#1 Posted by vegetashonor (576 posts) -

So I have seen SO MANY posts on other forums about how drinking a beer in the shower is supposed to be such an amazing feeling. My question is simple, what is actually amazing about it? I want to try it, but my work schedule is crazy until this weekend, so I have to wait. Can I get a little info on it? From all that I'm hearing, it seems AWESOME! Anybody have an experience to tell?

Thanks duders!

#2 Posted by falserelic (5395 posts) -

Reminded me of an old song I listened to back in the day...

#3 Edited by OGinOR (314 posts) -

My advice to make it more awesome: smoke a bowl first...then drink a beer...in the shower.

#4 Edited by Rave (370 posts) -

My advice is to have a woman join you as well.

#5 Posted by jArmAhead (229 posts) -

Don't? At the very least, get like a plastic cup or something that won't shatter if you drop it.

I think the "amazing feeling" comes from the idea that relaxing with a nice thermally appropriate alcoholic beverage is considered a nice way to wind down after your day, as is a nice hot shower. I have no idea though because I'm civilized. Well also I don't drink but if I did, come on.

You should try showering as fast as possible though, that's a pretty awesome feeling. Try and get a full proper cleaning in in under three minutes. Or if you're super cool, the boot camp time of 60-120 seconds. It sounds stressful but it's actually pretty nice to be able to get clean that fast. It's like a real quick pick-me-up.

#6 Posted by vegetashonor (576 posts) -

@jarmahead:

Don't? At the very least, get like a plastic cup or something that won't shatter if you drop it.

I think the "amazing feeling" comes from the idea that relaxing with a nice thermally appropriate alcoholic beverage is considered a nice way to wind down after your day, as is a nice hot shower. I have no idea though because I'm civilized. Well also I don't drink but if I did, come on.

You should try showering as fast as possible though, that's a pretty awesome feeling. Try and get a full proper cleaning in in under three minutes. Or if you're super cool, the boot camp time of 60-120 seconds. It sounds stressful but it's actually pretty nice to be able to get clean that fast. It's like a real quick pick-me-up.

You sound like you don't try many new things because they aren't "proper". Definitely not doing the 3 minute shower thing...

#7 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

What was I listening to where I saw someone say that they did this? Some podcast, I think. The idea is getting away from everyone and everything and relaxing man-style. Rather than drinking wine in a bubble-bath, it's a beer in a shower. Haven't done it but maybe I should. The thing is, my showers usually only run 5 minutes or so anyway.

#8 Posted by TopSteer (642 posts) -

Showers are relaxing for me anyway and a beer only helps that. I've only done it a few times but it feels amazingly good to sit down and feel the water pour over you while drinking and just not think about anything else.

#9 Posted by jArmAhead (229 posts) -

@jarmahead:

@jarmahead said:

You sound like you don't try many new things because they aren't "proper". Definitely not doing the 3 minute shower thing...

Hah. No, I just don't drink. That doesn't make me a prude. I'm going infantry in the Marine Corps when I finish school, which I'd be pretty stupid to do if I was interested in things being "proper." In fact, I have no idea WHY you'd think I need things to be proper.

I just think drinking in the shower is dumb. Not like, it'll get you killed dumb (although shattered glass when I'm naked? No thanks), just like... Prototype 2 dumb.

3 minute showers are genuinely enjoyable. I mean, if ya need to relax, yeah, take your time. But a quick shower is a great way to get going in the morning especially. Plus, saves on money/the environment!

Sounds like YOU don't want to try new things, if you haven't just jumped in the shower with a cold beer and won't even try and have a quick shower. If you need advice on something like that, I mean, come on. You grab the beer, and step in the shower. If you dig it, you do it again; if you don't, you don't do it again.

#10 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2030 posts) -

It is a nice way to relax if a long shower and listening to stuff is a thing you like. I wouldn't use anything too pricey obviously. It is also nice if you are getting a shower before you are going out for a night.

There are many easy places to put a beer that doesn't fill it with water like so many fear. I don't really know what your shower looks like, or do I?

Warning I think basically any time or situation you want to a drink a beer is a good idea.

#11 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Seems like a beer in a hottub would be a better experience. Any method other than sippy-cup and you'll run your beer with shower water.

#12 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3851 posts) -

TAKE YOUR PLASTIC CUP FAST SHOWER PROPAGANDA SOMEWHERE ELSE FASCIST! I'm kidding. About the fascist part.

Shower beer is great. Nice leisurely shower, nice cold beer, thats all you need to know. There's no magic to it. It just IS man.

#13 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2030 posts) -

Seems like a beer in a hottub would be a better experience. Any method other than sippy-cup and you'll run your beer with shower water.

It doesn't take being a wizard to avoid ruining your beer. But yes beer in the hottub is the ultimate, not everyone has easy access to hottubs.

#14 Posted by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -
#15 Edited by Hamst3r (4479 posts) -
#16 Posted by meatdimensionfighter (42 posts) -

Cans. Use cans of beer.

#17 Posted by Marcsman (3177 posts) -

Just don't pee in the shower with your beer.

#18 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

@oginor said:

My advice to make it more awesome: smoke a bowl first...then drink a beer...in the shower.

Forget the beer and just bring the bowl....

....actually forget the bowl, I rather just bring in the long whip that extends from my vaporizer.

#19 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4691 posts) -

What? I did this once, simply to save time + money. There's nothing at all remarkable about it.

#20 Posted by thatdutchguy (1271 posts) -

Drinking beer in the shower ? hmmmm.....sounds weird but kinda nice.

#21 Posted by Slay3r1583 (605 posts) -

I can understand drinking a beer while in a hottub or a pool but the shower? Is that actually a thing people do? Sounds like something a person suffering from alcoholism would do to me.

#22 Edited by SecondPersonShooter (616 posts) -

#23 Posted by Chop (1996 posts) -

It's two of the most relaxing things put together. C'mon, did you all fail math class!?

#24 Edited by WickedFather (1731 posts) -

This thread has genuinely just reminded me that I've got a pot of tea to pour, and I'm in the bath.

#25 Edited by TooWalrus (13155 posts) -

I don't really know what reddit is, but someone posted this in another thread and it seems... relevant. If you like looking at naked people in the shower with beer (from the neck up).

http://www.reddit.com/r/showerbeer

#26 Posted by vikingdeath1 (947 posts) -

@oginor said:

Forget the beer and just bring the bowl....

....actually forget the bowl, I rather just bring in the long whip that extends from my vaporizer.

Oooh Oooh! do this, do this!

#27 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6396 posts) -

@oginor said:

Smoke a bowl in the shower.....and drink a beer....while also in the shower.....and then just jerk it so right.

#28 Posted by Hunkulese (2694 posts) -

So I have seen SO MANY posts on other forums about how drinking a beer in the shower is supposed to be such an amazing feeling. My question is simple, what is actually amazing about it? I want to try it, but my work schedule is crazy until this weekend, so I have to wait. Can I get a little info on it? From all that I'm hearing, it seems AWESOME! Anybody have an experience to tell?

Thanks duders!

The only thing weird is that you need to schedule it. Your work schedule is so crazy you don't have time for a shower?

#29 Posted by vegetashonor (576 posts) -

@hunkulese: I work 40 hours a week, plus I've been picking up 20 in overtime. I work as a Pss residential care giver, and working 7 days a week doesn't really give me time to drink, not shower. That...that would be gross...