#1 Posted by donitaruga (4 posts) -

So lately i've been growing tired of playing video games and I think the main reason is because I always play the same kind of games mostly RPG's, JRPG's and games that focus more on the story than on gameplay, just as an example here are some games I've played lately: Persona 2, Disgaea 3, Fire Emblem Awakening, Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, Soul Sacrifice, The wolf amoung us and GTA5.

As you can see, with the exception of TWAU and GTA5, most of those games are somewhat similar.
So I would like to ask you to please recommend me some games that are different or out of my comfort zone if you will. Preferably games on PSN (PS3/Vita).

#2 Posted by narujoe93 (2428 posts) -

The Last of Us

#3 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -
#4 Edited by Video_Game_King (34592 posts) -
#5 Posted by narujoe93 (2428 posts) -
#6 Posted by csl316 (7344 posts) -

Tomb Raider was pretty great this year.

#7 Posted by Wolfgame (572 posts) -

I know you said recommendations on psn store. But, if you have a capable pc the steam sale going on is an excellent time to step out of your comfort zone. I had purchased Euro Truck Sim 2 and found it to be very fun, and I am usually not a sim kinda guy.

#8 Posted by donitaruga (4 posts) -
#9 Edited by narujoe93 (2428 posts) -

@donitaruga: tearaway is pretty great.

Other Random Suggestions:

Guacamelee

Virtues Last Reward (play 999 first)

Gravity Rush

Sound Shapes

Journey

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Frobisher Says (free. Has dlc that I highly recommend)

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Spelunky

There's also a ton of full, retail games that are available on psn, but there's too many to recommend here. I'm just going off of the games you listed and coming up with ones that are different than those (so no RPGs)

#10 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -
#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (34592 posts) -

@darji:

You don't understand humor, do you?

#12 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

@darji:

You don't understand humor, do you?

No H games are nothing you joke about.... XD

#13 Posted by BigSocrates (203 posts) -

Just look at the games that Giant Bomb has given 4 or 5 stars to and pick some that are different from what you normally play. Try Uncharted 2 (I liked Uncharted 1 too but it might be too old) or inFamous. Obviously you need to play Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons because it is a top 10 game this year. Have you Bioshocked? Skyrimmed (It's an RPG but not more story focused than gameplay.) Have you tried the story modes of Mortal Kombat and Injustice: Gods Among Us? It ain't hard to find universally acclaimed games that are very different from your list and are available from the PSN store. Binary Domain and Xcom could be played right now for the price of a month of PS+, which is a pretty low price.

#14 Posted by mosespippy (3733 posts) -

I personally found GTAV to be more of the same in terms of gameplay and can see why you are finding your current crop of games to be tiring. I found Sleeping Dogs to be soooo much better. In fact, in the recent Giant Bomb game of the generation community vote Sleeping Dogs beat out GTAV despite being older and not selling nearly as much. It's just a better game.