• 98 results
#51 Edited by Snail (8648 posts) -

Good stuff.

You're probably only making this harder for them if they do eventually change the title.

#52 Edited by Marmalade (192 posts) -

I personally like the grime on the text as it makes it feel like it's part of the scene whereas regular bright clean text contrasts a little bit too much.

#53 Posted by elpurplemonkey (153 posts) -

@brandonleedy: Option 2 for me. This is some dope work duder. Great job!

#54 Edited by stalefishies (343 posts) -

Original but with the dirty letters. Let's not stretch this beep beep joke thinner than it already is.

#55 Edited by Chaser324 (6716 posts) -

@snail: Jeff submitted the feed to iTunes on Friday with that name, so it's locked in for the foreseeable future.

#56 Posted by VarkhanMB (161 posts) -

@brandonleedy: Option 2 looks best in my opinion. Great work, duder!

#57 Posted by Chaser324 (6716 posts) -

I vote option 2, as well.

#58 Edited by 8Bit_Archer (461 posts) -

Yeah man this is great hope they use it!

#59 Edited by TheHBK (5554 posts) -

The trucks need afros

#60 Edited by PillClinton (3292 posts) -

That's awesome. Really like the font and color choices and texture. Good stuff.

#61 Edited by Zleunamme (696 posts) -

Awesome, you did a great job.

#62 Edited by big_jon (5772 posts) -

@brandonleedy:

Love it, I also love how you made the truck a Tri-axle as if to say that a regular tandem axle is just not enough to handle this load.

@jesterroyal:

#63 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I'm a bigger fan of 1/3, but mostly because I prefer the cleaner look over a more pixelated style.

#64 Edited by Tidel (360 posts) -

@brandonleedy: Option 2, for sure. Love the colour and texture. Kerning could be better, but that's finicky biz. I think the font is fine, the leading is fine and I dig the pixelated beep-beep.

Great work duder.

#65 Edited by Majkiboy (994 posts) -

1 or 3, the pixelated stuff breaks out of the image a bit too much for my taste. Awesome nonetheless!

#66 Edited by Branthog (5595 posts) -

I have to admit, I don't get the "beep beep". That's the sound a shitty little English car makes; not a dump truck.

#67 Edited by gla55jAw (2693 posts) -

I like Option 2. Also, Dump Truck is two words. Just sayin.

#68 Edited by TheCreamFilling (1229 posts) -

Where's the front bumper?

#69 Posted by Marino (4749 posts) -

@branthog said:

I have to admit, I don't get the "beep beep". That's the sound a shitty little English car makes; not a dump truck.

Staff
#70 Posted by CastroCasper (1304 posts) -

Sick art man

#71 Edited by Branthog (5595 posts) -
@marino said:

@branthog said:

Okay, but . . . that's just about any vehicle larger than a car.

Also, what a weird fucking thing for someone to put on youtube!

#72 Posted by thewonderwaffle (67 posts) -

@brandonleedy: This is so gorgeous...some ideas potentially- a bomb on the side of the cab (or something else relating to the logo) and a silhouette with a Klepek-fro inside. Just throwing them out there. Top notch work.

#73 Edited by meatdimensionfighter (43 posts) -
@kerned said:

@brandonleedy: Actually, you know what would be pretty funny: if the truck bed was in "dumping" position, and a bit of the cassette tape's tape was starting to unravel out of the back.

I also thought it would be great if this thing was just dumping a pile of tangled tape out the back. Also, maybe if the wheels were a bit closer in the back and there was more of an overhang of the bumper in the front.

#74 Edited by Kinapuff (244 posts) -

Love it! I could do without the beep beep though, as we all know, it beep beeps.

#75 Posted by zFUBARz (637 posts) -

@kerned said:

@brandonleedy: Actually, you know what would be pretty funny: if the truck bed was in "dumping" position, and a bit of the cassette tape's tape was starting to unravel out of the back.

I also thought it would be great if this thing was just dumping a pile of tangled tape out the back. Also, maybe if the wheels were a bit closer in the back and there was more of an overhang of the bumper in the front.

Yeah love the concept but if it would fit in the space I'd love to see that extra little detail as well.

#76 Posted by Stimpack (911 posts) -

I vote for Option 3, Big Beeps! Also, that's some pretty nice work! I should probably learn to draw one day. If I could at least draw as well as the average 8-year-old, I'd be happy with that.

#77 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Perfectina! I wanna have sex with that good looking tape is that doable?

#78 Edited by Kerned (1170 posts) -

I think number one or two work best. I think I prefer the non-pixel font for the "beep beep," but when that's a thumbnail in iTunes it might be to small to make out.

#79 Posted by super2j (1747 posts) -

guys, can we start a thread where we all just post images and videos of dumptrucks? like pages and pages of it.

#80 Edited by Scrawnto (2462 posts) -

I think "BEEP BEEP" could also be implied through a sort of visual sound effect. Forgive the crude doodling, but I was thinking something like one of these:

I forgot to say, nice job! The truck/tape is brilliant.

#81 Posted by Brewmaster_Andy (522 posts) -

I did too!

#82 Posted by Sin4profit (2992 posts) -

@brandonleedy: I like option 1 or 3 (is there a difference other than the slight transparency in the title?)

Personal preference; i would practice more simplicity by centering the truck vertically, writing "*GIANT BOMB*" on the tape and cutting the title out completely.

Great concept, i like it.

#83 Posted by MikeydCT (571 posts) -
#84 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2964 posts) -

camion à benne basculante

#85 Edited by JordanaRama (220 posts) -

Totally option 3.

#86 Posted by Gamer_152 (14099 posts) -

Very nice.

#87 Edited by Bollard (5756 posts) -

@brandonleedy: Psst, the tape is upside down so the text should be too :P

#88 Posted by laserbolts (5349 posts) -

@brandonleedy: Excellent work but I would get rid of the beep beep on the tape. I liked the one in the OP the most.

#89 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6401 posts) -

I love the art but people keep saying "Beep Beep" and I keep wishing it was a Reference to the awesome band of the same name!

#90 Edited by Cirdain (3111 posts) -
#91 Posted by brandonleedy (75 posts) -

@thecreamfilling: Doesn't need one, since this truck is always dumpin' interviews, it'll only be going in reverse. ;) Also, I didn't draw it.

@thewonderwaffle: & @meatdimensionfighter:Yeah I wish I had more space to add details like Patrick, but when shrunk to the phone size, Patrick instead looked like broccoli driving a dump truck, haha.

@big_jon: Ha you hit the nail on the head. I was originally drawing a regular old dump truck, and then I realized I should just go heavy duty. Who knows how many interviews will need to be dumptrucked? This rig needs to handle it!

@brewmaster_andy:This use of cartoon Patrick is pretty awesome! I wish I had room to fit him into the design.

@chavtheworld: People keep saying it's upside down, but I always remember my old cassettes having the labels like this. But I'm sure in the history of cassettes there were probably ones in the opposite direction too. To each their own, I guess.

---

Thanks for all the feedback you guys! I sent Patrick Option 2 and a link to the rest so he could see 'em all. He really liked it and said he'd get with Jeff to see what's up about using it!

So whenever(/if?) it ends up on the feed, this was a lot of fun. Glad to have a cool back and forth with you all and even get to know a few of you in PM's too!

Thanks again everyone!

#92 Posted by Bollard (5756 posts) -

Can't @reply you here brandonleedy, but yeah now I think about it you're right. Don't know why it just looks upside down by instinct though!

#94 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

I say don't write beep beep on it.

The beeps are implied by the fact that it's dumping, don't wear out the joke on day 1.

#95 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

Here it is in the GB colours.

Probably not as good as your original one, actually. Can't really decide.

#96 Edited by DarknessMyOldFriend (257 posts) -

I personally think having "Beep Beep" in the image is superfluous and sort of takes away the fun of using that onomatopoeia to indicate the podcast. I'd probably just have the header text be "Interview Dump Truck" and have Giant Bomb with the bomb logo on the cassette in place of "Beep Beep", but it's a strong image none the less. Nice work.

#97 Posted by Ragarnok (4 posts) -

I agree with @darknessmyoldfriend first one is gold but I'd keep it as is and put a GB logo in the corner.

#98 Posted by beepmachine (618 posts) -

Awesome work duder! I'm late to the party so I don't know if you're past the point of revision, but my only critiques would be to lighten the weight of the BEEP BEEP (reversed type always looks bolder so you could probably set it in bold or regular if that typeface has it, instead of black), and maybe to try having Interview Dumptruck be on one line in a smaller size underneath Giant Bomb. Oh and if you did want the to reference the GB logo you could make the "O" in Bomb a silhouette of a bomb. Looks sharp, great stuff!

#99 Edited by Giganteus (194 posts) -

Your album art is on the latest Worth Reading. Nice.

#100 Edited by Accolade (357 posts) -

Very nice.