#1 Posted by WaylonJennings (104 posts) -

Hey duders, I'm currently working on a school project which requires me to create a "logo", so my question to you is, do you know of any free or inexpensive programs for making said logo?

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (34587 posts) -

Photoshop Paint.Net? I'm assuming you're looking for an image manipulation program.

#3 Edited by personandstuff (69 posts) -

Gimp

#4 Edited by handlas (2545 posts) -

That seems unfair for a teacher to require you to create a logo without you having a program to do it in.

Adobe Illustrator is the program you would use. But I don't know how final you really need the logo to be.

#5 Posted by Sinusoidal (1152 posts) -

What kind of school are we talking here?

• Elementary - Paint
  • Middle - GIMP
  • High School - Paint.NET
  • University - pirated Photoshop
#6 Edited by TyCobb (1924 posts) -

Here's some construction paper, a pipe cleaner, and a disposable camera. I also found this glue stick behind a radiator. It says non-toxic so good luck having the glue hold.

#7 Posted by Coafi (1433 posts) -

If you really wanna use Illustrator, you can download the 30-day-trial on the adobe website.

#8 Posted by MB (11294 posts) -

I designed a logo for the official thread to discuss the Xbox One launch. I used an Android finger painting app.

#9 Posted by Crembaw (239 posts) -

• Elementary - Paint

I used Paint once and was banned from ever arting again.

#10 Posted by mjk0104 (112 posts) -

It sounds kind of dumb, but I tend to use sketchup for my basic graphic design needs. It's basic, but it's good for doing simple vector graphics. I usually then export it as an image and tweak it in paint.net

Or, being a university student, I use my "aquired" copies of photoshop and illustrator.

#11 Edited by tsutohiro (346 posts) -

What kind of school are we talking here?

• Elementary - Paint
  • Middle - GIMP
  • High School - Paint.NET
  • University - pirated Photoshop

This is the answer to your question. If you're being graded, just skip straight to Photoshop.