halloween. So once that has died down it. He will probs cycle back and forth one. Not meaning one a week, just do a spookin then a park and flippy floppy.

Jurassic might be reserved for in office recording so others can get involved.

#20 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Considering he's doing it in his own time (at home), what the hell are you complaining about? It's not like its stopping any other premium content from coming out. Don't like, dont watch

#21 Posted by myketuna (1723 posts) -

I have to agree with everyone here. Just don't watch them. I don't think your opinion of them being too frequent is dumb, just the idea that because of that frequency, Patrick should stop doing them.

Patrick does them all by himself, so there isn't a drain on the crew and there also isn't a magical "One Premium thing a week" motto as far as I know. I think the other guys have just been busy reviewing shit like Assassins Creed, Medal of Honor, and Halo to do anything else. Patrick hasn't been bogged down by any of that (I don't think he's reviewed anything after Dishonored).

#22 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Troll or just plain stupid?

You be judge, today...ON GIANT BOMB!

#23 Posted by MB (12701 posts) -

If you don't like it, don't watch it. Solved.