I need help finding a game, Its driving me crazy

longfoehammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, I need your help.

I am trying to find a "game" that I think was featured on a Unprofessional Friday or TNT about 2 years ago i think. It was a test demo for a puzzle solving game and the main hook was that it looked like your monitor was screen tearing and the puzzles would be hidden in the tears. I've tried googling and going through the archives and I cant seem to find the right search terms to find what I am looking for.

If any of you would be able to help, that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Loading Video...

For some reason, Perspective is what comes to mind, although that doesn't really fit your description.

longfoehammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, sadly its not. What im trying to find really wasnt a game but more of a test for an idea. It never got released or anything like that. If i remember correctly it was just posted to some guys site.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Can you remember what kind of puzzles? I'm not sure really what you mean by "hidden in the tears"...what does that look like?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Was it that one Jeff played where the game is like, out-of-focus garbage static, but if you look at things from a certain angle, the static sort of comes into focus as a platform or whatever?

Shmellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shmellow

Was it that game that was in a very abstract setting, and the visual effects were extreme and disorienting and you had to kind of "see through" the chaos to find the somewhat obscured platforms to climb up and out of rooms? Or sometimes there would be portals that would take you to a new disorienting area? Also there were a lot of loud staticy/digital sounds and sometimes it looked like the player was stuck inside the static that one used to see on their TV when it wasn't tuned to any channel? And I think Jeff was a big fan of it? I do remember something like that, but I don't remember them actually playing it. I thought they just watched a preview video of it or something. Ah, I was wrong. Jeff played it.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you talking about that one game where it seemed like the entire game was made of signal interference? Everything grey, lots of abstract, almost broken geometry. I think maybe it was somewhat computer themed? Like the menus were presented as if you were hacking it? It seemed like a video game went wrong in the worst and coolest ways possible?

I don't remember the name, but maybe my description can help someone find the truth?

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Memory of a Broken Dimension?

Here's the Unprofessional Fridays with it, starts at 1:25:46

Loading Video...

Shmellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shmellow

@village_guy: Yes, this is the game that I was attempting to describe in my post. I have a feeling this is what he/she is looking for...

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Beat me to it, Memory of a Broken Dimension has to be it.

longfoehammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Memory of a Broken Dimension?

Thats exactly what I was looking for, thank you all very much!