#1 Posted by RedCream (705 posts) -

So a game just flashed in my head earlier and hopefully I can get some answers because I can't get it out of my head. I recall it's at least 6-8 years ago when I last played this game. The only moment that I can remember is that the game has a fishing minigame early in the game in a river beside a waterfall. I think it is a JRPG but I'm not sure. I know it's not a lot to go on but I have to find that game. Thanks in advance duders!

#2 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

I'm just going to say Dark Chronicle. Due to it being the best game and having the best fishing in a game.

#3 Edited by RedCream (705 posts) -

Sorry that's not it. I played the heck outta Dark Cloud 2 to forget about it. Thanks though.

#4 Posted by SharkEthic (1049 posts) -
#5 Edited by cannonballBAM (602 posts) -

@RedCream:

edit: in all seriousness, breath of fire?

#6 Posted by RedCream (705 posts) -

No, it's not a Zelda game, Not Breath of Fire either. Thanks for trying though.

#7 Posted by DrifterInGreen (49 posts) -

Could you be thinking about the short fishing minigame near the beginning of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy?

#8 Posted by mosespippy (4186 posts) -

Knowing which system it's for might help. With it being at least 6-8 years old you are going to get a lot of PS2 suggestions which isn't helpful if it's a gamecube game and vice versa.

#9 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

I can't remember specific waterfalls so I'm just going to list some JRPG-ish games with fishing minigames.

Most of the Suikoden series of games, Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2, Fable. Can't think of much else right now.

Also, although this probably isn't your game, Solatorobo has a ridiculous fishing minigame. And Final Fantasy VI has good fishing because you can save a life via fish.

#10 Posted by DeF (4893 posts) -

@RedCream said:

So a game just flashed in my head earlier and hopefully I can get some answers because I can't get it out of my head. I recall it's at least 6-8 years ago when I last played this game. The only moment that I can remember is that the game has a fishing minigame early in the game in a river beside a waterfall. I think it is a JRPG but I'm not sure. I know it's not a lot to go on but I have to find that game. Thanks in advance duders!

You could try a little harder and tell us what platform you played it on. PC, console? If console what console? 2D? 3D?

#11 Posted by RedCream (705 posts) -

I remember it being a 3D game with green font on its message box. I'm not sure but I'm positive I played it on a PS2. Again guys thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them all out later.

#12 Edited by ImHungry (377 posts) -

@RedCream: If it was on the PS2, perhaps Okami? Or Legaia.

Edit: I have only just remembered that we are on Giant Bomb, a video game website about video games but also about Fishing.

#13 Posted by hermes (1487 posts) -

For the PS2, the only games with fishing I can recall are Okami and Persona 4.

I would advice you to try the fishing concept page, though...

#14 Posted by RedCream (705 posts) -

Okay thanks guys I think I'll just scour through the Fishing page.

#15 Posted by Blommer4 (196 posts) -

So yeah, found out? If so, what was it? WE DEMAND ANSWERS!

#17 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@RedCream: Yeah, I knew that wasn't it. I just like to mention Dark Chronicle, the best game ever made, whenever possible.

You don't get to fish until the second dungeon anyway.

#18 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@cannonballBAM said:

Heh. "Directional butt"