• 54 results
#1 Posted by Devil240Z (3271 posts) -

I basically am looking for a game that can be secondary to the podcasts.

here are my requirements.

• Easily playable with sound off.
  • Not too action packed.
  • Beer friendly(beer and podcasts often go hand in hand for me)
  • Available on PC.
  • I basically want a game where I cannot get stuck. Its cool if I have to grind a bit to move on.

Examples of other games I play while listening to podcasts, Minecraft, Torchlight.

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Diablo III?

#3 Posted by OmniscientCajun (117 posts) -

Civ 5 is my current podcasting game

#4 Posted by Joker369 (868 posts) -

TrackMania 2 is what I normally play when I listen to the bombcast.

#5 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

I'm already doing this with Diablo 3 but you mentioned Torchlight so Civilization V, WoW or Terraria?

#6 Posted by ashleychittock (136 posts) -

Torchlight II is out soon. Diablo III. Civ 5. Trackmania. Age of Empires.

#7 Posted by RTSlord (1198 posts) -

@OmniscientCajun said:

this^

#8 Posted by DeeGee (2113 posts) -

Civ 5 is my game of choice for listening to the Bombcast.

#9 Posted by animathias (1170 posts) -

I was going to mention Minecraft. Lord, that's the perfect game to burn through 2 hour podcasts and an entire weekend. Ugh.

If you like Minecraft and have some 2D nostalgia, Terraria is fantastic. WoW, or any other MMO really except for SWtOR are great podcast games. Civ 5 as mentioned is also really good without having to pay too much attention, especially at easier difficulties.

I also listened to many hours of podcasts while playing Tower Defense games, mainly Defense Grid and PvZ. Though I know that's a genre some people love to hate. ;)

#10 Posted by Maystack (902 posts) -

I fire Mount and Blade up if I have no other games to play while listening.

#11 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Possible suggestions off steam: Civ5, Star Trek Online, Dungeons of Dredmor, Torchlight, Delve Deeper, Cthulhu Saves the World, Grotesque Tactics.

#12 Posted by BeachThunder (11699 posts) -
@fox01313 said:

Dungeons of Dredmor

Yup; this is the perfect podcast game. The music is turn-offable, it's turn-based, and there's heaps of replay value due to it all being procedurally generated.
#13 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

Trackmania

#14 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1230 posts) -

Diablo is perfect for this.

#15 Posted by Vitor (2810 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Diablo III?

This. On Normal, you barely need to be capable of thought to beat it.

#16 Posted by BisonHero (6174 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

@fox01313 said:

Dungeons of Dredmor

Yup; this is the perfect podcast game. The music is turn-offable, it's turn-based, and there's heaps of replay value due to it all being procedurally generated.

If anything I'd say that it's recommended you turn the music off. It's fine for a while, but it takes hours and hours to play that game, and tracks aren't nearly long or varied enough. Civ 5's music is much more unobtrusive to the point that you barely notice it's there, plus I think there are way more songs.

#17 Posted by Hector (3356 posts) -

Diablo III or Minecraft.

#18 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

@Maystack said:

How can you do that? I'd get my ass handed to me if I didn't pay attention to the battle sounds, they give you enemy location and size.

#19 Edited by Zidd (1838 posts) -

minecraft is the ultimate podcast game because it so monotonous that basically just keeps your hands busy and gives you something to look at..

#20 Posted by Levius (1077 posts) -

Binding of Isaac works for me.

#21 Edited by Maystack (902 posts) -

@Aronman789 said:

@Maystack said:

How can you do that? I'd get my ass handed to me if I didn't pay attention to the battle sounds, they give you enemy location and size.

...Battle sounds?

I just hit backspace to find out how many enemies are in the battle, and where they at.

#22 Posted by captain_clayman (3319 posts) -

kingdoms of amalur if you don't care about the story (it's hard to care about the mediocre story in that game so i've pretty much skipped all the dialog and listened to podcasts while playing.) the combat is fun, not too challenging but it has a lot of really cool options. if you only do story quests it's only like 40 hours ish but if you pick up every random sidequest you can find it can be up over 100 hours.

#23 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1188 posts) -

ID say Diablo 3, League of Legends, and Terraria are all chill. And I listen to podcasts while playing them all the time.

League will only be beer friendly if you are new to the game, as you will also get paired up with new people, for rather chill matches.

#24 Posted by JaredA (820 posts) -

Diablo III, Killing Floor or Nation Red.

#25 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Team Fortress 2 for me.

#26 Posted by Galiant (2179 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Diablo III?

@OmniscientCajun said:

Both great choices that I use myself.

#27 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -
  • Minecraft.
  • Runescape.
  • Peggle.
  • Plants VS Zombies.
#28 Posted by Vao (324 posts) -

Minecraft, diablo 3, or tropico 4 are the games I've been playing with podcasts,

#29 Posted by A_Dog (743 posts) -

Bejeweled.

#30 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -

Civ 5, Diablo 3, Minecraft 3 or FM2012. I even play MW3 or COD in general while listening to podcasts.

#31 Posted by forkboy (1116 posts) -

So I like to play Forza 4 while podcastting. I find I drive in that best when my brain is focused on something else. Which doesn't really make sense but there it is.

But as far as PC games go, strategy stuff would be my go to. Football Manager, Civ, Europa Universalis 3, World of MMA.

#32 Posted by Tuggah (1072 posts) -

Sports and Forza games for me.

#33 Posted by Eaxis (899 posts) -

Just Cause 2

#34 Posted by phuzzybunny (171 posts) -

Trackmania: Canyon is a perfect podcast listening beer drinking game for me. Also Torchlight.

#35 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

It doesn't quite fit your list, but I really enjoy playing BF3 multiplayer while listening to podcasts.

#36 Posted by Sbaitso (502 posts) -

I play lots of Jamestown, Binding of Isaac, TrackMania, do some Lantern Runs, sometimes something bigger like BF3, or maybe something more relaxed like Minecraft. But I usually stick to smaller games so I can still pay attention to the podcast.

#37 Posted by believer258 (11637 posts) -
  • Minecraft/Terraria
  • Racing games
  • Online shooters (that don't require communication)
  • Doom
  • Borderlands
  • Just Cause 2
  • Any game you've already beaten that doesn't have an emphasis on sound.

I recently beat Darksiders and am playing through it again during podcasts. You don't really need sound for that game, though I'd recommend playing through it with sound first.

#38 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

@OmniscientCajun said:

Thats a good one, I usualy just play minecraft, I have the biggest castle ever.

#39 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

Civ V, Torchlight 2 (whenever it comes out), Team Fortress 2, Burnout Paradise, Terraria.

#40 Posted by wemibelec90 (1552 posts) -

I've always used MMO's to listen to podcasts. Perfect. Now that I'm kinda done with MMOs, I have to find something too. Diablo 3 is okay but I find playing that game without sound puts me to sleep, for some reason.

Trackmania 2 would be perfect but I STILL can't get mine to even let me play, after several months of owning it.

#41 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

@BeachThunder: Just let you know as E3 is going on & listening to a bunch of the bombcasts, Dungeons of Dredmor put out a free expansion making it quite good for this topic to see the new skills/items/monsters.

#42 Posted by gamefreak9 (2344 posts) -

After u finished Diablo story you pretty much ignore like 90 per cent of sound. So very good candidate, I myself listened to about 10 podcasts while having sound muted today.

#43 Posted by Ramone (2959 posts) -

I tend to play sports games or games with very little story when listening to podcasts. I can play FIFA without being distracted by the podcast but also listen to everything that's being said.

#44 Posted by JackSukeru (5903 posts) -

Another mention of Binding of Isaac here, great podcast game, replayability is its thing.

#45 Posted by Arceion (199 posts) -

@Zidd: im with you 100% lol

#46 Posted by Ares42 (2576 posts) -

Wow, surprised to see how many other people do the civ 5 bombcast thing =o

#47 Posted by Elektrobear (20 posts) -

Europa Universalis 3 is my podcast game of choice. As of today I've put 136 hours into it, so that's alot of podcasts.

#48 Posted by m1k3 (1325 posts) -

i play nba 2k12, the myplayer mode mostly since your aren't as engaged in having to switch between 5 people in a normal game.

#49 Posted by JamesJeux007 (468 posts) -
  • Minecraft
  • Just Cause 2
  • Diablo 3
#50 Edited by MattClassic (426 posts) -

Nothing text heavy. I can listen and read at the same time, but one of them always ends up getting drowned out by the other. Binding of Isaac, Wizorb, any arcade-style beat em up, Bejeweled, and Puzzle Quest are my go-to podcast games. Basically just fairly simple games that I can mute and play to keep my hands busy.

EDIT: Simcity is great for podcasts too.