• 93 results
#1 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I want to go to the Rally to Restore Sanity. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I am in University and have a weekend job, which is generally used to buy games and food. I don't have the 500 dollars necessary to make the round trip. I need a genius plan to get 500 dollars very quickly.

I suppose that if I had one of those than I could use it to pay for food or something, but I figured I would throw it out there anyway.

#2 Posted by TheLegendofLuke (563 posts) -

High odds accumulator gambling :D

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (34613 posts) -

And I need a decent gaming laptop. We all have needs, but not all of us go insane when they aren't fulfilled. Also, I'd like to go to the rally, but can't find adequate transportation.

#4 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6270 posts) -

Sorry, if I knew an easy way to get $500 I'd be exploiting the shit out of that method right now. Good luck finding it, though.

#5 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Video_Game_King: I..didn't think I was going insane there...
#6 Posted by Kontrapunkt (413 posts) -

Start a conference, tell people how to make 500$ invite 100 people and charge 50$ each and then tell them the exact process and run quickly.

#7 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

You didn't save any money at all?

#8 Posted by Jeust (10341 posts) -

Sell your body. ^^ 

#9 Posted by Bones8677 (3170 posts) -

You're in Canada, become a prostitute.

#10 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -
@Kontrapunkt
Start a conference, tell people how to make 500$ invite 100 people and charge 50$ each and then tell them the exact process and run quickly.
That's 5000 dollars. :o
#11 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Kontrapunkt said:

" Start a conference, tell people how to make 500$ invite 100 people and charge 50$ each and then tell them the exact process and run quickly. "

That would seem to promote exactly the type of behavior that the sort of person who wants to go said rally is against.

EDIT: Though evidence seems to suggest that it works quite well...
#12 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5235 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" Sell your body. ^^  "
50 fat chicks at 10 bucks a pop you'll be on your way. (yes I know that's from family guy)

Or break into your mom's medicine cabinet and sell whatever you could grab.
#13 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6788 posts) -

Travel to Amsterdam and sell your body until you accumulate a nice sum of cash.

#14 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

Why?  It's funner to be insane.  Believe me. and believe me.

#15 Posted by Kontrapunkt (413 posts) -
@s7evn:  MATHSS!!!!! 5 dollars each would be even more enticing since everyone else charges more!!!
#16 Posted by Dalai (6880 posts) -

Sell one of your livers.

#17 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Dalai: Are you currently in need? A  deal could be struck.
#18 Posted by Dalai (6880 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:
" @Dalai: Are you currently in need? A  deal could be struck. "
Not yet. I already have 6, but I probably won't need them until after the election.
#19 Posted by awesomeusername (4057 posts) -

And I need $300 for a new ps3 and I don't have a job so I'm out of luck. Seems your out of luck to buddy.

#20 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Save up for next time. 
#21 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

Donate your sperm.

#22 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

Work for an Indian for a couple of nights and make sure they give you cash in hand.

#23 Edited by Lego_My_Eggo (917 posts) -

Call Oprah, or you can check out the stickied posts on there forums and see if they may help.

#24 Posted by Daveyo520 (6597 posts) -

Anyone want to give me money so I can play games?

#25 Posted by JJWeatherman (14485 posts) -
@Daveyo520 said:
" Anyone want to give me money so I can play games? "
It's a trap.
#26 Posted by MisterMouse (3531 posts) -

I think we all have "wants" the majority of these are wants...

#27 Posted by velucyraptor (358 posts) -

Harvest all non-essential bodyparts.

#28 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Lego_My_Eggo: SO...MUCH...DATA....

Well-populated forums are a bad place to do large-scale organization.

To others: While I absolutely appreciate that this is something that I WANT and do not NEED to do, I think that we can generally agree that making a political statement is more important than playing Call of Duty...
#29 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

Sanity is for the weak.

#30 Posted by Shirogane (3561 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:
" @Lego_My_Eggo: SO...MUCH...DATA....  Well-populated forums are a bad place to do large-scale organization.  To others: While I absolutely appreciate that this is something that I WANT and do not NEED to do, I think that we can generally agree that making a political statement is more important than playing Call of Duty... "

Call of Duty, sure, Starcraft II? No. 

Oh! That gave me a great idea! Go find a local SC2 tournament!
#31 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Shirogane said:
" @nintendoeats said:
" @Lego_My_Eggo: SO...MUCH...DATA....  Well-populated forums are a bad place to do large-scale organization.  To others: While I absolutely appreciate that this is something that I WANT and do not NEED to do, I think that we can generally agree that making a political statement is more important than playing Call of Duty... "
Call of Duty, sure, Starcraft II? No.  Oh! That gave me a great idea! Go find a local SC2 tournament! "
I'm afraid that at least one Asian lives in NS, so I would be guaranteed to lose.

(NOT RACIST)
#32 Edited by Gargantuan (1877 posts) -

Sell your balls to the Krogans.

#33 Posted by Helimocopter (369 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:
" @Shirogane said:
" @nintendoeats said:
Call of Duty, sure, Starcraft II? No.  Oh! That gave me a great idea! Go find a local SC2 tournament! "
I'm afraid that at least one Asian lives in NS, so I would be guaranteed to lose.  (NOT RACIST) "

I would say that is mildly racist
#34 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Helimocopter said:
" @nintendoeats said:
" @Shirogane said:
" @nintendoeats said:
I'm afraid that at least one Asian lives in NS, so I would be guaranteed to lose.  (NOT RACIST) "
I would say that is mildly racist "
I guess a little.
#35 Edited by ShadowSkill11 (1776 posts) -
@nintendoeats: No you don't. Take a GreyHound bus like poor people have been doing for decades in this country.

EDIT:
Opps. I missed the part about you being a foreigner. Take a dog sled or whatever your people take to our border. Then take a Greyhound bus.
#36 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@ShadowSkill11: actually, I looked into taking the bus last time I went to tornto and it was actually MORE than flying. Awesome world we live in.
#37 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Sell your video games.

#38 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" Sell your video games. "
I was totally waiting for somebody to say that.

Its tempting actually, but I always thought that me and these games would grow old together (looks off into the distance mournfully.)
#39 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:
" @Axxol said:
I was totally waiting for somebody to say that.  Its tempting actually, but I always thought that me and these games would grow old together (looks off into the distance mournfully.) "
It's worth it if you're selling them to fund something you strongly believe in..
#40 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" @nintendoeats said:
" @Axxol said:
I was totally waiting for somebody to say that.  Its tempting actually, but I always thought that me and these games would grow old together (looks off into the distance mournfully.) "
It's worth it if you're selling them to fund something you strongly believe in.. "
Damn you, appealing to the deep inner conflict between my love of video games and my love of doing awesome insane things that I care about.

It is something upon which I must meditate.
#41 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:
" @Axxol said:
" @nintendoeats said:
" @Axxol said:
It's worth it if you're selling them to fund something you strongly believe in.. "
Damn you, appealing to the deep inner conflict between my love of video games and my love of doing awesome insane things that I care about.  It is something upon which I must meditate. "
This is a test to see if your love for sanity shadows your love for video games. Meditate, wise one.
#42 Edited by Jeust (10341 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:

" @Axxol said:

" @nintendoeats said:

" @Axxol said:

Damn you, appealing to the deep inner conflict between my love of video games and my love of doing awesome insane things that I care about.  It is something upon which I must meditate. "
ahaha you'll regret it. ^^ 

Be reasonable. If you don't have the money, save it for next time. You're only going to save it up this quickly if you do something crazy.  

If you are that needy you should sell all your non essential body organs. That will warrant you a nice fee on the black market if you survive.
#43 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -
@Jeust:  $500 is the cost of travel, not the cost of attending the rally.
#44 Edited by Jeust (10341 posts) -
@Bigandtasty said:

" @Jeust:  $500 is the cost of travel, not the cost of attending the rally. "

I noticed. Thanks for the heads-up though. ^^
#45 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -

Yup, and I still need 1k for a decent gaming PC. Alas, I won't have the money for a year or two. Oh well, I'm still fortunate to have what I do.

#46 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Jeust:
Heres the thing. I think this is going ot be a big frigging deal. I would like to take part in something that is a big frigging deal. A life experience sort of thing. Of course, I could have other opportunities int he future, but who can say? I bet there is somebody who decided to stay home and clean the house instead of going to Woodstock that punches themselves in the face for it every day. Metaphorically.
#47 Edited by Jeust (10341 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:

" @Jeust: Heres the thing. I think this is going ot be a big frigging deal. I would like to take part in something that is a big frigging deal. A life experience sort of thing. Of course, I could have other opportunities int he future, but who can say? I bet there is somebody who decided to stay home and clean the house instead of going to Woodstock that punches themselves in the face for it every day. Metaphorically. "

Yeah, still those kind of events tend to repeat themselves until quality of life improves to satisfying levels. As economy is down on the rut, there will most likely be others.  

If you don't have the money don't do something crazy. Wait for other demonstrations. Even as no single act, unless it is extremist and incites fear, will be likely to change anything. 
#48 Posted by raidingkvatch (1148 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" And I need a decent gaming laptop. We all have needs, but not all of us go insane when they aren't fulfilled. Also, I'd like to go to the rally, but can't find adequate transportation. "
To be honest I find it all feels better when you accept insanity; it's fighting it that truly makes you mad.
#49 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

I'm surprised at the number of people suggesting you sell body parts and organs... But if you want to go that bad, maybe ask some friends/ relatives to lend you some money.

#50 Posted by Spoonman (74 posts) -

Just a question, Do you at least already have your passport?