• 109 results
#1 Edited by Red12b (9074 posts) -

this is it isn't it? after E3 he's moving to Chicago right?

fuck man, I know he's still going to have an active role on the site like Alex, and it'l allow him time to do some of that sweet ass reporting he's known for, and that'l be cool and all, but, man, I know there are detractors of his, who still can't get over the fact there was a new voice on the podcast, and yeah, sure, sometimes it takes him awhile to get to the point of the argument, but you had to admit, he still had a level of enthusiasm, it was fresh, sure it wasn't on the Level of Vinny, even with sleep deprivation and a child sucking the life force slowly but surely out of his pores that Vinny still has in spades,

I dunno, the lack of his presence is gonna be felt in UPF and the podcast, it's just gonna feel a little less.

Gonna miss ya Klepek, Dude's been Awesome.

-Favourite couple moments,

100 foot lava man!

The money machine

screaming "FUCK YOU JEFF!" in the last UPF

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14561 posts) -

He isn't leaving but yeah not having him on Video content and podcasts is going to be a real real bummer.

#3 Posted by Red12b (9074 posts) -

He isn't leaving but yeah not having him on Video content and podcasts is going to be a real real bummer.

I know, but, he is, he's leaving for Chicago, the lack of his presence is gonna be felt,

it's gonna suck,

for awhile.

#4 Edited by chocolaterhinovampire (1287 posts) -

I just hope that someone else picks up the content slack. Patrick's passion and energy will be greatly missed.

#5 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2301 posts) -

:(

#6 Edited by Raineko (433 posts) -

Patrick is one of my favorites, I don't know what some people have against him.

Not gonna lie, I think he is one of the most intelligent out of the staff.

#8 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -
#9 Edited by JacDG (2113 posts) -

I'm not a huge fan of Patrick, I think a lot of people have mentioned his shortcomings, but he did bring a lot to the site in a positive manner as well and got me interested in several games I wouldn't have been otherwise (though, I haven't actually purchased or played most of them). Let's just wait for his Q&A vid to see what we can expect from a Patrick-less Giant Bomb office, I'm sure his departure will result in some positive things.

#10 Posted by StealthRaptor (526 posts) -

R.I.P. Scoops

2011-2013

#11 Posted by Winternet (8004 posts) -

I don't know who this Klepeck guy is. Is he one of the engineering team?

#12 Edited by ToTheNines (640 posts) -

Not always the content I want to watch. But you gotta admit, that he currently is or is in 50 percent of the content on GB.

Glad you're still a part of GB, Patrick.

#13 Posted by Red12b (9074 posts) -

I don't know who this Klepeck guy is. Is he one of the engineering team?

yea, he was Dave's replacement,

cheers for looking out, edited,

To be fair tho, it is 5 am, and i'm about to head to work on 2 hours sleeps so...yay

#14 Edited by Chaser324 (6322 posts) -

I'm pretty sure he's still in the office the week after E3 as well, so there's still a bit of time.

#15 Posted by Legion_ (1254 posts) -

It's Klepek, not Klepeck. Also, it sounds like a name from Star Trek. Try to say it over and over. Klepek, Klepek, Klepek, Kleptok. Yeah, Patrick Kleptok.

#16 Edited by Winternet (8004 posts) -

@red12b: Just eff it and go listen to Jeff's ramblings for the rest of those 2 hours.

#17 Edited by NoobSauceG7 (1232 posts) -

I am gonna miss him to. He has really grown a lot on camera during his time at the Giant Bomb office and always has something interesting to say about a topic.

#18 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -

I know , man . I'm %100 with ya :(

#19 Posted by ch3burashka (5005 posts) -

It's not common, but they could Skype him in now and then.

From what I understand, he'll still be writing for the site (even more so, from what he says) but yeah, it's a bummer. He was cool guy that doesn't afraid of anything.

#20 Posted by Red12b (9074 posts) -

@red12b: Just eff it and go listen to Jeff's ramblings for the rest of those 2 hours.

i'm leaving for work now,

see ya

#22 Edited by sirdesmond (1234 posts) -

I just hope that someone else picks up the content slack. Patrick's passion and energy will be greatly missed.

Yea, without him getting them done how many less Quick Looks (and great audio interviews) would we have had over the last few months?

#23 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

When I started visiting GB again Patrick had just been hired. Kinda sad to see him go. :(

#24 Edited by Animasta (14648 posts) -

yeah I'll miss him :(

#26 Edited by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@animasta said:

@rorschach72 said:

@jimmyfenix said:

@rorschach72 said:

I won't.

dont be that guy

What guy? All I said is I won't. I didn't start calling him names or anything.

what point was there to say that though?

That's being rude.

on topic, yeah I'll miss him :(

In my opinion I could be a lot more rude seeing as he single handily ruined my favorite site (or at the very least make it less enjoyable.)

ruined? so hyperbolicc

#27 Posted by Mystyr_E (1189 posts) -

I'm not gonna be "that guy" so I'm not gonna say what I feel about the matter :P

#28 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

@rorschach72 said:

@animasta said:

@rorschach72 said:

@jimmyfenix said:

@rorschach72 said:

I won't.

dont be that guy

What guy? All I said is I won't. I didn't start calling him names or anything.

what point was there to say that though?

That's being rude.

on topic, yeah I'll miss him :(

In my opinion I could be a lot more rude seeing as he single handily ruined my favorite site (or at the very least make it less enjoyable.)

Here, let me meet you at an equal level of emotional maturity.

*fat noise*

Scoops is dope, I'm gonna miss a lot of his contributions.

#29 Edited by Quarters (1628 posts) -

I'm getting really bummed about it too. I didn't think about it much at first, but now that it's almost happening, and after the last Spookin' and UPF, I realized that the place is going to seem a little emptier now.

#30 Edited by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

@rorschach72: Don't be so melodramatic. He's an alright guy that does alright work.

And yeah, I'll miss him. The duder grew on me.

#31 Posted by scalpel (314 posts) -

You and everyone else in this thread, since any dissent is getting deleted.

He was fun in the Bioforge videos and live streams. Never read any of his articles, though.

#32 Posted by Boom_goes_the_dynamite (692 posts) -

Yeah I will too, especially on the podcasts, especially recently being an opposing voice in some discussions that would have seemed far too negative had Patrick not been there.

#33 Edited by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Welp, my favorite staff member is leaving but its ok, still the only gaming site I've ever been interested in visiting.

#34 Edited by Flappy (2127 posts) -

I still get a laugh whenever I spot some Patrick hate in the comments. Not fully understood it myself, but to each their own, I guess.

Patrick is a cool dude and I'll miss the energy he brought to the site on a regular basis. Bring in the next new guy! What's that Kessler cat up to nowadays?

#35 Edited by TMThomsen (2070 posts) -

Spookin' with Scoops is his best contribution to the site in my personal opinion, and that feature will thankfully stay intact.

#36 Posted by DeathByWaffle (629 posts) -

I'm going to miss him a lot also. I think it took him a bit to fully gel with the rest of the crew, but recently they've really developed a good rapport. I do live in Chicago though, so maybe I'll spot Patrick on the CTA sometime.

#37 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1086 posts) -

Probably gonna have more Spookin' With Scoops if you are a sub, which is good and may make me resub.

#38 Edited by JasonR86 (9605 posts) -

Aww.

#39 Posted by WarlordPayne (694 posts) -

I've really appreciated his recent push to try games outside of his comfort zone. Watching his Monster Hunter quick look and listening to him talking about it on the podcast was such a nice change from the uninformed bullshit from the rest of the crew.

He played and talked intelligently about a lot of games that no one else on the podcast would even try, and I'm going to miss that an awful lot.

#40 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -

I don't know if I will miss him, but his absence will be felt. Patrick has been the go to guy for content lately, be it quick looks or anything really. The guy has been more active than any other member of the staff. Hopefully everyone else will pick up the slack when he leaves. And hopefully this also leads to more Vinny piloted quick looks.

#41 Edited by RobotSquad (213 posts) -

I've never been a fan of the man, but I don't have anything against him personally. Having him still writing but not in Quick Looks or the podcast is sort of a win-win for me. Sorry if this doesn't exactly fit the vibe of the topic.

#42 Posted by SlashDance (1804 posts) -

*With Clem's voice*

Meeee toooooo. :(

#43 Edited by thatdutchguy (1271 posts) -

Yeah, i will miss the dude too, sad to see him go.

#44 Posted by probablytuna (3533 posts) -

I enjoy his written articles more so than his video content to be honest, so if moving back to Chicago leads to more interesting articles I'm fine with that.

#45 Posted by onetwentyse7en (14 posts) -

Sad to see him go. I feel like he brought a lot to the podcasts.

#46 Edited by Digiwth (149 posts) -

I am really going to miss him being in the office. Patrick seemed like the only one trying to adapt to the recent and rapid maturation of video games and treating them like they're something more.

#47 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6385 posts) -

They should have him Skype in for podcasts on occasion.

#48 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

Why is he leaving San Francisco?

#49 Posted by ZEROprime (2 posts) -

I'm going to miss the F out of him.

#50 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

*With Clem's voice*

Meeee toooooo. :(

Gah, way to make this thread like a billion times more sad.