#1 Posted by pompouspizza (291 posts) -

I'm picking up the new blue one and I'm trading in my old console so I can get it. How does content that you have downloaded work?, will formatting my system be enough or do I have to deactivate it? I read online that it can only be done once every 6 months so If I deactivate my old ps3 will I be able to re activate my new one, I'm so confused. Sorry for all the questions.

#2 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (990 posts) -

You can deactivate/activate your SEN/PSN account on a console as much as you want, but you have to have access to that console for you to do it that way. If for some reason you do not have access to that console you can log in here (click manage account) and you can deactivate your consoles, but you have do deactivate all of them and can only do that every 6 months.

Just read this if you have any problems.

#3 Posted by phantomzxro (1565 posts) -

You can also transfer your data from the old one to the new one pretty easily in the settings.

#4 Edited by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

I want to buy a new ps2 right now

#5 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

You can only have your PSN account active on 2 consoles at one time so I would suggest deactivating your account on your current system. If you have PS+ then move over all the saves you want into the cloud (or I guess you could just put them on a USB stick). Once you've signed in and activated your account on the new system you'll be able to re download everything you've purchased.

#6 Posted by probablytuna (3550 posts) -

@damisterchief said:

I want to buy a new ps2 right now

I also would like to buy one as well. I recently just bought a new copy of Persona 4 just for the hell of it and now I want a PS2 to play it on, even though I've played P4G on Vita.

#7 Posted by seamus85 (116 posts) -

i was also thinking of picking up a spare ps3 for the bedroom, but i was thinking white for the colour

#8 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

@seamus85 said:

i was also thinking of picking up a spare ps3 for the bedroom, but i was thinking white for the colour

I just bought this one. It's a fairly good value.

#9 Posted by seamus85 (116 posts) -
#10 Posted by pompouspizza (291 posts) -

@lego_my_eggo: Thanks you have helped a lot, I decided to deactivate all my devices via the website because I didn't realize my old ps3 and psp were still activated and I don't own those systems anymore so I had to do it that way, if i sign in to a device with my account does that automatically activate it or do I have to do it manually?

#11 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (990 posts) -

@pompouspizza: I don't think just signing in will activate it, but downloading anything should activate it automatically for you. If for some reason you cant download your old stuff you may have to do it manually.