• 62 results
s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By s-a-n-JR

He works hard and is always willing to try out new things or give things he's formed an initial bad opinion on a fair shot, which is more than I can say for a lot of the other bombcrew. I'll def miss seeing him in videos, but I hope he'll be able to Skype in for the occasional bombcast (not really sure what the time differences are there).

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you asked me a year ago, i woulda said, yeah i wouldn't miss him at all. I kinda hated him a first if i'm being totally honest.

But now? Yeah, the little bugger has grown on me. His whole "hipster" indie-first attitude, all his weird quirks.(and yes, Patrick is a total video game hipster and thats OK! he's allowed to be. Giantbomb needed a game hipster and thats Patrick he fits it perfectly) They've grown on me, so sure, i might disagree with the guy alot, but i like him! He's a cool dude. I'd enjoy having a few drinks with him and picking his brain about video games. That'd be fun.

Keep your presence on the site strong Klepek, don't just write two articles a week. I expect more from you dude!

So Scoop on Scoops, and don't you dare shave that goatee, it makes you look not twelve.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

If you asked me a year ago, i woulda said, yeah i wouldn't miss him at all. I kinda hated him a first if i'm being totally honest.

Pretty much where I came from, but somewhere along the line I decided that I was decidedly pro-scoops. Maybe it was the Spookin', maybe it was me getting really tired of the hate, or maybe it was his drive to play games outside of his comfort zone. In any case, I'll be interested to see what will happen once he's not in the office anymore. It's been a while since the 4-man bombcast was the usual, and in some way it will be weird going back.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Me too man it's going to be weird. I feel like we should do something but I don't know what.

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By EnduranceFun

Nah, personally I think this was the right choice. Patrick gets to have a family life and move back to where all his friends are while focusing on his games journalism rather than being the pack mule.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What a thread.
Reading through these comments, I remember my first impressions of Patrick for about a year - it wasn't stellar.

However, over the course of late 2012 and all of 2013, he has surpassed all my expectations, and I actually consider my own opinions and views more in line with his. I love the questions he asks when he interviews people, how he's willing to take risks, not just with videogames and genres (Monsters Hunter for example) but also the whole trip to Iceland, and he's been such a contributing factor to the bombcast.

His content will sorely be missed - but there is a silver lining here.

Patrick always talks about how he wants to write - so I'm looking forward to reading more and more in depth articles from him, and hopefully him and Alex will figure out that morning show thing...

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What a thread.

Reading through these comments, I remember my first impressions of Patrick for about a year - it wasn't stellar.

However, over the course of late 2012 and all of 2013, he has surpassed all my expectations, and I actually consider my own opinions and views more in line with his. I love the questions he asks when he interviews people, how he's willing to take risks, not just with videogames and genres (Monsters Hunter for example) but also the whole trip to Iceland, and he's been such a contributing factor to the bombcast.

Patrick always talks about how he wants to write - so I'm looking forward to reading more and more in depth articles from him, and hopefully him and Alex will figure out that morning show thing...

I love the dynamic between those two. The way they were busting each other's balls at PAX was really funny.

RevanNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, he can do what he does best: writing articles. I always liked his writing but I don't like him in Quick Looks. He spends far too much time fiddling in menus, explaining the obvious, or spend minutes wasting on explaining gameplay mechanics that really don't need to be explained. But then again, Giant Bomb needs to establish a rule that any member of the crew can be in Quick Looks, as long as one of them is either Vinny or Jeff. Every other combination doesn't work in my view.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hwy_61 said:

@bemusedchunk said:

What a thread.

I love the dynamic between those two. The way they were busting each other's balls at PAX was really funny.

I'm with you man.

The fact that they are also from some big cities (Chicago/New York) also lends well to their dynamic.

I'm not talking smack about San Fransisco (I love that place, actually) - it's just a very different city then say Chicago or New York...

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#60  Edited By ADAMWD

I'll miss having him around, but I think his strength's lie in his writing/interviewing, which moving will probably give him more time to focus on those two things. He'll still be able to do SWS and jar time whatever. We're really only losing him on QLs and UF. Rorie can probably fill the void on that stuff pretty well.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bearded Patrick took things to the next level in ways that unbearded Patrick couldn't and now all Patricks are being taken away. These are dark times.

quasar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will be missed. Aside from Dave, the one giantbomb person whose taste has overlap woth mine.

Still dont understand why he doesnt just continue on the podcast via skype. Pretty much every other podcast I listen to is built on skype.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By cutyoface

I am really gonna miss him in videos. Recently it seems he is the one putting the most effort into them. (aside from Drew and Vinny)

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By Drebin_893

I'm looking forward to his written content, and I'm really pleased he won't be on the Bombcast or Quick Looks anymore.