I Need Advice

MrAlonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrAlonzo

So my video store has Shadow of the Colossus and Orange Box for Ps3 for $19.99, which should I buy?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

Shadow of the Colossus... If it was me. I not sure, but I read somewhere that the Orange Box on the PS3 has problems. I never played the Orange Box on a console, I played it on the pc, so I could be missing the boat.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By dsplayer1010

The Orange Box. You won't always find it that cheap, and Shadow of the Colossus is a Greatest Hit game, therefore $20 everywhere.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Karmum

Orange Box -- you are getting FIVE games for $20. Five great ones, I may add. Even though I have seen SOTC in action (and it looks great), you cannot pass up on the deal of the Orange Box for $20.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By zitosilva

I guess Orange Box for the price. But be aware that the ps3 has a share of issues.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By brukaoru

The PS3 version of Orange Box has a lot of issues, but is still a great deal, 5 games for $20.

Perhaps you could scrounge up $40 and get both?

DavidLeeRoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DavidLeeRoth

Both are worth purchasing. You'll get more bang for your buck with Orange Box. Tough choice though.

MrAlonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrAlonzo

What kind of problems?

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Demyx
There are framerate problems, and the game has longer loading times. But its nothing horribly bad.

MrAlonzo
said:
"What kind of problems?"
Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Teoball

It has framerate problems. Often the framerate will dip for no appearant reason which is quite irritating.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Demyx

Also, I just looked up some info, and the PS3 has a quick save feature that isn't in either the PC or 360 version, which is nice considering.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By roushimsx
Demyx said:
"There are framerate problems, and the game has longer loading times. But its nothing horribly bad"
Though, for the record, it should be noted that even at its worst, the framerate in PS3 Orange Box is still better than Shadow of the Colossus at its best. SotC is a beautiful game and every encounter feels suitably epic, but it takes some time to adjust to the god awful framerate and camera. I do echo everyone else's opinion to go for Orange Box at that price, though.

Half Life 2 is absolutely amazing and while Episode 1 wasn't super great, it did a nice job of providing a proper bridge between HL2 and Episode 2. Episode 2 is 100# win. You probably won't be playing Team Fortress 2 much on the PS3, but you WILL play Portal and you WILL love it. Everyone loves Portal. It's not possible to not love Portal. It's fun, it's easy to learn how to play, the writing is funny as hell and it's addictive. You may wind up plowing through it in a single sitting.
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shadows_kill

the problems are GONE. only thing messed up is team fortress 2 but thats cause it sucks >_> i went through half life 2, episodes 1 and 2 and portel twice with only ONE minor frame rate problem that lasted 2 secs >_>

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Demyx
roushimsx said:
"Demyx said:
"There are framerate problems, and the game has longer loading times. But its nothing horribly bad"
Though, for the record, it should be noted that even at its worst, the framerate in PS3 Orange Box is still better than Shadow of the Colossus at its best. SotC is a beautiful game and every encounter feels suitably epic, but it takes some time to adjust to the god awful framerate and camera. I do echo everyone else's opinion to go for Orange Box at that price, though.

Half Life 2 is absolutely amazing and while Episode 1 wasn't super great, it did a nice job of providing a proper bridge between HL2 and Episode 2. Episode 2 is 100# win. You probably won't be playing Team Fortress 2 much on the PS3, but you WILL play Portal and you WILL love it. Everyone loves Portal. It's not possible to not love Portal. It's fun, it's easy to learn how to play, the writing is funny as hell and it's addictive. You may wind up plowing through it in a single sitting."
Orange Box is just pure awesomeness. Although I have yet to finish Portal, :/. Got really far though.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187

Here's some advice:

Keep whatever that is that's on your face...
...on your face.
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shadows_kill
Demyx said:
" Orange Box is just pure awesomeness. Although I have yet to finish Portal, :/. Got really far though."
finish portel. finish it before the weekend is over...cause you can beat it in a day...
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187
shadows_kill said:
"Demyx said:
" Orange Box is just pure awesomeness. Although I have yet to finish Portal, :/. Got really far though."
finish portel. finish it before the weekend is over...cause you can beat it in a day..."
You can beat it in 2 hours or less.  lol