#1 Posted by klinkcow (255 posts) -

Here's the deal. I need help from everyone to decide which game to buy today - Dishonored or XCOM. I can't buy both; that's not an option :(

I will say I love the Civ series and I played the XCOM demo and didn't want it to end, however, I love Deus Ex and Dishonored's style seems more appealing.

So what is it? Dishonored or XCOM?

I could also play Walking Dead episode 4 instead to really save money.

#2 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

heads XCOM

tails Dishonored.

GO!

#3 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Resident Evil 6.

#4 Posted by cruxking (204 posts) -

Well, first things first regardless of what you end up buying ALWAYS play the new walking dead. ~2 hours of dark middle chapter greatness.

#5 Edited by Sean2206 (258 posts) -

Dishonoured but that might just my personal preference my time with the xcom demo got cut short so haven't really got a chance to really check it out and I prefer those Deus Ex style of games.

#6 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

heads XCOM

tails Dishonored.

GO!

A coin toss never works. As soon as the coin is in the air, you're already hoping it lands a certain way.

On topic: If you want to play both eventually, does it really matter which one you play first? You're overthinking it a little bit.

#7 Posted by InsidiousBliss (39 posts) -

You can't go wrong either way. If it will be awhile before you can buy the other, pick the longer game or the game with more replay value.

#8 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -

XCOM will last you forever

#9 Posted by klinkcow (255 posts) -

@cruxking said:

Well, first things first regardless of what you end up buying ALWAYS play the new walking dead. ~2 hours of dark middle chapter greatness.

You may be on point here!

#10 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

I'm going xcom as well!

#11 Posted by onarum (2273 posts) -

freaking buy what you want the most now and then get the other one on a steam sale down the road, done...

I don't get why people have such problems deciding this sort of thing.

#12 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

Hard choice as it depends on the length of the game for Dishonored. If that one is pretty much getting most everything in one playthrough then I'd say that Xcom is probably the better choice for a game you can enjoy for quite a length of time. Might look at the reviews of Dishonored to figure that part out about it's length but if it's something to dive into over the weekend to finish it then it's one to get eventually to dive into.

Best bet, do what I do, flip a coin 3 times (for the best 2 of 3) with heads being one option & tails being the other. After the coin flips have been decided, think if you're happy with that choice while doing normal routine for a few dozen minutes then go with it if it feels like the best choice, if it doesn't seem right then go with the other choice. For me it almost sets part of my mind to where the choice is already made then figuring out the consequences of that choice afterwards.

#13 Posted by C0V3RT (1380 posts) -
#14 Posted by DeF (4975 posts) -

You can play XCOM until you have saved up money for Dishonored.

#15 Posted by YI_Orange (1172 posts) -

@FlarePhoenix said:

@Bell_End said:

heads XCOM

tails Dishonored.

GO!

A coin toss never works. As soon as the coin is in the air, you're already hoping it lands a certain way.

That's the brilliance. If as soon as you flip the coin you find yourself preferring one result, you don't need it to land to make your decision.

#16 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Dragon Ball Kinect.

#17 Posted by klinkcow (255 posts) -

I went with Dishonored for the immediacy factor. I KNOW I will play XCOM over the winter for a long time. I don't know how long Dishonored will keep me playing.

So far so good!

#18 Posted by geirr (2707 posts) -

Enjoy! I'd go with Xcom but I'm more into that style and a fan of their oldest games.

#19 Posted by peritus (1067 posts) -

@FlarePhoenix said:

@Bell_End said:

heads XCOM

tails Dishonored.

GO!

On topic: If you want to play both eventually, does it really matter which one you play first? You're overthinking it a little bit.

Go with the coin flip, then buy wichever one you hope it will land on once its in the air, regardless of the actual side its landed on.

Or if you really didnt have a preference at this pivotal moment, go with whatever it lands on!

#20 Posted by Christoffer (1914 posts) -

I don't really see the appeal in Dishonored. Looks like a bargain bin game to me, but that's just my taste. I would go for X-COM.

#21 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

@peritus said:

@FlarePhoenix said:

@Bell_End said:

heads XCOM

tails Dishonored.

GO!

Go with the coin flip, then buy wichever one you hope it will land on once its in the air, regardless of the actual side its landed on.

Or if you really didnt have a preference at this pivotal moment, go with whatever it lands on!

I always pray that the coin will land on the edge and I'll take both choices. Once I flipped a coin down a drain, that sucked.

#22 Posted by Iodine (551 posts) -

Farming Simulator 2013