#1 Posted by Azurath (307 posts) -

Long story short, I purchased a 2 year warranty for my Vita the day I bought it, and I contacted Sony earlier this week regarding screen burn-in. They sent me the packing and told me they would repair it, but the information given in the box says I need a copy of my reciept.

I looked for it, and can't seem to find it. I bought the console at GameStop, and the purchase is listed in my PowerUp Rewards account. Can I go into GameStop and get a new reciept?

I don't know if this matters, but I bought the console a year ago.

#2 Edited by MysteriousFawx (383 posts) -

Screen burn? On a Vita? Mine turns itself off after 10 mins and is a pain as it pauses downloads...how did you manage that?

#3 Edited by Azurath (307 posts) -

@mysteriousfawx: I was under the impression that screen burn was a very normal happening with OLEDs. I know for a fact that there were a few big discussions on it when the Vita was first released, with people saying that the OLED life span is only a year.

I keep my Vita in absolute pristine condition. I also never put the brightness all the way up (I tend to keep it in the middle). I'm not too worried about it, they said I am covered, and the reason I bought the warranty was specifically for something like this.

My main concern is getting this thing to them with a reciept....

#4 Edited by Scratch (628 posts) -

I don't see how they would be able to get you a new receipt. But you could ask them to give their "official approval" on a printout of the purchases on your rewards account? Maybe pull up an order ID#, date of purchase, location of purchase etc. Then maybe somehow convince Sony that you did indeed buy it at a Gamestop. I don't know, that's the only solution the way I see it.

#5 Edited by Azurath (307 posts) -

@scratch: Do you think I should maybe contact Sony again and ask them what to do? I am trading in a couple games later anyway, so I will be at Gamestop regardless.

#6 Posted by Scratch (628 posts) -

@azurath: I suppose you could ask Sony if sending something other than a receipt as "proof of purchase" would be acceptable. It could work. Doesn't hurt to try.

#7 Edited by MysteriousFawx (383 posts) -

@scratch: I am now super paranoid about screen burn on my Vita... I'll end up with the Persona 4 dialogue box outlined on my screen or something...

Edit - Totally replied to the wrong person...I'm on form today clearly....

#8 Edited by AgnosticJesus (544 posts) -

What's your address? You can borrow my receipt and get the repair.

#9 Posted by Azurath (307 posts) -

@mysteriousfawx: It sucks, but hey, at least they cover it in the warranty. Beauty comes at a price, I suppose.

For the record, the browser's side bar, and top black bar which holds the time and battery life are what are burned into my screen. I have spent WAY more time on the broswer than I have playing actual games, so it makes sense.

#10 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

Also you should be able to get a reprint of the receipt. Most stores are able to do that with just some basic information.

#11 Edited by Azurath (307 posts) -

EDIT: replied to the wrong duder, dammit.

I'm not really sure if you're serious or not, but I gave them my Vita's serial number in order to get the shipping box mailed to me. I know that the reciept has the serial number matching my Vita on it, thanks though.

@devilzrule27 said:

Also you should be able to get a reprint of the receipt. Most stores are able to do that with just some basic information.

This is the plan as of now. Here's hoping it works.

#12 Edited by Azurath (307 posts) -

Figured I should update. I contacted Sony, and they informed me that my purchase is on record, so a reciept isn't neccesary. :D

I should be sending my Vita on Monday.