I'm gonna miss Patrick.

• 62 results
hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I know, I know. He's not leaving GB, blah blah.

I just feel that him being there with the rest of the bomb squad is a huge plus. There's something to be said for the energy between the crew during the bombcast, and the video content. Patrick is funny, and it is refreshing to have a different set of tastes in the bomb crew(Yoshi's Island, Monster Hunter). I'm not cancelling my sub or anything(lol), but I will miss him.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Video content will become better. The others will have to step their performances up. And not just sit there, and let Patrick do all the talking work.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, as much as I give him shit for sometimes acting like he knows way more about a series or genre than he actually does, he's generally an interesting dude to have around, and I'll miss him. I feel like he TRIES to believe in the idea of some weirder indie games more than most of the staff. It kinda falls on...Jeff now, I guess? He seems to be one of the only people that leads indie game QLs aside from Patrick.

mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has really been a good source of new material. Even with video segments ect. Jarrasic Lark, Bioforge.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I will be interested in seeing if I start to enjoy QL's more now. I don't hate the guy like some people do around here, but I just don't find him funny or entertaining most of the time and I came to GB to laugh and be entertained. Since he started being on so many QL's I find myself watching the first 5-10 min then turning them off out of boredom. IDK if it's pat, bad games, my just getting tired of Gb's schtick or what it is. All I know is I stopped really enjoying QL's when he started being in so many. Which is funny because I find him pretty good in the live show stuff and on the podcasts.

Will see if the other guys step it up or if now that he's gone we just start seeing one man QL's or a lot less of them all together.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6  Edited By impartialgecko

Patrick kept trying new things which is something that the others have fallen out of doing. Granted Ryan and Vinny's lives in particular have become hectic to the point where they can't devote a weekend to EVE Online, but it will be sad when they go back to playing the things they're familiar with again.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That move is happening soon isn't it?

Bummer....

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like patrick too. I never understood all the hate he gets from some people on the site. It's gonna be rough without him for a while, but like so many people have said before me, the others are gonna have to step up their game again. Everything will be fine, but I'm gonna miss having him on the Bombcast (assuming they don't skype him in or something).

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick really did bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to this site. Hopefully he can continue to do that in some capacity even after the move; he had some good ideas in regards to maintaining that in the prE3 Q&A video he did. But yeah, now who's gonna quietly, barely-audibly laugh at literally everything Jeff says on the podcast?

Valle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Valle

Will miss him, really the only one on the crew going for the "side tracks". Most indie titles ive been playing the last two years have been brought to light by Patrick. Same goes for stuff like monster hunter and the whole eve bonanza. Its important with some counterweight to the more mainstream and sometimes slightly blasé kind of gaming journalism gb is primary focusing on. Its a great loss.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Iceland trip and the Dumptruck are some of the most unique pieces of content to come from Giant Bomb since the Persona 4 ER. Damn right I'm gonna miss him being there every week.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Nux

I too will miss him. At least we will still get Spookin ' with Scoops, so it's not like he is completely gone.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Patrick always gives a shit and likes to try new things. And I can respect that.

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we start a White House petition to have Patrick Skype into the Podcast for at least 10-15 minutes each week for the Klepek "Scoops" Minute?

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By beeftothetaco

I'll miss his enthusiasm and news coverage. Everything else, not so much.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

"You left just when you were becoming interesting..."
Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chibithor

I joined when he was already settled in, so it's going to be weird for me. Never experienced Patrick-less Giant Bomb for more than a week or so. I hope the amount of Quick Looks he's in isn't indicative of how much interest/time the other guys have, going to be real dry content wise if that's the case.

Oh and if nothing else, that guy can get excited about stuff.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By korolev

As others have said, he just started to really fit in. I ain't gonna lie - for the first few months, he wasn't that good at being a part of the crew. But that's a role you grow into, and Patrick became more comfortable and found a good rhythm. He became just like any other part of the GB crew... and now he's leaving. That sucks, I know. But he wants to fulfill a promise to his family and this is a journey he needs to make. For what it is worth (probably nothing from a nobody like me), I'll miss your appearances on QLs and Friday's Patrick.

I was tempted to send you a giant novelty fork, but I can't find one here in Australia.

planetary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I will appreciate the return to the classic crew on the Bombcast and on most videos. Patrick is ok for news, but I don't like him nearly as much as I do the old crew. I wish him the best in Chicago, but won't really miss him!

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

Been visiting the site since it's inception and let me say Patrick is the single greatest thing to ever happen to Giant Bomb. Sucks he won't be in the office anymore, but I can't wait to see what he does with this new freedom he will have.

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#23  Edited By bassguy

Patrick is a big part of my enjoyment of Giant Bomb, so I really hope his telecommuting works out.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll miss him because he is the only guy that actually creates content at this point.

Shingro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick has been instrumental in getting the rest of the GB crew to expand their horizons. He's also probably the most curious (Brad probably being the runner up) which means he asks questions, experiments with new things and is generally a really good influence on everyone else. I have no idea who they're going to get to give weird stuff a fair shake (jrps for example)

Alas, taken from us too soon in the Pothole Incident of 2013...

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it's the start of a new feature.
Skype-in Quick Looks, since it just wouldn't be the same without Patrick in every single Quick Look.

But no, yeah, I'll miss something that he did at some point, I'm sure.
I'm not exactly sure what that is yet since stuff like Spookin' With Scoops is probably still a thing and his articles can still be written on his keyboard even if he moved it to somewhere totally different

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

hopefully that just means rorie will jump in his place. rorie knows the biz.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By hwy_61

I think Rorie's role is more web design, or something in that vain. It'd be nice to have him on bombcasts, ECT, though!

BirthWild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Patrick Klepek is a king amongst men, I will miss him in the office, but am happy he will still be spookin' and making videos and writing, but I hope his wife and him have an excellent move and excellent time where ever they are.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

im glad that patrick is still going to be a part of GB , im also glad that hes not going to be a dominant part of the majority of quick looks/ podcasts. when is this happening btw?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Milkman

This, from Vinny's Tumblr, made me really sad...

No Caption Provided

:(

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hwy_61

When Vinny is sad, I am sad. :(

majinace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 12

my finger isn't on the pulse, where is patrick going?

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know who else is going to miss him? Brad, mainly during the Game of the Year bombcasts since he and Patrick usually team up.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@fourwude said:

Video content will become better. The others will have to step their performances up. And not just sit there, and let Patrick do all the talking work.

Good point, they will have to talk more, but I just don't really find Ryan's and Brads contribution to videos interesting, they aren't that funny unless they're paired with someone (and even then Brad just sort of laughs and doesn't add much to commentary) , and it seems when Patrick leaves, they'll do the most videos unfortunately.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but Patrick got me on to Monster Hunter so he's awesome.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

I love Patrick, and I hope his new life in Chicago goes really well for him =) I'll miss him from the main content on the site quite a bit; but I am also happy knowing that his life is moving forward

<>

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By ThePickle

@majinace said:

my finger isn't on the pulse, where is patrick going?

Chicago.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4wka3dJ4P1r4iijb.gif

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I am happy we are going back to 4 man bombcasts (hopefully), it isn't an anti-Patrick thing, I just don't like the format as much. Definitely will miss him, i really dig his energy and his willingness to try new things, I have picked up and played games out of my wheel house just because of his attitude on Monster Hunter and Dark Souls. Hopefully he will keep the content coming remotely.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So that E3 thing was his last live stream with the guys wasn't it? =(

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm inclined to with hold any judgement until it is possible to see what Patrick ends up doing when he is out of HQ. Though I sort of hope Giant bomb might develop a better setup to allow for call in guests. This would be a Patrick / Alex thing, but would also extend to maybe diving into more cross-over content (fingers crossed for Michael Pachter on the bombcast for 1 segment or similar......).

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

uh... there's still gonna be an E3 next year you know.

(plus he'll come back for GOTY stuff)

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

He is leaving next weekend, so there is still Friday.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By casper_

no offense to him and i think he contributes some good stuff to the site and obviously works incredibly hard but i'm looking forward to being able to watch video content/listen to the bombcast again.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'll certainly miss him too. He had his bad qualities (nothing that you couldn't say about Jeff or Brad though) but was always high energy and hasn't yet reached total cynicism.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go bears!

I'll miss him. Was hoping they were going to chain Danny O'd to a desk to help try fill the gap.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By benpicko

@fourwude said:

Video content will become better. The others will have to step their performances up.

Do you really believe this is going to happen? That's what people were saying when they moved offices too, so are we going to have a new 'They're still getting settled into the new offices'?

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with most of you here ... There are things about him I don't like but heck thats true for every member of the crew (besides Vinny since he is the perfec human being), but his accomplishment was that he brought a new spin to the Bombcast and did Quicklooks of stuff we probably would never have seen otherwise. He will be missed.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm going to miss seeing him in almost everything. It's gonna be a weird transistion from seeing Scoops 90% of the time to almost zero.